Collect & Connect cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collect & Connect cars

I saw the 4 boxes at big lots today and just noticed they all said 'exclusive cars'.
    LMQ, Raoul and Francesco were gray or silver, are these different from the Kmart silver cars?
    Is Mater a variant from regular Mater? And were all these easily available in stores?
    Just curious, I apologize if this has been posted before.

Glad you asked, KK&PP_Cars... here's an article I wrote 2/12/2012:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...s-Cars-Puzzles

Yes, they are different than the Kmart silver series Cars... I can add photos of the fairly loose Cars if need be.

I saw the first wave (Mater and Raoul) at TRU and Meijer stores... I saw the second wave only at Target stores - the second wave had 2 Francesco (#4), 1 McQueen (#3), and I think 1 Raoul and 2 Mater (but could have been 2 Raoul and 1 Mater).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks cac1959!! I knew I should've done a search, great article as always...these are definitely from the second wave, Francesco and LMQ are swimming in the puzzles...at first I thought they had been vandalized until I looked closer and saw them down there...

Comment

You're welcome... almost all the second wave puzzles suffered from a glue problem - the cardboard insert containing the Car came loose from the box, falling into the box... the Cars are fine.

I think I saw one Francesco and one McQueen that had not fallen into the box.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Collect & Connect

I recently opened mine. As well as the two Finish Line Frenzy McQueens.

All four.

Ad the Finish Line Frenzy McQueens.

Silver.

And Gold. My favorite of the decal \wheel variants, so Smokey & the Bandit!

If my Cars Urban Legend serves me right. Some time after Martin Arriola left as the head of the design team at Mattel. He was replaced by someone from the puzzle division of Mattel. So right off the bat, exclusive variants in puzzles. Sighs... But thanks to my resistance to non-canon variants. I was able to get all but two of the puzzles at a significant clearance prices. And after getting a set of K-day silver racers. Also at a very reduced price (loose). I decided to go ahead and free all the non-canon Cars.
          Last edited by GotFrank; 07-26-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your great photos, GotFrank!

Comment

Yes, thank you both, this is great info...

Comment

Found the Finish Line Frenzy pack with gold LMQ at TRU today...I believe it was selling for $10...

Last edited by KK&PP_Cars; 07-29-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Last time I saw this was at Ross stores. $10 is a good price!

Comment

Working...
                  X