Hudson Hornet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson Hornet

It was 5 years ago to the day that Paul Newman (Voice of Doc) sadly passed away. Doc is a fantastic character in Cars and he was truly brought to life by Paul Newan who did a fantastic job. Paul did many great films and Cars was just one but I wanted to pay respects to the Doc right here on PCD! God bless.

Sadly we have also lost the voices of Fillmore and Red.

Comment

Yes it is sad. I also love to hear and see doc in the Cars game for the Wii. I was wondering if Cars 2 would be completely different if Paul Newman was still alive, would they still choose for a world champion race or would they have kept the storyline closer to Radiator Springs? I know that John Lasseter loved to travel internationally when promoting Cars and wanted the second movie to focus more on other parts of the world too. Not to mention we also almost lost the official voice of Lightning McQueen back in 2007, for the ones that have read the wikipedia page of Owen Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Stickers View Post
        Not to mention we also almost lost the official voice of Lightning McQueen back in 2007, for the ones that have read the wikipedia page of Owen Wilson.
        Yeah i remember reading somewhere about that. I think Owen Wilson is a great guy (specially when paired with Vince Vaughn, very funny pair)

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          It was 5 years ago to the day that Paul Newman (Voice of Doc) sadly passed away. Doc is a fantastic character in Cars and he was truly brought to life by Paul Newan who did a fantastic job. Paul did many great films and Cars was just one but I wanted to pay respects to the Doc right here on PCD! God bless.
          Without a shadow of a doubt, the best voice actor in the entire franchise.

From the sarcastic "tell me, was that floating like a Cadillac or stinging like a Beamer? I'm confused..." to the end credits growl of "not all of my tricks, rrrrrrookie!".

Not to mention he got some of the best and most poignant adult lines ("all I see is empty cups").

I'm also reminded of Paul Newman's great quote when he was asked about how his marriage to Joanne Woodward had survived for 40 years or so, unheard of in Hollywood, and why wasn't he ever tempted to have affairs with his female co-stars. His reply? "Why go out for a hamburger when you can have steak at home". Class.

Comment

I remember reading about Joe Randt's death (voice of Red) and it was pretty gruesome. The guy is shown on the DVD documentaries when they were touring the real route 66. Very sad what happened to him.

Comment

I missed this topic when it was first posted... it doesn't seem possible that Paul Newman has been gone 5 years - he seemed so young when the movie "The Sting" came out, but that was 40 years ago (1973)... so many great characters in the first movie, but Doc Hudson was probably my favorite... we see so many boxed sets with Cars we already have... but a Doc Hudson boxed set with the released characters as well as the unreleased Wrecked Fabulous Hudson Hornet would be awesome.

And George Carlin (Fillmore) and Joe Ranft (Red) have also passed since the release of Cars (Joe actually during the making of Cars)... time stands still for no one... even in Radiator Springs.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
              X