Got Ivan? He's back as a Deluxe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Ivan? He's back as a Deluxe

I received a text from Raginpage earlier this week.... he found Deluxe Ivan... and I can confirm - picked this up at the Bedford (Indiana) Walmart yesterday:

Here's the back of the card:

Previously Ivan was only available as a Kmart mail-in rebate during the early Summer of 2013.

I got this because the price on the pegs showed $5.97... looking at my receipt, it scanned as $7.97.

The good news is that if you didn't get Ivan during the summer of 2013 you can get it now... or if you need one to open for your kids to play with, it's affordable... The bad news is those of you who collect as an investment now have a Kmart Deluxe Ivan that's not worth as much money as it was before.

I also saw Chuck Choke Cables on the pegs... and I didn't really pay attention to what else was on the pegs as there appeared to have been multiple cases - I saw Emmanuel, Waiter Mater, Mack, and Red.

Will you buy the 2014 Ivan when you see it in on the pegs? Let us know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Geez, thanks for wasting half of my Summer sending in receipts Mattel!

And I continuously fight with Walmart about their little $5.97 / $7.97 scam.

Comment

Traded heavy at the time to get this,now Ivan will be available in wide release
      I guess you win some and some to lose
      I will pass on Ivan this time

Comment

it does make their exclusive mail-ins pointless when they release them in mass later
        but as kmart is out on any kind of cars promotion now
        we won't have to worry about mail ins unless another chain gets sucked into mattels mail in scams

Comment

I hope it is different than the first release.
          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Well at least I won't have to spend now $8 on a Deluxe I already have since I basically got him for free last year. It is kind of stupid that he's getting a rerelease though.

I wonder what happened to Jungle Miles Axelrod.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
              It is kind of stupid that he's getting a rerelease though.
              This is probably going to happen with RS John Lassetire and Muggsy Liftsome.
              Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I'm not going to buy him. I already have him so I'm happy!

Comment

that's not cool. Not only did a bunch of the members here spend alot of their own personal time getting one for themselves and who knows how many more for friends. Also hits really hard for those outside of the US...paying for shipping outside of the country is not cheap. Shipping alone for a John Lassetire and Ivan was probably between $15-$20

Transformers for Trade
                  Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

We knew this for a while, but it still stings. Having said that, how many Target exclusives in multipacks are now being released as singles? I guess this has to be the quickest from exclusive to everywhere though.

Comment

I'd say patience would be a key thing to have for us all in the future.. and with most of us knowing Mattel's ways well just might as well wait and see what happens. I have Ivan so I don't need to worry about hunting for him. Definitely will pick him up for trading if I run across him though.
                      "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Saw him & left him at my closest Walmart a couple of days ago.

Comment

he's the same size as mater, so wondering why they are charging more for him anyway...
                          ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

They charge more for Ivan Mater too. Not sure what goes into that.

Comment

My guess on the price difference... retailers get stuck with non-selling product due to case assortments... new cases are released and retailers don't place orders... after a while Mattel contacts the retailers and offers them a break on the price to get them to buy... by waiting they may get a Deluxe case for $36 ($6 per Car) instead of $48 ($8 per Car) which allows the retailer to sell certain items at a lower price.

The numbers I used are just approximations to allow easy math calculations.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X