Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mattel ever re-released a Chase car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mattel ever re-released a Chase car?

I've only been collecting for 18 months but wanted to know if the veterans around here ever saw a Chase car that was re-released by Mattel? I'm trying to figure out if all Chase cars are 'one and done'. Although I'm aware Mattel reserves the right to re-release any car at any time I'm wondering if it's ever been done with these in particular.

As far as I know, only a few Chase Cars have been in multiple cases.

Becky Wheelin and Officer Murakarmi were in 2012 case E and then G

Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, and Alex Vandel were in 2012 cases P (with the 2 Super Chase) and the twin N (basically the same case with no Super Chases)

I'm trying to remember if Chase Radiator Springs Ramone was released in multiple cases.

I don't think we've seen other Chase Cars re-released.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Does Ruka fall into this category?

Comment

Do you mean released in multiple cases the same year or do you mean, for example, released in 2008 and then again in 2011 on a different card?

Comment

I should clarify - I'm not counting the same chase car released in different cases within the same year. So Ruka in cases Q and S this year doesn't qualify - it's still the same release and Mattel just sorted it across 2 cases. What I'm trying to figure out is if Mattel has ever gone back and reproduced a chase car from a previous year. For example, if Sir Harley was released now on 2013 cardback that would be a re-release cause he was a chase card on the 2012 porta corsa line. I'm sure there were chase cars back in 2007 and 2008 as well and I'm not sure if any of those were later produced. The bottom line is that if a chase car is not reproduced by mattel it will have a better long term collectibility because it's one and done for that year.

Comment

As far as I know, no Chase Cars from one year have ever been released in any later year... there is a first time for everything, though.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
              I've only been collecting for 18 months but wanted to know if the veterans around here ever saw a Chase car that was re-released by Mattel? I'm trying to figure out if all Chase cars are 'one and done'. Although I'm aware Mattel reserves the right to re-release any car at any time I'm wondering if it's ever been done with these in particular.

Technically no, but Mattel tried to dupe collectors a few years ago, when they offered us Ferrari F430, Chuki, and Mario Andretti in Chase PACKAGING.

There were also some releases with that were basically Chase ACCESSORIES: The King with Piston Cup, Chick Hicks with Piston Cup, Dinoco McQueen with Piston Cup, Lightning McQueen with Rust-eze Can, and Fillmore with Organic Gas Cans all come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                Technically no, but Mattel tried to dupe collectors a few years ago, when they offered us Ferrari F430, Chuki, and Mario Andretti in Chase PACKAGING.

There were also some releases with that were basically Chase ACCESSORIES: The King with Piston Cup, Chick Hicks with Piston Cup, Dinoco McQueen with Piston Cup, Lightning McQueen with Rust-eze Can, and Fillmore with Organic Gas Cans all come to mind.
                Good call on the Chase packaging, John in Missouri... I think the accessories for a few of them were to increase sales since the Car was lenticular.

Comment

Wasn't sure about this one, but would the accessories count the Impound Series?
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Impound Lightning McQueen was available in two Cases- one with and one without confetti. I think that's going to be the closest answer to your question besides 'No' PopeMobile.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      As far as I know, only a few Chase Cars have been in multiple cases.

Becky Wheelin and Officer Murakarmi were in 2012 case E and then G

Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, and Alex Vandel were in 2012 cases P (with the 2 Super Chase) and the twin N (basically the same case with no Super Chases)

I'm trying to remember if Chase Radiator Springs Ramone was released in multiple cases.

I don't think we've seen other Chase Cars re-released.
                      Radiator Springs Ramone was available in both Cases C and D 2012. Him being rereleased made Case C a waste of a Case, but honestly every single 2011 Case was a waste because of how frequently they have been rereleased.

Comment

There have been a couple of Cars released on other cardbacks that were later released as Chase packaging only:

Ferrari F430 was first released on Supercharged cardback and then on World of Cars cardback before being released as a Chase packaging only Car.

Chuki was first released as a World of Cars single before being released as a Chase packaging only Car.

Chuki was later released as a lenticular single on Night Skyline cardback... Ferrari F430 was release as a lenticular Car as part of a 3 pack with Costanzo and Antonio, also on Night Skyline cardback.

Thanks to Clearysdad19 for the reminder about Chuki.

Comment

Working...
                        X