Reporting Live from Radiator Springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Live from Radiator Springs

Many thanks to LMQ702 for reporting this on our Facebook page... Reporting Live from Radiator Springs - a new Toys R US exclusive 9 Car gift pack.

Looks like a great set for those of you who started collecting after these were originally released

From Radiator Springs, Radiator Springs McQueen, Sally, and Mack...

Helicopters Kathy Copter and Ron Hover haven't been out for awhile... they were released as mainline singles and also as a Movie Moments set.

Reporters and camera people Dash Boardman (green), Andrea (burgundy color), Matty (blue color), and Kori Turbowitz... Dash was part of the Target Speedway 9 pack... Matty was a Final Lap single... Andrea was a Race O Rama single... Kori has been released as part of the Walmart 8 Supercharged singles series and later as part of a Movie Moments...

The box looks nice... but I don't need another box with all new Cars in my collection... I've opened them all but haven't found the helicopters since we've moved.

$44.99 is the TRU retail price... it is listed on the TRU website as being available to ship to home... with a limit of one per customer.

While this product information appears on the webpage:

“R”Web#: 807143

SKU: BA7AABBC

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 746775221829

Manufacturer #: Y5128

I'm not sure it's all accurate, as the product description says:

Kids can recreate their favorite scenes from Disney Pixar Cars with this 10-car gift pack! These die-cast cars are taken right out of the famous 'three-Way Tie? scene in which Lightning McQueen, The King and Chick Hicks cross the finish line all at the same time! Kids will love playing out this race over and over again! Exclusively at Toys ?R Us.

Maybe one of these days we can get a boxed set with some new Cars... I'd love to see one containing "wrecked" Piston Cup racers.

Let us know when you find it in a store... and which state.

Thanks for the heads up, LMQ702!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Last time I ordered a TRU boxed set from their website, I thought I was ordering a Supercharged Radiator Springs Gift Pack featuring Lizzie, Doc, Sheriff, Mater, and Sally... I received the Radiator Springs Chase with Sheriff and the 4 Tunerz... When I did order the Sarge's Boot Camp boxed set I did receive the Sarge's Boot Camp set.

The worst TRU substitution was ordering 4 Shiny Wax haulers and receiving 4 Sidewall Shine haulers.

If I needed this I would wait to find it in a store... shipping just one is going to make it too expensive.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!

I've just had an excitement attack!

I like to support the local (UK) companies where possible so I hope that TRU (UK) get this in. They still have loads of the 10-Car packs in from before Christmas at £49.99. I guess that's about 80 USD at the current exchange rates?

Excepting the damaged or ones where cars have been stolen, there are still loads in all the stores I have visited in recent months. I don't suppose TRU (UK) will stock the 9-Car pack until pre-Christmas, but to me, it'll be well worth the wait!

P.S. The barcode is the same as the 10-Car Three Way Tie. The Asst is also the same as the Three Way Tie, but as it's a box set in the same type that's probably to be expected.

If anyone tries to order it with the barcode, they may get a Three Way Tie instead!?
      Last edited by niftynigel; 06-28-2014, 01:25 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

I want this one badly. I missed out on Andrea. She never came to my area. Thanks for sharing, Chris.
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Wow, good for you Mattel; you actually created a decent looking box set! If it weren't so expensive I would definitely get this one if I was ever at TRU. I need non Lenticular versions of Kathy Copter and Matti.

Comment

This is definitely one of those sets that displays nicely as is...I will grab one if I can catch a good sale price!!

Comment

I don't need any of these cars, looks pretty nice though.
              -Steve
              AKA Tmremote

Comment

This is actually pretty neat. Shame they're about 8 years behind though.

Comment

This is a great set for new collectors!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Actually i would love to have them but they are just too expensive at where i am from...
                    Recently, they had pushed out the three way tie gift pack and it cost about 90 USD and i really don't know how to convince myself to pay 90 USD for it..

The recent price adjustment had killed most of my interest into the line. Our new price for the singles cost 12 USD/car and deluxe is 18 USD/car

Comment

Working...
                    X