Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many other Cars collectors have you met in person?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many other Cars collectors have you met in person?

This is not a competition or a contest... I enjoy meeting others who share the love of Cars that I do... I suspect I'm not the only one.

GOMATERGO was the first collector that I met in person... I posted an introduction on carsthetoys.com and Steve sent me a PM reply within 5 minutes... we met up the next day for a trade... a few months later we were invited to join a group from Indianapolis... we met indykjt (from Nathan's Playrooom), fire1035, TwoLilTorqueyPistons, Mater's Mom... I met a couple others from northern Indiana - Chad still helps me out with Cars... Chad and I met dads2spies - he'd headed to northern Indiana to visit family... I met another collector from the Chicago suburbs and saw her amazing collection... I met Ted (MT24) at an Indianapolis TRU a couple of years ago...

Many of my friends don't collect with the same intensity that they used to... Mattel distribution and case assortments did that to several of then.

Last week I had the opportunity to meet e.davies1 and his family... we shared a great couple of hours over dinner...

And more than a few of the wives/partners have mentioned that there needs to be a Cars-a-holics support group for those who are with one who has a Cars addiction/obsession.

I've talked with people in many states and countries and hope to meet more of them one day... it's great to put a face and a voice with the name that I've traded with or helped out.

I've met 11 in person - how many have you met?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

i have never met anyone off this site
    there is nobody close enough that i know of
    i do have a man and his wife i see at the kmart days each time and we have traded a little bit
    there was about 8 to 10 people that were coming to the kmart days each time
    but there are only 3 or 4 of us that show up each time now

Comment

I have not met anyone in real life that collects cars.

My best friend used to have a roomate that collected Transformers, but I didn't collect back then.

I don't know anyone who collects hot wheels.

The only thing remotely close is a friend of mine collects Halo memorabilia and i collect video game merchandise. We have not traded anything as of yet lol

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

four! One guy who only shows up when he needs something, then disappears for months. Then a few others I trade with regularly. One is moving to Japan, so I'm hoping she can get some cool stuff. Probably won't be Cars related though. Hopefully at the D23 conference this year I'll meet some other collectors.

Comment

5 local guys, plus Chris on Thursday. A few of the local guys are on the forums, but I'm not sure of their screen names.

Comment

I am yet to meet any Cars Collectors. There are a few Aussies on the forums, but I don't know of any others in my State / area. I used to collect other stuff for myself & through collecting I managed to meet another collector when I visited New York who is one of my very best friends to this day! We email just about every day & have done for the past 10 years! I hope to meet others from the Forums one day! We have a great bunch of people in the Cars Community!

Comment

I have only met two in person. Both for trades. Real nice guys. Not sure they are on here though, I think just T5AD.
              Always interested in meeting more though!
              It's nice to have people that have the same interest. Most of my friends and family think I'm crazy.

Comment

2, peter mc queen and king andy. Realy nice guy's in person, and also to deal with.
                Peter doens't live far from me so he came by allready a few time's!!!!

Comment

I've only met two local guys I trade with. They post on T5AD but not here yet.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I've met CarsTheToys user rpag in real life over the summer. I purchased some cars from him, and coincidentally, my family was taking a road trip right through his town a few weeks later, so I had him hold the cars and we met up to have a shady cars-deal on a street corner.

Also, we were once traveling through Illinois, and I remember sending GotFrank a telepathic message that I was in the same state as him, but I don't think he got it.

Comment

I've met eight collectors from CTT at the two diecast conventions I attended in Las Vegas. And had dinner xqzme from CTT. So nine in persons I think. I Skype regularly with a few as well.

Comment

none lol, not many here in Scotland me thinks.

Comment

I have only met one when i started to collect cars.
                          After that nope....
                          It would be great to know other collectors that live around me so we can exchange info for newer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                            I had him hold the cars and we met up to have a shady cars-deal on a street corner.
                            I do shady cars deals all the time in parking lots off the interstates in MD. Beats paying postage.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I have met niftyNigel in East London. Good to meet someone with the same interest. Hopefully I'll get to meet others in the US on my next road trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X