Kmart Cars Collector Event #10 - Update: 10/7/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopherDawg View Post
    Well don't the UPC codes/cards still need to match up to the Kmart receipt?
    Yes, they do. So if I buy anything I've already got a cardback for, I won't need to open the new one. Looks like I'll still need to open the Silver McQueens and Gold Rips, but I planned on that.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I have an idea. For those who have saved their card backs from previous opens- couldn't you possibly find 5 on the shelf that match the cards you have laying around , and use your shopyourway rewards number and use the option at checkout to have your receipt printed and emailed to you? Then print out your emailed receipt to return them to your Kmart, and use the printed receipt to send in with your old card backs?
      Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Originally posted by LMQ702 View Post
        I have mixed feelings. Although I'm happy to see fellow collector's getting first dibs on the Kmart cars that are being released early I find it appalling that some are buying up all they can get their hands on to sell or trade. I just read on the T5AD forum that a collector bought all contents of 2 master cases (96 cars). He then warned people in his area not to expect anything at a certain Kmart. Now they are listed for trade or for sale. I don't know. Survival of the fittest, right?! Either way, I'm glad my Kmart hasn't put these cases out yet.
        that is quite a dilemma
        2 master cases would be 192 cars not 96
        I have several people I need these for but I can't see buying every car just because you can
        if I found them early I would not need that many of them

Comment

Originally posted by LMQ702 View Post
          I have mixed feelings. Although I'm happy to see fellow collector's getting first dibs on the Kmart cars that are being released early I find it appalling that some are buying up all they can get their hands on to sell or trade. I just read on the T5AD forum that a collector bought all contents of 2 master cases (96 cars). He then warned people in his area not to expect anything at a certain Kmart. Now they are listed for trade or for sale. I don't know. Survival of the fittest, right?! Either way, I'm glad my Kmart hasn't put these cases out yet.
          I couldn't justify buying everything from the two cases we found. We made sure to get one each of the Rip, metallic LMQ, and chases for ourselves and got a few more for another member, but left the rest. We aren't in it for the money so it made no sense to clear the shelf. I was actually glad to see two other Kmarts that didn't put them out yet.

We plan on going to the event still so if there's a need for getting more for other members, at least the purchases will qualify for the promo cars.

On that note if anyone does need help with getting cars from the event, PM me. - Roy
          Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
            that is quite a dilemma
            2 master cases would be 192 cars not 96
            I have several people I need these for but I can't see buying every car just because you can
            if I found them early I would not need that many of them

It would appear that a Master Carton this go-round only contains 2 cases (48 Cars total).

Comment

Stopped at 3 Kmart stores this afternoon... while all 3 are on the list of stores participating in the event, none of them had posters, and none of them had employees who knew anything about the event...

I certainly hope that the master carton for the upcoming event has more than 2 cases, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are only 2 per master carton.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                It would appear that a Master Carton this go-round only contains 2 cases (48 Cars total).
                really, that sucks
                my kmart usually only gets 1 master pack
                I hope they get 2 this time

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Stopped at 3 Kmart stores this afternoon... while all 3 are on the list of stores participating in the event, none of them had posters, and none of them had employees who knew anything about the event...

I certainly hope that the master carton for the upcoming event has more than 2 cases, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are only 2 per master carton.
                  my kmart does not have the event posters out either, but I talked to the lady who will be running it
                  and was assured they would not be putting the cars out early
                  I had no idea the master packs would only be 2 cases to ask her about how many they had

Comment

... while all 3 are on the list of stores participating in the event...
                    Where can one find said list?

Comment

Online case order link is live

The link to order cases online is up and live:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...8&AID=10660381

There are coupon codes that should work:

Get an extra 10% off Kmart.com orders of $75 or more with code KMART10PSAVINGS (valid thru 12/31/13)
                      Get an extra $25 off Kmart.com orders of $125 or more with code 25OFF125 (valid thru 12/31/13)

Shop Your Way Rewards members get $15 off orders of $100 or more on online orders TODAY only between 7 am and 4 pm Central time.

The drawback to the online orders it the Cars do not qualify for the Deluxe mail in promo Cars.

UPDATE - the above codes do not work... I received a message for each one that said "We didn't apply this coupon because it doesn't apply to your order or a better coupon has already been applied."

Update 2:
                      This coupon code did work: TOYONSERT10 (Thank you, mikecee)

Take $10 off when you purchase $50 in toys Sold by Kmart. Use code TOYONSERT10.

Other items of note:

You probably do not want to pay for your case order via PayPal... in the past PayPal orders were canceled as they did not process or ship the order within 3 days... pay using a credit card.

On almost every occasion, my Kmart Cars Collector Event order was what I ordered... the one exception was for Kmart 5 - I ordered 6 cases (2 for myself and 4 for others) and received 3 Kmart 5 cases and 3 Kmart 4 cases... I was able to return the 3 Kmart 4 cases.

I have never gotten a Kmart even case order before the event... mine usually ship the Monday after the event.

I have 2 cases in my cart... with discounts that work, $192.09 which is $4.01 per Car... but they don't qualify for the mail in promo... Cars purchased at the store will be $3.99 plus sales tax plus time and driving and gas... but they qualify for the promo Cars... probably not worth saving about 26 cents per Car, especially when I don't want to buy several of the Cars unless I absolutely have to... so I don't think I'm going to finish the online purchase.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by gtommec3 View Post
                        Where can one find said list?
                        Here's the link: (thanks to Metroxing at TakeFiveADay http://www.takefiveaday.com/2013/10/...romotions-faq/ )

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wh...=sharing&pli=1

Comment

Update... it's actually a little cheaper to buy just one case at a time and use the TOYSONSERT10 code for $10 off the $50 purchase... makes the case price $90.69 which makes the price per Car ($3.78)... but these Cars don't apply to the mail in promo... and I'm buying a few that I don't need... but that does give me some that I can keep carded... decisions, decisions.

Update: I did go ahead and order 1 case... did anyone else order a case?

Comment

Thanks, but i think that is just a list of all Kmart stores not necessarily ones that are participating. At any rate it is outdated as some of my local stores that have long since shut down are still listed.

Comment

Unbelievable... I just received an e-mail from Kmart that my Kmart Cars Collector Event case has shipped... I've ordered cases up front for 6 of the first 9 events and never got a shipment notice before the event... I hope this means I'm getting the proper Kmart 10 case and not a Kmart 9 case... if it is a Kmart 9 case it's going back.

Did anyone else order a Kmart 10 case online?

Comment

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but if anyone could get me a gold rip (or has a spare ) I would be most grateful. I don't mind if its opened so you can use the cardback for the promotion.
                                I'm in the uk.
                                Thanks in advance
                                Rob
                                My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X