Kmart Cars Collector Event #10 - Update: 10/7/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
    I'm not looking to sell on ebay, I'm looking to use them to trade with others that were not able to get them. It is much harder to find people that want to trade for loose cars.
    Yeah, I'm looking to get some carded Cars to trade to the collectors that want them. Personally I'm an opener, so there are only 2 Cars being released on the 19th that I would open. The rest have to match up with what I've already opened so I have some more carded stuff to trade.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
      People seem to assume that opening a car makes it worthless. I sell loose Cars on ebay, and quite often the loose Cars sell for the same price, or even more.
      Not if they're pegwarmers, which is obviously what happened (returns) with that last promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
        This promo stinks. I'm a carded collector and they are saying I have to ruin 5 items just to get 2 free items. I'll just buy them on ebay after prices dive.
        I'm sure someone here will help you out rather than resort to that. At least I hope so as I'll be trying to get Muggsy flown over the Atlantic

Comment

I like the mail-in promo but do not like having to mail in entire cardbacks... I open Cars for display... sometimes to play with, although my grandchildren have outgrown Cars... there's a young boy in our school district who will be receiving 10 to 15 of my extras that I open... but I like to keep a set of Cars carded... and some of you who open prefer to let your child open the Cars - it means more to them than receiving an already opened Car in the mail... and most charities now only accept brand new in package toys.

I am guessing that I'll buy about 100 Cars at the event as I travel to different Kmart stores... I'll have to open 75 of them to get 15 sets of the mail in promo Cars... I had friends ask what I'd do with 75 to 100 opened Cars... I don't know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
            Wow, people must of screwed up the Ivan promo by returning the $20 worth of cars after getting an Ivan, so Mattel must want proof that you're keeping what you bought or something. This sucks because I'm only a card collector, and I really don't want to ruin 5 cars to get 2

Yeah I was wondering about that too and what happened with the Ivan promo to cause this. My recollection is we had to return the original receipt for the Ivan promo so I don't know how people were then later able to return the cars to Kmart.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
              Yeah I was wondering about that too and what happened with the Ivan promo to cause this. My recollection is we had to return the original receipt for the Ivan promo so I don't know how people were then later able to return the cars to Kmart.
              Gift receipt is how I heard people got around that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

I know people that returned them using the Kmart rewards card as it sends a receipt to your email and they let them return them without a receipt.

I had to trade to get my Ivans, so I'm innocent this time, haha

Comment

between mattel releasing all the cars early and kmart putting the kmart cases out early this is going to be the worse kmart day ever
                  i'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off collectors that show up on the 19th to find the kmarts don't have any cars

Comment

What's with everyone saying this KDay is going to be horrible? Have we all forgotten that Kmart has screwed up every single event? In all events I can remember at least 1 person has found the Kmart Cars early, and the employees even botch the events too on the KDays when they don't evenly distribute all the Cars and some greedy eBayer or hoarder takes all 4/8/12 Cases. Huge events like this never go smoothly.

I also can't remember Muggsy Liftsome and RS John Lassetire being available at any event prior to this one.

Comment

I stopped by a KMart yesterday and there were no cars out...I guess that is a good sign they will be there next weekend!

Comment

There's a good 15 or so cars I've been meaning to give to my resident, filthy opener (#1 son). This will just give me an excuse. Hope they don't mind if the cards are taped back together. He's a savage. I have to turn away. The brutality he inflicts on those cards is too much for me to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                          Wow, people must of screwed up the Ivan promo by returning the $20 worth of cars after getting an Ivan, so Mattel must want proof that you're keeping what you bought or something. This sucks because I'm only a card collector, and I really don't want to ruin 5 cars to get 2
                          That is horrible but probably true. Pretty much the same thing as stealing. I figured I could do that because with the Kmart Card I can print out my receipt whenever I want. But I decided that the better thing to do was to donate my extra Cars to Toys For Tots like last year. Good thing I kept a bunch of cardbacks when I opened a bunch of Cars last week, so I can still donate unopened Cars.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                            That is horrible but probably true. Pretty much the same thing as stealing. I figured I could do that because with the Kmart Card I can print out my receipt whenever I want. But I decided that the better thing to do was to donate my extra Cars to Toys For Tots like last year. Good thing I kept a bunch of cardbacks when I opened a bunch of Cars last week, so I can still donate unopened Cars.
                            Well don't the UPC codes/cards still need to match up to the Kmart receipt?

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                              What's with everyone saying this KDay is going to be horrible? Have we all forgotten that Kmart has screwed up every single event? In all events I can remember at least 1 person has found the Kmart Cars early, and the employees even botch the events too on the KDays when they don't evenly distribute all the Cars and some greedy eBayer or hoarder takes all 4/8/12 Cases. Huge events like this never go smoothly.

I also can't remember Muggsy Liftsome and RS John Lassetire being available at any event prior to this one.

I have been to all but 2 of the kdays and there have never been any problems at my kmart
                              I have never found the cars early
                              they always do it with the tickets so every body gets a pick before they let you take whatever you want
                              they have always been smooth for me and I've gotten the cars I needed in the past
                              the evil ebayers buying all the cars has never happened at my store
                              I guess not all kmarts care about doing it right

Comment

I have mixed feelings. Although I'm happy to see fellow collector's getting first dibs on the Kmart cars that are being released early I find it appalling that some are buying up all they can get their hands on to sell or trade. I just read on the T5AD forum that a collector bought all contents of 2 master cases (96 cars). He then warned people in his area not to expect anything at a certain Kmart. Now they are listed for trade or for sale. I don't know. Survival of the fittest, right?! Either way, I'm glad my Kmart hasn't put these cases out yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X