Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sod, super chase, its just a con dreamt up by "the man"

Comment

Am I alone in not actually understanding the theory behind superchase - by that I mean that Mattel don't really profit from them - if they make 4000 of one of the circus cars they will sell 4000 At $5 each or whatever they cost in the US - the only people who benefit are the ones who buy them and hike up the prices on ebay etc - surely mattel would only actually make more if they sold more of each car or if they made them more expensive. Im not a marketing strategist so it kinda seems bizarre to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
        Am I alone in not actually understanding the theory behind superchase - by that I mean that Mattel don't really profit from them - if they make 4000 of one of the circus cars they will sell 4000 At $5 each or whatever they cost in the US - the only people who benefit are the ones who buy them and hike up the prices on ebay etc - surely mattel would only actually make more if they sold more of each car or if they made them more expensive. Im not a marketing strategist so it kinda seems bizarre to me.
        Junior - you are not alone... Mattel doesn't make the profit off the Super Chase Cars... it's as you said - it's the people who buy them and sell them at inflated prices... My take is that Mattel thinks they will get more people to buy non Super Chase Cars if they have the Super Chase items... but in reality, there are people who buy only the Super Chase Cars, just like there are people who only buy the Treasure Hunt and Secret Treasure Hunt Hot Wheels.

I've been saying for years - Cars sell in spite of Mattel, not because of Mattel... another example of this is we've had extremely long dry spells with no new Cars - people give up and quit collecting... and then we have periods where there are so many new Cars released all at once that people decide they can't afford to buy everything so they give up and quit collecting.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I actually hope the Circus Cars are an SDCC thing instead of the Super Chase. Then it would be much easier to skip them if I stop collecting before then. Or go a get them later if I decide to.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
          X