Professor Z with foggy eyeglass and doorhandle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professor Z with foggy eyeglass and doorhandle

I have found this Professor Z variant at T5AD, so all pictures are from this well known source of cars related news and knowledge.

I need the help of our fellow members for an advice how to get this variant. Is there anybody out there who can give me a hint how i can find this car ?

thanks

I'll have to take a closer look at the Professor Z in the Target 12 pack or the 2012 cardback Movie Moment... won't be able to do that until this evening.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

If I recall correctly, the final diagnosis for that car was that the door handle on the front was a one-time production error - the door handle is supposed to be painted on the rear door of the car, but Underpaid Chinese Worker #1851645 put it on the front by mistake. As for the foggy vs. clear monocle, I think that is just something that happens every now and again unintentionally. There's most likely no way to tell unless you see each individual single in question. Here's the TakeFive followup pic: http://www.takefiveaday.com/2011/06/...final-chapter/

However, there is a variant to be noted between single/short card Professor Z as compared to the Walmart-exclusive 2-pack with Tyler Trunklis Gremlin and the 2012 cardback Movie Moments with Acer with Helmet that cac1959 mentioned. Both the single and the Movie Moments have open-mouthed expressions and the Walmart pack has a closed-mouth expression. There is also an alleged variant between the Single and the Acer with Helmet pack, mentioned here: http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/05/...like-variants/

According to the post, the MM Professor has teal undersides to the bumpers and a dark black base and wheels, as compared to the single/short card Professor which has silver undersides to the bumpers and a gray base and wheels. It's practically all trivial, since, for my versions of these cars, the gray/black difference holds true but both versions have the teal underside to the bumper.

Which leads to the possibility of a fourth version altogether that I don't have - the silver underside to the bumper with the gray base and wheels, as pictured on Take Five. This would most likely be from a 2011-style single or short card. Does anyone have one of those?

I made this much more complicated than it needed to be.

Comment

thanks a lot for your post Bumber Save, it helped a lot. So i am happy to see that this special Professor Z is a one of a kind error car, lucky me my hunt is over at that point. Thanks a ton.

Comment

Working...
        X