Is the Cars Market Declining by You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
    I too plan to stop, if they plan to re-release them later on its no use to give them my money now. Like with Ivan coming out this year, I suspect RS Lassetire and Muggsy might re-appear later on.
    I couldn't believe it when I saw Ivan was coming in the 2014 line, along with the Kmart 9 *Only* Alexander Hugo with Party hat. If I see RS Lassetire & Muggsy Liftsome re-released I won't know what to think..

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
      I couldn't believe it when I saw Ivan was coming in the 2014 line, along with the Kmart 9 *Only* Alexander Hugo with Party hat. If I see RS Lassetire & Muggsy Liftsome re-released I won't know what to think..
      when it comes to money and Mattel.. I won't be surprised really.
      "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure Muggsy Liftsome is scheduled for 2014.

edit: I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere, but after checking around a bit, I can't seem to find what I thought I read....so, maybe not!
        Last edited by Ferris; 01-01-2014, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I have to admit that this past month or two has been the first time ever that I've started losing interest in the line; and what's ironic is that it's now and not when it was extremely bleak back in the end of 2011. 2013 has honestly wiped the energy out of me, and while I will continue collecting into 2014 (Happy New Year, by the way!), it will definitely not be as much as I did this year. Once I get Yukio I will have completed the 2013 Poster and will be done with all I wanted to collect.

Mattel is being stupid about 2014 and is apparently releasing everything that's New at the end of the year and not spread throughout the whole year. The whole first Case of Movie Moments entirely consisted of repeat releases of Cars in different configurations, and there have only been three (four, counting Trike Feldman) New releases spread across the first two Cases of Singles. There is so much to look forward to, but for right now, it seems like we can all relax during the calm before the storm. And TakeFiveADay isn't helping us out in the slightest, since there hasn't been a single sneak peek into what's coming after 2014 Case U and MM 2014 Case F, besides all those recent leaks from China sellers.

Comment

yeah I thought it was pretty crazy seeing cars already out that wern't scheduled til next year.. well this year now :P

Comment

Also to include, It's getting to the point where they can't even make up names. When I went on the Hybrid 2013 site (late 2012) they had planned to name Victor "Yellow Jag in Stands", And Maurice "Red Guy in Stands". Now they're making up stupid names like "Cartney Casper". Soon there will be names like "Guy in background" and "Guy in stands". Maybe think about FINISHING YOUR UNTIED KNOTS AND FINISHING HAULERS AND CHIEFS rather than making stupid series like "Exclusive 2014 series- Includes re-painted halfast vehicles with red wheels!" which people charge $9,999,999,999,999 for on ebay.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

having come to the party late at the end of 2011 i then spent 2012 getting more or less anything i could lay my hands on - ending up with 300+ loose cars - this was helped by the boy being keen on any new cars

his interest began to diminish late in the year (to the point now where if i venture into the cars aisle he annouces to the shole shop how boring they are) so when the 2013 cars came out i decided to collect them on cards which appealed much more to the slightly anal collecter in me

however, once it became clear that the UK was not going to see doubles or deluxes i began to get increasingly disillusioned with the whole scene - i kept going, finished the international singles and then completed the set with US carded doubles and deluxes via ebay but this wasn't anything like finding new cars in a shop

therefore as i said in another thread i have no intention of getting sucked in to the same disappointment with the 2014 - this isn't helped by a pretty poor initial selection of cars, no poster to show the whole range for the year and the fact there is no indication that the UK will be in any different position regarding doubles and deluxes

i guess the fact that mattel are still releasing a 'new' range each year does show the enduring appeal of the cars franchise but it will be interesting if this can continue unless/until a new film is released

Comment

Originally posted by iopl3887 View Post
                  Also to include, It's getting to the point where they can't even make up names. When I went on the Hybrid 2013 site (late 2012) they had planned to name Victor "Yellow Jag in Stands", And Maurice "Red Guy in Stands". Now they're making up stupid names like "Cartney Casper". Soon there will be names like "Guy in background" and "Guy in stands". Maybe think about FINISHING YOUR UNTIED KNOTS AND FINISHING HAULERS AND CHIEFS rather than making stupid series like "Exclusive 2014 series- Includes re-painted halfast vehicles with red wheels!" which people charge $9,999,999,999,999 for on ebay.
                  SO MUCH TRUTH AND AGREEMENT HERE. I want the haulers, RVS, and pitties and crew chiefs finished.

Comment

I guess the big red flag to me was case N (Hiroaki and Takeshi) and case R (Yukio) in 2013. Both cases should have exploded with demand by having superchase cars in them but in reality demand has been very weak for both even at heavily discounted prices. I love the superchase cars, love their limited production runs, their rarity but disappointed to see overall interest in them waning. My collecting is currently limited to buying only error cars and superchase cars at present now. I have stopped buying Target 7-packs, and also stopped buying new castings even if they are just plain Chase cars.

Comment

WE WANT THESE

NOT THESE

Mattel, Honestly, We really don't want background characters. GIVE US OUR RVS AND FINISH OUR HAULERS AND TEAM SETS.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I think as far as the UK are concerned there is a massive decline. Stores have over stocked on poor cases and therefore struggled to shift stock.. as a result I think they are more cautious of re ordering. Alot of stores in our area have stopped stocking Cars so it's not a great start to 2014 as far as we are concerned

Comment

The demand for Cars Singles is still going very well at where i am from. New case pop in today and they are gone tomorrow.
                          Maybe is due to the fact that throughout the year we only had 3-4 case for the 2013 singles?
                          One thing i realised is a character with variation doesn't sell well.
                          For example, holley with screen, Luigi and Guido w shacker... They seem to be the peg warmers

My interest on Cars collecting had definitely dwindled to bottom. I am fed up with the lack of new stuff from my stores. I had to import 95% of my collection from overseas and i find that is ridiculous. For 2014, i am only going to collect the new characters and ignoring 90% of the re-release. The 2012 fiasco and how things had shaped up for 2013 had also taught me to be patience. I no longer trigger happy with new release. I will wait till the price plummet to bottom and then scoop them in.

The next superchase that should be coming soon might be the McQueen Fans - Luigi and Guido...
                          It might be a must have for the collectors but how about the casual collectors?

I heard there is a Cars 3 movie coming? Maybe that will reignite the line?

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                            I guess the big red flag to me was case N (Hiroaki and Takeshi) and case R (Yukio) in 2013. Both cases should have exploded with demand by having superchase cars in them but in reality demand has been very weak for both even at heavily discounted prices. I love the superchase cars, love their limited production runs, their rarity but disappointed to see overall interest in them waning. My collecting is currently limited to buying only error cars and superchase cars at present now. I have stopped buying Target 7-packs, and also stopped buying new castings even if they are just plain Chase cars.
                            I would say that maybe there has been a decline in case demand, but not individual cars. Since the 2012 SC were only available by buying the case (until Flash and Long GE started showing up at some Big Lots), this led to a much higher demand than the 2013 SC which were found at retail. From what I've seen on eBay, Trike Feldman is going for much more than the 2013 SC ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by iopl3887 View Post
                              WE WANT THESE

NOT THESE

Mattel, Honestly, We really don't want background characters. GIVE US OUR RVS AND FINISH OUR HAULERS AND TEAM SETS.
                              haha I never knew where Becky appeared in the movie, but yeah I want the haulers and teams finished, but I'd love it if every single car that was in the movie even 1 second was made :P but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                                The demand for Cars Singles is still going very well at where i am from. New case pop in today and they are gone tomorrow.
                                Maybe is due to the fact that throughout the year we only had 3-4 case for the 2013 singles?
                                One thing i realised is a character with variation doesn't sell well.
                                For example, holley with screen, Luigi and Guido w shacker... They seem to be the peg warmers

My interest on Cars collecting had definitely dwindled to bottom. I am fed up with the lack of new stuff from my stores. I had to import 95% of my collection from overseas and i find that is ridiculous. For 2014, i am only going to collect the new characters and ignoring 90% of the re-release. The 2012 fiasco and how things had shaped up for 2013 had also taught me to be patience. I no longer trigger happy with new release. I will wait till the price plummet to bottom and then scoop them in.

The next superchase that should be coming soon might be the McQueen Fans - Luigi and Guido...
                                It might be a must have for the collectors but how about the casual collectors?

I heard there is a Cars 3 movie coming? Maybe that will reignite the line?
                                yeah with a variation, some collectors don't want like every single color of Ramone for example, like myself I just have purple Ramone, thats fine with me, certain ones like wrecked King I did get cause he's unique but anyways, really? a new cars movie?? that'd be awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X