Please Make Your Voice Heard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Make Your Voice Heard

While I'm aware that the majority of members are international here.
    I ask that US members take time to contact Target about the multi-packs.
    I've just read that Chauncy Fares is in a $35 7-pack @ Target...

http://www.target.com/legal-contact-us/email-subscribe

So please take a minute to send Target a message.
    On how you feel about the multi-packs with one "exclusive" vehicle.
    We shouldn't have to take this abuse. Just because we're loyal collectors.
    Please keep your comments as clean & civil as you can.

I am happy to do so Josh but afraid I wouldnt be able to hold back my disdain for a company profiteering at the expense of their most important targeted base, not the kids but the collectors. Fecking Twunts!

Comment

Is Target the correct target if you excuse the pun? Does anyone know the mechanics of their gift set arrangement with Mattel?

Either way, I'm afraid that like with most things of this nature, the best way to make your voice heard is with your pocket; i.e. keeping it closed.

I once half-joked they just shoved any old overstock Cars into these exclusive vehicle rip offs. But this 7-pack doesn't even pretend that's not the case. Whilst TRU at least makes some small effort to group Cars by movie scenes (Fancy New Road for example), this Chauncy 7-set is a farce. The only Car with a tenuous geographical link is UJ Ramone. Where's Grem and Acer, beaten up in the pub by Chauncy and Krate's Heathrow cousin? Oh and you can pretty much guarantee, as with Mama Bernoulli, theres no plans for a single release of Chauncy now.

It's a blatant two fingers up at collectors. Time that as customers, we returned the gesture.

Comment

If it had 2-3 Lemons, UJ Ramone, Maurice (he was in the pub, right?) then either UDB Mater or Rocket booster Mater and Fares then thats a movie moment.

Good point Enz!

Comment

does target dictate which cars are in their 4 and 7 pack exclusives or are they told by mattel what will be in the sets?
          if I had to guess I would think mattel puts one new car in the sets and target can take it or lose their exclusives

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
            does target dictate which cars are in their 4 and 7 pack exclusives or are they told by mattel what will be in the sets?
            if I had to guess I would think mattel puts one new car in the sets and target can take it or lose their exclusives
            I tend to think that is exactly how it goes... although I could see Mattel charging say $24 for 7 Cars with 2 new or $21 for 7 with 1 new Car and Target going with 7 with 1 new in an attempt to maximize profit by minimizing costs.

I've said this for years - Cars sell in spite of Mattel, not because of Mattel.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Enzo brings up an excellent point. When was Mams Bernoulli on the track with McQueen, Shu & Francessco?! She's with two Cars that coincidentally could be easily found within 30 minutes of searching in most communities (around the world...) I remember a quote from a Mattel drone once. The gist was these multi-packs are meant to "replicate a moment from the film" (paraphrasing). Anyone need fertilizer..? Taking advantage of us the collectors. From carded to chipped up in a drawer. We are the people supporting this line. And we all deserve better. Dirty pool plain & simple.

And Target wants "EXCLUSIVE!" that means people come in their store to them. But they could care less what Mattel puts in with the "exclusive". The same thing was happening with Hotwheels, before the Cars line.

Comment

Close your wallet and don't let Mattel rape it!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This is my 10 cents...
                  I got a weird feeling, a couple of the target exclusive will be released as part of the 2014 line similar to what happened on the 2013 line..
                  Mama.. is just too good to be excluded from the 2014 line :P

Comment

Yes, "Exclusive" has had an expiration date in the past. So don't get this thinking it will remain special and retain it's "value". Manipulated as it may be.

Comment

Another thing, it's not as if Target/Mattel can plead ignorance, after all they HAVE produced "movie moment" gift packs previously even with an "exclusive vehicle"...

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                        Yes, "Exclusive" has had an expiration date in the past. So don't get this thinking it will remain special and retain it's "value". Manipulated as it may be.
                        We'd like to hope so (especially with Mama B and Chauncy) but then there's been no sign of a 2-pack Finn/Captured Prof in the last 12-18 months has there?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          We'd like to hope so (especially with Mama B and Chauncy) but then there's been no sign of a 2-pack Finn/Captured Prof in the last 12-18 months has there?
                          I am still rooting for a MaMa Singles for 2014...
                          Just like what happened to You the Bomb Mater..

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                            I am still rooting for a MaMa Singles for 2014...
                            Just like what happened to You the Bomb Mater..
                            Wasn't aware YDBM was first seen in that Target pack I posted? Of course, the cynic in me says churning out yet another Mater as a single is completely different to an entire new 'niche' car like Mama B. I guess we'll find out in October time when the 2014 poster preview is released.

Comment

The first You the Bomb Mater was in a TRU 5 pack - it was an exclusive Car... it turned out that the You the Bomb Mater in the London Rescue 12 pack was different than the one in the TRU 5 pack... The You the Bomb Mater single that first appeared in 2013 Singles case C is the same one as the London Rescue 12 pack.

The Bruno Motoreau from the Target 4 pack is the same as the one in the 2013 2 pack with Raoul/Bruno.

The problem Mattel and retailers need to recognize is not that multipack boxed sets don't sell, it's that multipacks with only 1 new Car and lots of repeats don't sell... it's been this way for years... I really liked the Team Crew sets with crew chief and pittys (4 Cars total)... however, when they released Leakless, we'd already had the crew chief and one of the pittys... and as far as the Chick Hicks set, only the crew chief was really new - the pittys had been released as a single (Bruiser was part of the Walmart 8 series) or in 2 packs (Movie Moments with Chick) or in 3 packs (Mater and 2 Chick Pittys)... A Rusteze set with Not Chuck and other Rusteze pittys would have sold... Dinoco, Octane Gain, Nitroade, and Bumper Save all sold... but stores were stuck with old stock (Leakless, HTB) that didn't sell so they assumed that the Team Crew sets didn't sell... the same problems have occured with Deluxe in Cars and Cars2 releases... Movie Moments in Cars and Cars2 releases... and I could go on.

There's not a single hard to find Car in my collection that I don't want to see released again... I'd love to see Bessie, El Materdor, Brian Parks Motors, Chuck Choke Cables, Chuy, Taia Decotura, Taco Truck Mater, and more released on a much more widespread basis... I don't collect Cars as an investment... I buy them because I enjoy them and enjoy helping others... the original designer of Cars, Martin Arriola, was the closest thing to a person at Mattel who cared about collectors and customers... Mattel reassigned Martin to WWE figures... and Cars and collectors have suffered since.

What if we had an entire day where no one in the world bought anything Cars? And then a weekend? And then a week? Or if no one bought any Cars at any Target store in the US and Canada? Would we be heard if our wallets were not shared?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X