vinyl toupee hauler value ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl toupee hauler value ??

I hope this thread is allowed, Sorry if it's not (It's not a for sale thread)

I have been sorting through more boxes in the loft/attic and found a Vinyl Toupee hauler that's still boxed.

I loved the Vinyl Toupee hauler, so along with the one that we played with i decided to get a spare to keep boxed (was for me really )

If i did decide to sell it at some point what would you guys say is a fair price for both me and a buyer ?

I thought you guys are the best people to ask regarding this

(Sorry again if this isn't allowed )

Looking at eBay Buy-It-Now prices, it looks like that between $40 and $60 is the price range on the low end.

I found Vinyl Toupee haulers back in 2010 at Kohl's stores... I never saw it at any other store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I bought 3 master cases of haulers last year so I had about 100 haulers - 12 of them were Vinyl Toupee. By far he is the most valuable hauler out there as not many were produced. I have sold all of mine on ebay for $75 with free shipping - my last one sold in November. Now here's the bad news - China has ramped up their production of fake haulers significantly in the past few months - they realized that with no haulers being produced for several years they could capitalize on this. Many people buy the fakes thinking it's the real thing and just cheaper. Others don't care and want something close enough at the least amount of money. So I think $75 may be hard to get now - you need to compare it against other authentics available for sale out there.

Comment

Like these??? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...item2a36b60ffb

LOLOLOL

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I believe I found one at Wal-mart once. Towards the end of the haulers line in 2010, they had quite a few haulers there and marked down to $10 each. I almost got it, but I passed. One of those "Why didn't I get that" things.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

I've collected many beat up haulers over the last 2 years. someday i'll refinish them for the matching race car, perhaps VT as well.
            ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

That looks like one of the fakes, iopl3887.

Comment

Check ebay completed listings...

Comment

I don't always like to go by Ebay prices as most of them (especially in the UK) are just buying/selling for profit and often ask ridiculous prices, Not always a true indication of what an item is worth to a collector (like guys on here)
                  Also trouble with Ebay is as said above with the amount of fakes around i think people who are just buying for kids are more tempted to go with the cheapest option regardless of packaging

Those fake haulers appearing on Ebay are a joke!! Are they complete fakes or just repainted Macks? I looked at an RPM 64 one not long ago.. was not tempted in the slightest!

Comment

The "fake" haulers on eBay are not even repaints of Macks...they were molded using Mack as a model but they appear to have been completely reproduced in a different factory. And hate them or love them they gave people an option that Mattel has failed to do over the past couple years. Maybe Mattel is realizing there is a market for haulers still because of these haulers made in china.

Anyways...on to your question. The completed ebay auctions like max stated is the best way to gauge where the value is at. It shows what people actually paid for an item and you can get a decent idea of what thing are roughly worth. If I sell an item I usually base it off of the lower end of what things sold for on ebay. It appears to me most are selling for around $30 to $40, so what would a good price be to sell?? Somewhere around $30 would seem fair to me, give or take a couple dollars.

Oh and if the whole thing becomes too much of a hassle I'll be glad to take it off of your hands

Comment

I'm trying to remember but I think I bought mine in the 40 range. Back when I thought I was going to make a push to collect all haulers anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X