This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD site announcements

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up... We're doing a little bit of site maintenance to try to make it a little easier for our members to find things on PCD... I've created new sub-forums called:

PCD Contests - we'll post details about current and past contests in this sub-forum... I've moved topics from general discussion into this sub-forum... you should now be able to find see and navigate to this sub-forum.

The Rating Game - this will contain polls and posts like the current Name your 5 favorite Cars of all time.... I've created the sub-forum but you can't see it yet; I've not moved polls and topics into this area yet... Once I do, I'll open it up to display.

New polls and ratings topics will be posted in this sub-forum.

Many thanks for supporting PixarCarsDiecast.com.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Update:

The Rating Game is now open - I've moved polls and ranking/rating type topics into this new sub-forum, except for the most recent one.

We've had many new members join PCD in the last several weeks... we figured creating the 2 new sub-forums would help members find what might have previously been posted and have a better idea where to find things.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Input requested on Recent Finds site organization

As we are now at the end of August, we'd like your thoughts and input on PCD site organization concerning Recent Finds.

We started out with a new thread for Recent Finds on a monthly basis... that worked fairly well in the beginning when we were a small, newer site... membership and activity has increased... we split the monthly finds into 2 threads, one for Store Purchases and one for online purchases and trades.

We also started a thread for UK Finds that has been going on for several months - in fact it's probably time to create a new one... We've received suggestions that a thread for Europe finds might be a good one... so we'd like your input... keep it like we've been doing, or organize finds like this:

US Store Finds - we could then have sub-forums/topics for various US stores
      UK Store Finds - we could then have sub-forums/topics for various UK stores
      Europe Store Finds
      Asia Store Finds
      Canada Store Finds
      South America Store Finds
      Online Purchases and Trades

We could keep an eye on the amount of posts in these areas and open new threads for finds every 3 months or so, depending on the amount of posts in the threads.

I like to know when new Cars are being found as well as where new Cars are being found... I know some of our members prefer to buy and trade only within their country, but many of us trade with people all over the world... and it might be easier for all of us to find out about new finds if we emphasize the Where before the When.

Looking forward to your input - we appreciate your support of PCD.

The PCD Management Team.

Comment

I was gonna suggest you break it down into actual store threads..like walmart, target and so on. Which makes it easier to see where things are being found. But I'm not sure which way I like better?

Comment

Would it work if you had US Finds as a forum of its own under Cars Discussion and then have its own child board with Store finds (Be it under one roof or split out individually) along with Online finds and US trades.

Then an international one with UK Finds, Australia finds, etc, etc along with international trades and ebay finds.

Or you could lump them all under one board called "Look what I found" or something similar?

Comment

General forum etiquette: 9/18/13

Just wanted to mention a few things about general forum etiquette...

Please do not type entire replies in upper-case letters - it is considered shouting and is rude.

Please keep topics on topic.

Please keep comments and replies civil... there are different ideas on what to do in certain situations regarding finds and purchases... some of you may only purchase 1 of an item if you see multiples in a store (or online)... I will purchase as many as I can and help out others in other cities, states, and countries... I've done it as long as I've been part of the Cars community and will continue to do so in the future... you may not agree with my opinion on that, but I'm not going to change... Mattel distribution is too hit and miss, in my opinion, and I'm going to continue to help who I can... even if it means I'm still waiting on money or merchandise going back almost a full year (to Kmart 9 last October) if not longer - I just won't be helping those people in the future.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to contact me via PM or e-mail.

Chris

Comment

October 5, 2013... It looks like the Flash Chat module of the forum is having problems... I have contacted MrBrownstone who will contact the webmaster to see if we can get it going again.

Comment

Working...
              X