• Show
Clear All

• Question About the SOTS Set

I see in pictures that the SOTS set looks like this:

(by bdd.worldofcarsforum.fr)

But in Cac's pics, It's like this:

(image by Cac)

Overall it really makes no sense to me.

In the first pic it shows the set in a box, But in Cac's pic it shows it in baggies. Does cac put them in bags?

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

The set comes in the baggies but comes with a display box.

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I've not assembled my Speedway of the South set yet... I've taken the Cars out of the baggies in order to take photos.

There are 6 articles on the Speedway of the South set in the Articles section.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Which cars are exclusive to this set? I'm trying to piece one together but would like to know which ones that I will NEVER own, lol.
          Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

The Apple i car is very exclusive...I know that for sure...
            I bought all the others from this set seperate...

Comment

Originally posted by All4Mase View Post
              Which cars are exclusive to this set? I'm trying to piece one together but would like to know which ones that I will NEVER own, lol.
              A genuine Apple iCar is exclusive to the SOTS set... And as of this date (November 1, 2013) Tach O Mint with plastic tires is also exclusive to the SOTS set.

Tach O Mint was listed as coming as a Pit Row Race-off launcher and we saw pictures of a prototype, but it has yet to be released... Tach O Mint with rubber tires was one of the Kmart 5 event Cars... a backdoor version of Tach O Mint with plastic tires was released during 2012, but it had green bars on the back window and black wheels - those were parts from Vitoline.

If you want an Apple iCar you'll need to get a custom... there have been some backdoor versions but even those have gotten very pricey... my first team Apple customs came from someone who appears to no longer be making customs... my most recent came from Custom ToyRevolution.

You can read more about the various Apple iCar items at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-Apple-iCar-84

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Tachomint was never released as a plastic tyre one, only synthetic tyres IMSC

iCar was never released indivudually so the expensive ones to buy are highly likely customs.

They are the 2 hardest to track down

Comment

I just checked my Tach o mint.
                  It has indeed green bars on the back window and plastic tires.
                  I won it on the british ebay auction once...
                  Thanks for the info Chris!

Comment

And Dale Earnhardt Jr. ? As far as i know he is also a unique SOTS car (with the combination of this special facial expression and plastic tires). He was released again with the syntetic rubber tires and with a different facial expression with plastic tires but the above mentioned combination at the SOTS is unique to my knowledge (the little that i know)

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
                      And Dale Earnhardt Jr. ? As far as i know he is also a unique SOTS car (with the combination of this special facial expression and plastic tires). He was released again with the syntetic rubber tires and with a different facial expression with plastic tires but the above mentioned combination at the SOTS is unique to my knowledge (the little that i know)
                      I have two plastic tire Dale Jr. cars. One is on the ROR card and the other is on the WOC card. I'm a rookie and have never thought to look at my multiples to see if they have different facial expressions. Now I'll have to look.

Comment

Originally posted by wesbrina View Post
                        I just checked my Tach o mint.
                        It has indeed green bars on the back window and plastic tires.
                        I won it on the british ebay auction once...
                        I hope you didn't pay a lot for that.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
                          You are correct, Markus... Dale Jr from the Speedway of the South set has the "aggro" mouth expression and plastic tires... Dale Jr from the Kmart rubber tire racer series has the "aggro" mouth expression and rubber tires... Dale Jr from the Supercharged, World of Cars, and Race O Rama series has the "happy" mouth expression.

I'll do a quick article one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                          X