No announcement yet.

2013 Poster - Cars still to come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mildred and alex, would also say the band, but the chances of them showing up in the uk are about zero

Comment

I phoned Mattel UK this morning and they were quite happy to send the poster out in the mail.

It'll be interesting to see what's on it.

The website hasn't been updated since May 2011, so if you are all nostalgic or are missing the early Cars 2 stuff, that's the place to go!

I said that there had defintely been three cases (997Q, 997R and 997U) out in the wild and I was told that Rip (case W) and probably V? were also out there, although it does take time to get from Mattel to company distribution to store.

I asked about Deluxe and Movie Moments. No plans to release them at the moment, but that could change, it's all down to demand from stores. Once all the singles have come out and we're onto reissues of those, that maybe the time for Mattel UK to start to introduce Deluxe and Movie Moments? They are fully intending to get ALL the singles out. Each case will have a shorter production run, but all non-Chase cars will get regular reissues.

From that I guess that cases 997N and 997P have now been consigned to history?

So far J. Curby Gremlin (997N) and Petey Pacer (997P) are the only two cars from the first two cases that haven't got a confirmed reissue.

I was orignally told there would be 12 singles cases. In the US ten (nine if you consider 'twins' as one) cases have been confirmed, so there could be three more cases (incl. two more twins)?

There are 104 cars announced so far.

Movie Moments (11) ~ Not announced which case (4)
      Deluxe (13) ~ Not announced which case (6)
      Singles (77) ~ Not announced which case (7)
      Super Chase (3) Only one confirmed.

Note: I have guessed that all Maters other than the 'plain vanilla' Mater will be Deluxe.
      Last edited by niftynigel; 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        I phoned Mattel UK this morning and they were quite happy to send the poster out in the mail.

It'll be interesting to see what's on it.
        if it's the same poster i got last week it includes every 2013 release - basically it is the same as the US poster just layed out slightly differently

Comment

I'm gonna say Uncle Topolino's band. But really just excited for all the new stuff

Comment

All the Tuners

Comment

Hi, I cam across this board whilst trying to find new cars releases for my son. He is 4 now but has been collecting cars and cars2 diecast for nearly 2 years now and has 102!!!! I was wondering if there was a uk version of this site or a special area dedicated to uk sales? as its very frustrating when new cars come out and you can only get them in usa!! Any other uk collectors who would like to chat, I would be grateful of as im not great at these forum things!!!! sorry if this is the wrong place to post-couldnt post a new thread, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by madjen79 View Post
                Hi, I cam across this board whilst trying to find new cars releases for my son. He is 4 now but has been collecting cars and cars2 diecast for nearly 2 years now and has 102!!!! I was wondering if there was a uk version of this site or a special area dedicated to uk sales? as its very frustrating when new cars come out and you can only get them in usa!! Any other uk collectors who would like to chat, I would be grateful of as im not great at these forum things!!!! sorry if this is the wrong place to post-couldnt post a new thread, sorry!
                Welcome, as far as i know there are many UK collectors on this forum
                You can visit this subforum on the UK collectors recent findings
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...6-Recent-Finds

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few of us from the UK on here. Not wishing to be disengenious of any other site, but this one is the best one for UK news as there is an active section dedicated to the UK.

As the biggest market, the US, rightly in my opinion gets the biggest coverage and most products are released there earlier than elsewhere, but Mattel (everywhere) has legendary status when it comes to poor distribution.

I'm sure, as a new member of the site, you have a million and one questions. Don't hesitate to ask! We all had to start somewhere. My family only started collecting in February 2012, so we're by no means as long serving as some on here. New collectors are joing all the time!

Nigel

Try this for starters ...

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...Finds-(Part-1)

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                    Welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few of us from the UK on here. Not wishing to be disengenious of any other site, but this one is the best one for UK news as there is an active section dedicated to the UK.

As the biggest market, the US, rightly in my opinion gets the biggest coverage and most products are released there earlier than elsewhere, but Mattel (everywhere) has legendary status when it comes to poor distribution.

I'm sure, as a new member of the site, you have a million and one questions. Don't hesitate to ask! We all had to start somewhere. My family only started collecting in February 2012, so we're by no means as long serving as some on here. New collectors are joing all the time!

Nigel

Try this for starters ...

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...Finds-(Part-1)
                    Thanks for that! I get a bit lost in these forums!! I was just wondering-where do u get most of your cars from? I am looking all the time for him in supermarkets, ebay, disney store etc... so far sainsburys have been a good source when they get new deliverys in-is there anywhere you can find a list of new releases and dates?
                    jenny

Comment

Thanks for that! I get a bit lost in these forums!! I was just wondering-where do u get most of your cars from? I am looking all the time for him in supermarkets, ebay, disney store etc... so far sainsburys have been a good source when they get new deliverys in-is there anywhere you can find a list of new releases and dates?
                      jenny
                      Possibly partly due to Mattel's erratic distribution, there's no simple answer to that one! It's also down to what the demand is and how the stores order and distribute their own stocks.

Tesco

A year ago, they looked like they were giving up on the Cars lines, but they made two huge orders before Christmas and are now the biggest reseller of Cars products, although it does vary on a store-by-store basis. It's not even down to the size of store either!

Sainsbury

As the UKs second biggest supermarket, they are also a major reseller, but like Tesco, they are a bit hit and miss. Again, it's not down to store size, but the local demand.

Smyths Toy Superstores

They ordered far too much Cars 2 stock and got lumbered with loads of 'unsellable' old stock from 2011. They didn't order for a year. They were the first to stock 2013 series, but with only 30 stores, there may not be a store near to everyone. Having such a small numbers of stores means that they can't negotiate as good a terms as the supermarkets and their prices are higher, but they do have offers to shift stock.

Toys R Us

They are uniquely placed to be a major player. They flatter to deceive! There are lots of TRUs, but their buying policy is baffling. They have some great 'exclusive' products, which sell very well. The Radiator Springs Classic series sold out in record time, but they failed to re-order for four months! They also have lots of overpriced stock that doesn't sell. Then after months of nothign, they'll get loads of good stuff, which sells out! Frustrating is not the word!

Toymaster (franchises)

They can be a good source of new cars. Not everyone has an independent store near them. They've been great for me.

Wilkinson

They got regular Cars 2 stock, but when Mattel had run out of stock before Christmas, they sourced old cars from Mattel US and have struggled to sell this old stuff! Hopefully, they'll get new stock in.

Argos

They have always been a big supporter of Cars. Very hit and miss. They were a launch partner of Cars 2013. Very limited stock affected this!

Hamleys, London

If you can afford to shop there, they get regular deliveries.

Disney Stores

After saying they were going to drop the Cars line in favour of their own products, they had a run of exclusive cars (Becky Wheelin and Prince Wheeliam included) at the end of last year. No 2013 stock as yet!

This covers the major players. ASDA and Morrisons also stock Cars, but at only a few locations.
                      Last edited by niftynigel; 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

STANDARD SINGLES:

W1938-997N - Briefly released in Europe only (Jan 2013)

LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) (World Grand Prix)
                        FRANCESCO BERNOULLI (World Grand Prix)
                        SUKI (Tuners)
                        RACE TEAM MATER (Maters)
                        SHERIFF (Wheel Well Motel)
                        CHICK HICKS (Piston Cup)
                        RACE TOW TRUCK TOM (Piston Cup)
                        UNCLE TOPOLINO (Festival Italiano)
                        J. CURBY GREMLIN (Lemons)
                        VLADIMIR TRUNKOV (Lemons)
                        DUSTY RUST-EZE (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        SALLY (Retro Radiator Springs)
                        HANK 'HALLOWEEN' MURPHY (Retro Radiator Springs)

W1938-997P - Briefly released in Europe only (Feb 2013)

MIGUEL CAMINO (World Grand Prix)
                        RIP CLUTCHGONESKI (World Grand Prix)
                        ERIK LANELEY (World Grand Prix)
                        KABUTO (Tuners)
                        RACE TEAM MATER (Maters)
                        HOLLEY SHIFTWELL (with Screen) (Palace Chaos)
                        SARGE (Wheel Well Motel)
                        RACE TEAM LUIGI & GUIDO (Festival Italiano)
                        GREM (With Weapon) (Airport Adventure)
                        THE KING (Piston Cup)
                        VICTOR H. (Lemons)
                        PETEY PACER (Lemons)
                        RUSTY RUST-EZE (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lightning McQueens)
                        LIGHTNING RAMONE (Retro Radiator Springs)

W1938-997Q - Released in UK (March 2013)

MAX SCHNELL (World Grand Prix)
                        TUBBS PACER (Lemons)
                        MATER (with Bomb) (Palace Chaos)
                        NITROADE (Piston Cup)
                        MARLON 'CLUTCHES' McKAY (Piston Cup)
                        CHARLIE CHECKER (Piston Cup)
                        LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Cone) (Lightning McQueens)
                        BRAND NEW MATER (Retro Radiator Springs)
                        SALLY (Retro Radiator Springs)

W1938-997R - Released in the UK (February 2013)

LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) (World Grand Prix)
                        DJ (with Flames) (Tuners)
                        WINGO (with Flames) (Tuners)
                        MIGUEL CAMINO (World Grand Prix)
                        LEWIS HAMILTON (World Grand Prix)
                        ERIK LANELEY (World Grand Prix)
                        SHU TODOROKI (World Grand Prix)
                        KRATE-RAINSON WASH (Airport Adventure)
                        RACE TEAM MATER (Maters)
                        FILLMORE (Wheel Well Motel)
                        SARGE (Wheel Well Motel)
                        RAMONE (with Paint Gun) (Wheel Well Motel)
                        SECURITY GUARD FINN McMISSILE (Airport Adventure)
                        CHICK HICKS (Piston Cup)
                        DEXTER HOOVER (Checkered Flag) (Piston Cup)
                        DUSTY RUST-EZE (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        RACE TEAM LUIGI & GUIDO (Festival Italiano)

W1938-997U - Released in the UK (March 2013) ~ The current case!

DAVID HOBBSCAP (with Headphones) (World Grand Prix)
                        DJ (with Flames) (Tuners)
                        MIKE LORENGINE (with Guns) (Palace Chaos)
                        FRANCA (Festival Italiano)
                        HURAMI (Tuners)
                        SHERIFF (Wheel Well Motel)
                        FLO (Wheel Well Motel)
                        FINN McMISSILE (Airport Adventure)
                        NITROADE (Piston Cup)
                        LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Piston Cup)
                        UNCLE TOPOLINO (Festival Italiano)
                        VLADIMIR TRUNKOV (Lemons)
                        RUSTY RUST-EZE (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        JONATHAN WRENCHWORTHS (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        GRETA BRUCHMAN (Retro Radiator Springs)
                        CRUISIN' LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (Lightning McQueens)

The next two cases, believed to be W1938-997V and 997W contain the following cars ...

MILES AXLEROD (with Hood Up) (Chase) (Palace Chaos)
                        MAX SCHNELL (World Grand Prix)
                        DARRELL CARTRIP (with Headphones) (World Grand Prix)
                        RACE TEAM MATER (Maters)
                        YOU THE BOMB MATER (Palace Chaos)
                        SPUTTER STOP (Piston Cup)
                        CHARLIE CHECKER (Piston Cup)
                        MAMA TOPOLINO (Festival Italiano)
                        CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN (Lightning McQueens)
                        EDWIN KRANKS (Retro Radiator Springs)

RIP CLUTCHGONESKI (World Grand Prix)
                        LEWIS HAMILTON (World Grand Prix)
                        McQUEEN (with Cone) (Lightning McQueens)
                        CRUISIN' LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (Lightning McQueens)
                        SNOT ROD (with Flames)
                        KABUTO (Tuners)
                        ICHIGO (Tuners) (CHASE)
                        FLO (Wheel Well Motel)
                        RAMONE (with Paint Gun) (Wheel Well Motel)
                        SECURITY GUARD FINN McMISSILE (Airport Adventure)
                        TUBBS PACER (Lemons)
                        FRANCESCA (Festival Italiano) (CHASE)
                        VERN (Rust-Eze Racing)
                        VICTOR PAVEONE (Palace Chaos)
                        Last edited by niftynigel; 04-08-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Hi thanks for that, will keep a look out for that lot. Recentley just got erik lanely, franca, dusty, jonathan wrenchworths, suki,hurami, you the bomb mater, david hobbscapp(with headphones) and the land rover from the palace (cant remember the name-its mike something. I keep my eyes peeled all the time for rip clutchgoneski but not seen it at all in my area

Comment

@ niftynigel.... one word sums you up AWESOME..... serious, your posts always give me hope.
                            even if its not all spot on... I love to read the indepth analysis of your hard effort & determination
                            to get the info for us all. keep it up the world is watching...

Comment

Uncle Topolino band!!!

Comment

Thanks Ru5ty, much appreciated.

I used to pester Mattel UK and they used to give me lots of information, some of it proved to be true and some not true. I used to post a lot of stuff and Mattel UK objected. I was requested not to post all the stuff I got. I continued to post what I considered to be in the interests of genuine collectors. Sadly, eBay dealers also get to see this info too, so we open ourselves up to be screwed. I'm sure that Mattel could handle the info better for the benefit of genuine collectors, but then again, they are a huge multi-national, who make millions, if not billions in profit, so they believe they are right. Cars is just a small bit of that.

I don't believe they ever mean't to decieve, as they are very market and demand dependent.

A big challenge for them is that the products are manufactured in the Far East. This isn't necessarily a problem in isolation, but in order to be cost-effective, it can only be sent over by cargo ship, which can take weeks. If the demand is higher than expected, there are gaps in availability and stores' shelves are empty. After the over-ordering of Cars 2 stuff, Mattel are naturally cautious in their production numbers. They don't want to be stuck with huge unsaleable stuff. Economic conditions in the UK and Europe are bad right now, so that's a major influence all round. We're lucky to have Tesco and Sainsbury, who can afford to take a chance on stocking cars, but others aren't so lucky. Tesco will always make lots of money, but your toy store can't afford to make mistakes.

Mattel draw up a yearly plan for the product. I'm not sure who does this, but I guess it's Mattel US in California. Other regional HQs (UK and Europe included) will amend this to suit. Mattel UK are out of sync with the rest of Europe as their year runs with their tax year, April to March, hence only a trickle of new stuff until March. Products ordered and delivered in March will be paid in April (next financial year), so that's why stocks in March suddenly appeared.

I genuinely believe that Mattel UK intended to release two more Cars 2 cases to complete the singles series and one final miscellaneous case (with reissued Cartney Brakin** in it), but a combination of factors mean't there wasn't enough time to get them out (and sold) before the 2013 range was released and they didn't want to delay that.

** Cartney Brakin was in case 996W and a Europe reissued 998H in February. A few 998H did make it to Tesco, but all six I saw had the good stuff missing by the time I got there.

Comment

Working...
                                X