Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analyzing the remaining 2013 cases (R, M, N, Q)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyzing the remaining 2013 cases (R, M, N, Q)?

So we know case R came out right after H and had Yukio. That was a couple weeks ago and the Yukios have quickly disappeared for the most part from ebay and I'm not hearing about any more sightings of this case. Case L (Boost w/Flames) has just showed up overseas. Today is August 1st and the Mattel year ends 9/30. We will really see cases J and K? I'm thinking both will be canceled. Case R seems to have a low production run and case L in the USA is questionable. I'm thinking there are plenty of case Rs that were made that are just sitting in a warehouse. Those will likely be liquidated come this November. I'm continuing to see a decline in the demand for the line which is sad.
    Last edited by cac1959; 08-23-2013, 01:14 PM. Reason: Title change

The market is emptied for Yukios, i would be cheaper to buy the whole case R than to buy the only Yukio listed on ebay at the moment. But there is a fly in the ointment, none of the cases R is available at the moment. Dad gum, i still need Yukio.

Comment

I hope they at least just delay them to be the first cases of the 2014 year...there are some good cars in there that I NEED!

Comment

I would not mind a Super case like 2012 Singles case P, as long as it's readily available for people to be able to order...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Has Mattel ever run the same cardback design more than one year? I've only been doing this is a year and with all the cardback designs I've seen it would appear they have a shelf life of one year and then they are changed.

Comment

I am new, but I think 2011 and 2012 were the same, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
              The 2011 and 2012 singles both featured the Porto Corsa cardback... 2011 Movie Moments featured the Porto Corsa cardback but the 2012 Movie Moments featured the Tokyo cardback... You can read about the cardbacks and see photos at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...l-in-the-cards

It looks like I need to update the article to include the 2013 cardback series and the Radiator Springs Classic series... I think this will be my next article.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post

Yes and no -- 2011 had the angled cardbacks and 2012 had the straight cardbacks.

Comment

Case R was just put out in a Walmart in So Cal today. Happy Hunting.

Comment

Carlotsales on ebay has listed Alex Carvill, Maurice Wheelks, Nature Drive McQueen, Vern, Race Official Tom, and Rip today. (Thanks injectr on CTT for letting us know)
                    When I asked carlotsales, he replied that he and a fellow collector actually found them on the Pegs at TRU and did not get them from Mattel directly. While he didn't know the Case assortment, he did say that there didn't seem to be any Francescos or McQueens.

Sounds like a lot of Cases are going to be pushed last minute once again, with the last Case of MM just getting released in Canada and Singles Cases H, R, and now whatever this newest Case is is just appearing in the US.

As long as Mattel finishes the 2013 year, I'll be happy.

Comment

The great cases N and P came out in November last year in the US, so there's still hope!

In the UK, our first 2013 case (your B case) only came out at the end of February, so we were well behind you, months in fact, but we're now on our eigth case (having missed out on the equivalent of your A case with J. Curby Gremlin), with the prospect of two 'final' cases in September PLUS the usual 'clipstrip' cases masquerading as 'clearance' cases around the January sales time.

Mattel hasn't actually cut production to get all these cases out either. Sales are up by approximately 50% compared to 2012. Mattel UK failed to get out 25 new cars last year and the last four weren't released over here, but they managed to get out 72/79 from the 2013 series so far! However, the price we have had to pay for that is NO Deluxe or Double packs so far, whilst the rest of Europe and much of the rest of the world has had them!

The UK has a toy market that's nearly as big as the whole of the rest of Europe put together, so it's hard to understand Mattel UKs strategy sometimes!

Comment

Mods - now that we know cases J and K are really M and N - can you adjust the title of the thread? Also does anyone have the full case contents list for M and N - looking for something that is verified by someone who opened a case at a store. Since Mattel changed the case letters to M and N I don't want to rely on the original case list of J and K and assume it remained the same.

Comment

I changed the thread title... we still could see J and K in the future... so much coming out all at once it's hard to keep up... I've seen nothing newer than case G singles in a store...

I have no idea as to case contents of M and N... as soon as someone finds a full case, perhaps they'll let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                            Mods - now that we know cases J and K are really M and N - can you adjust the title of the thread? Also does anyone have the full case contents list for M and N - looking for something that is verified by someone who opened a case at a store. Since Mattel changed the case letters to M and N I don't want to rely on the original case list of J and K and assume it remained the same.
                            It did not remain the same as J and K. Alex, Maurice, Nature Drive McQueen, Vern, Race Official Tom, Rip Clutchgoneski, J Curby Gremlin, and possibly Petey Pacer make up the majority of this Case. M has all of those along with Takeshi Super Chase.

I wonder what will happen to Brent Mustangburger w/ Headset? He was supposed to be in Cases J and K but was not released in M and N. Hopefully he still ends up getting a release in a future Case.

Now that Case M is released, there are only 21 Cars that still need to be released in the US: Jeff Gorvette, Brent w/ Headset, Count Mater, Waiter Mater, Luigi and Guido w/ Shaker and Glasses, Mark Wheelsen, Doug Speedcheck and Palace Danger Finn McMissile, RPM, Boost w/ Flames, Ichigo, the Airport Waitress, Uncle Topolinos Band, McQueen with Sign and Fred, and finally Mildred Bylane.

However, if you take away all the Cars that have been released all over the world but not in the US (Canada, the UK, etc), than you only get 4 Cars that have not been released anywhere at this point: Mildred Bylane, the Airport Waitress, Count Mater, and Waiter Mater.

Currently I'm around 80% sure that every single Car will be released somewhere around the world by the end of the Mattel year (sometime in October). However, I'm probably only 50% sure that every single Car will be released in the US. Something keeps telling me that the last wave of 2 packs will not make it here, although I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Posted on the PCD Facebook page... a new case found at TRU includes:

Super Chase Takeshi and Super Chase Hiroaki, Nature Drive Lightning McQueen, Alex Carvill, Vern, Maurice Wheelks, and it looks like Rip... I am not sure about how many of each in each case.

An eBay seller in Georgia had 2 sets of the Super Chase Cars and 6 Alex Carvill - perhaps there are 3 Alex per case.

Comment

Working...
                              X