Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tach-O-Mint with plastic tires is coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CapitalregionNYcarsfan View Post
    The launchers have the older style eyes at least Vitoline and Leakless do. Those are the two my son has.
    Yup, everything (singles, MM, launchers, multipacks, even MSOTS) has the older "sculpted" eyes up until the Piston Cup racers produced in the 2014 line. And even some of those have the old style eyes. Seems to be random which style eyes you have. I think Radiator Springs Classic cars still have the old style eyes, but I can't speak for the newer ones. It's worth checking on any Piston Cup racer you find in-store these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
      Yup, everything (singles, MM, launchers, multipacks, even MSOTS) has the older "sculpted" eyes up until the Piston Cup racers produced in the 2014 line. And even some of those have the old style eyes. Seems to be random which style eyes you have. I think Radiator Springs Classic cars still have the old style eyes, but I can't speak for the newer ones. It's worth checking on any Piston Cup racer you find in-store these days.
      Yes it's hit or miss. I think the older 2014 have molded eyebrows and newer ones do not. Off all of the 2014 piston cup racers that I own, LMQ and Shiny Wax do not have molded eyebrows, but today I saw n2o cola and side wall shine at kmart that also do not have molded eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by RRichie09 View Post
        Yes it's hit or miss. I think the older 2014 have molded eyebrows and newer ones do not. Off all of the 2014 piston cup racers that I own, LMQ and Shiny Wax do not have molded eyebrows, but today I saw n2o cola and side wall shine at kmart that also do not have molded eyebrows.
        If you could let me know what 2014 Cars you have with the molded eyebrows, that would be a big help to our running list

Comment

I started to look at mine but its a bit tough to tell through the bubbles. I can see for comparison that 2013 Chick, and RSC Octane Gain do have molded. Nothing from 2014 that I initially checked appeared to have molded eyebrows. I might check through more of them later.

Comment

If you could let me know what 2014 Cars you have with the molded eyebrows, that would be a big help to our running list
            I just found a Fiber Fuel at Target that appears to have molded eyes.
            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
              I just found a Fiber Fuel at Target that appears to have molded eyes.
              Thanks Kenny, I appreciate you letting me know.

Man, I really, really hope they make TOM with molded eyes next year.

Comment

All of the 2014 piston cup racers except lmq and shiny wax.

I can list them when I'm at my computer. BTW my piston cup racers are from the 11-pack mack box set.

Comment

Interesting. Most of mine are singles and have flat eyes.

Comment

All of the 2014 piston cup racers except lmq and shiny wax.

I can list them when I'm at my computer. BTW my piston cup racers are from the 11-pack mack box set.
                    Thanks, I appreciate that. Most of the singles do have flat eyes, like you said raginpage. I guess the multipack cars are more likely to have the molded eyes or sometihng.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate that. Most of the singles do have flat eyes, like you said raginpage. I guess the multipack cars are more likely to have the molded eyes or sometihng.
                      It wasn't a multi-pack in the truest sense. It's 11 carded singles in a pretty box.

I'm thinking since they switched from molded eyes to non-molded eyes, what we're seeing is that older 2014 cars have the molded eyes and the newer 2014 do not have molded eyes.

I wonder what genius came up with this cost saving idea. Hopefully this doesn't spread through the entire Cars line, but to be honest, if someone on the forum hadn't pointed it out to me, I never would have noticed.

Comment

It wasn't a multi-pack in the truest sense. It's 11 carded singles in a pretty box.

I'm thinking since they switched from molded eyes to non-molded eyes, what we're seeing is that older 2014 cars have the molded eyes and the newer 2014 do not have molded eyes.

I wonder what genius came up with this cost saving idea. Hopefully this doesn't spread through the entire Cars line, but to be honest, if someone on the forum hadn't pointed it out to me, I never would have noticed.
                        Never knew that about the multipack being a bunch of singles. And I agree 100% with the other three statements.

Comment

Working...
                        X