Cheap cars storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap cars storage

Where can I get some plastic cases to put cars in? Going to be opening my entire 2013 cars collection (only missing 5 cars) on Christmas day with my kids as a present to them. Need something to store the cars in so they don't just get tossed into a bucket. Was hoping to not spend more than $5 per plastic case if possible...

There are collector's cases at Hobby Lobby, $5 for a case of 6 i believe...I'm not sure; chris probably knows though.
    -Steve
    AKA Tmremote

Comment

I'd keep all the card backs somewhere for future promotions. Been the card back promotion with Kmart and a German upc code promo this year.

The Hobby Lobby cases will fit MOST of the cars. oversize like Mater, longer cars, or with oversized extras won't fit. You could get a bigger, longer
      case and put multiple cars in there to create a diorama too.

M2 makes some cases as well and they are sold online somewhat reasonably.

Comment

TopherDawg is right about which Cars fit or don't fit in the Hobby Lobby cases... The price ranges from $7.99 to $9.99 for a box with 6 of them.

I'd like to find some M2 cases some time.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          TopherDawg is right about which Cars fit or don't fit in the Hobby Lobby cases... The price ranges from $7.99 to $9.99 for a box with 6 of them.

I'd like to find some M2 cases some time.
          This is great...was wondering how to display mine. Do you guys put yours on shelves, then? I have a feeling I'm going to have about one million of these before I'm through. I saw a few photos of collections that featured what appeared to be a town in the photo (some kind of actual town display!). I wonder where someone gets a thing like that....

Comment

I would check Amazon. They are supplied by so many vendors you may be able to find some cases that would hold the larger cars!

Edit: You might consider something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Vehicles-Wheel...s+display+case

If your handy, I think you could build it for realitivly cheap if you weren't interested in buying it!

Comment

Forgot I posted this! I will look at the hobby lobby cases. Was hoping for something that would store them but still make them accessible to play with. Will be opening the entire 2013 (minus 7 cars) and about 6 from the 2014 series. I think the ones with extras won't be opened but I haven't decided on that yet. My wife doesn't think it's a good idea. She just found out the other day just how many I really had hidden in the basement (where she never goes).

I do have a bunch of Oak trim I might rip down at my dads and build a storage shelf for the Deluxe cars I own...
              Last edited by abuthemagician; 12-18-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

This looked interesting (if you just need storage and not a display):
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-3-La...-/190691666200

Not sure of the compartment sizes though.

Comment

What i really want is a clear injection molded case to perfectly hold the entire 2013 collection, super chases included. Maybe with each car's name laser into the case front.

Comment

Not much to ask for $5.

Comment

Working...
                    X