Case T Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case T Released

Well this was a surprise to read today but if you take a look at Take5 you will see that Case T is now released as well. So we have now had cases H, R, M, N, P, Q, T (7 cases) all released pretty much within a month of each other. So Mattel's problem last year of poor case assortments seems to have been replaced this year by too many cases in too short a timeframe. There is no way the stores can absorb all these cases unless production on some of these was low. It seems likely that retail stores will have 2 options:

1) They will refuse all Y0471 cases and only order the new code to get the 2014 cars (this is what happened last year and explains how case P ended up with online sellers only as retail stores wanted nothing more to do with the V2796 series)
    2) Retailers could choose instead to put out Y0471 cases for months and no one will order the new 2014 cases

Cool. I want that Timothy Timezone Truecoat.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Case T is not released yet. And Timothy Timezone Truecoat is supposedly Timothy Twostroke now instead.

This doesn't even seem like a legit Case. There's only 15 Cars in the Case if what Met posted was correct. They seem to have been pretty innacurate lately with everything changing up so suddenly, so I wouldn't believe everything that hasn't been confirmed yet at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
        Case T is not released yet. And Timothy Timezone Truecoat is supposedly Timothy Twostroke now instead.

This doesn't even seem like a legit Case. There's only 15 Cars in the Case if what Met posted was correct. They seem to have been pretty innacurate lately with everything changing up so suddenly, so I wouldn't believe everything that hasn't been confirmed yet at the moment.
        There's 24 cars to every singles case - Met was just posting the type of cars included in T and not the count of each.

Comment

There are only a couple of these that I'd be interested in as singles... that's the Cars that haven't been released as singles yet... Pit Crew Fillmore... Timothy Twostroke (McQueen's Fan from the Target 9 pack)... N2O Cola (was a TRU Radiator Springs Classic single)... Raoul if and only if it's been upgraded to a unibody... Guido and Luigi with shakers if I don't find it as a US carded single... and I may need another Wingo with flames.

And for 2014, I'll only be buying the new Cars and first time singles, except for Cars that I collect on every cardback, such as The King, Sheriff, and Lizzie.

And as Popemobile said, in 2012 (and earlier in 2013) there were no new Cars for months on end... in August and September 2013, there have been too many Cars released all at once.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

it has been updated but i really don't care...or would like to care!
            My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Agreed - the case stinks. I only like the timothy twostroke and may pick up some more Wingos to pair with all my DJs. The rest is junk.

Comment

more and more cases...and more we don't need for collection, only one from this case that we need, great moneysaver this case

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Good thing there's only one Francesco. In last year's Case A there were 5 McQueens and 4 Francesco's.

I am definitely not buying any of the Cars that were available in 2013. I'll definitely buy Timothy Twostroke, N2o Cola, Raoul if he's unibody, Fillmore w/ Headset if he's unibody, and maybe Luigi and Guido w/ Shaker and Glasses.

Comment

They should have Timothy Timezone Truecoat. My Targets around me didn't get any of the last 4 cases of Final Lap Series cars.
                    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Working...
                    X