RS Team Lightning McQueen - Target (US) exclusive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS Team Lightning McQueen - Target (US) exclusive

Posted on the PCD Facebook page a few days ago... US Target stores have an exclusive RS Team Lightning McQueen in a Special Edition Display case... the DPCI number is 087-07-1124

I went to Dayton last night after work... looked in the Cars section... no sign of the exclusive... went to a scanner and entered the code - it showed they were in the stockroom... $14.00 each (plus tax)... I paged a team member to the scanner... after telling me the scanner results didn't mean anything (news to me) she went to get the device they use to check... it confirmed there was product in the back.

She brought out a box and opened it:

I took 2 and then she put them on the shelf - she had to make room:

I went back a few minutes later and there were only 4 left - and she'd made a sign showing the price:

Here are a few pictures:

Here's the UPC:

Production code on the box is 2374EAA (again, the DPCI is 087071124)

The display case is similar to the New York Toy Fair case - McQueen sits on posts:

The paint finish appears to be metallic and the body design is unibody:

At $14 plus tax it isn't cheap... factor in that my closest Target is over 50 miles away and that's a little bit of a drive... but it's a new Car in a store.

For those of you outside the US, I'm sure we have PCD members who will be willing to help you out.

I may open one in the future.

What's your opinion of the RS Team Lightning McQueen? Let us know.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Metallic is neato. But at some point I have to ask myself the question, when do I have enough LMQ ransburg or metallic variants? The display case and display are neat, I'll grant that. But at $14, even though I want, I'm not sure I'm going to get this. I'm not sure I'm not either.

Comment

How is this McQueen any different than the German Promo or the one inside the DK Encyclopedia? I have both and no plans to open either one. So I'm really just paying $14 for a display case for a Car I already have?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

That is what I was thinking as well. I have both is those too. I'm undecided.

Comment

DK McQueen is a Cars (1) (HHPC) McQueen casting with a different decal scheme.
          TRU exclusive metallic McQueen is segmented & also has a different decal scheme.

While not terribly imaginative. I think this is miles better than Neon Cars Or Ice
          Racers. Or Color Changers, Pull-Backs, Micro Drifters, Minis, Squinkies...

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a Ransburg finish.
          Also they were BOGO 40% off, so that helped.

Edit: Was thinking why I'm easily drawn to shiny Cars.
          I think it was this set that got things rolling in 1979:
          http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...nes_6-Pack.jpg
          Even says "shiny" on the box!
          Last edited by GotFrank; 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I don't see any visual difference except metallic paint and a price tag that I don't like.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by iopl3887 View Post
              I don't see any visual difference except metallic paint and a price tag that I don't like.
              DK McQueen is a Cars (1) (HHPC) McQueen casting with a different decal scheme.
              TRU exclusive metallic McQueen is segmented & also has a different decal scheme.

ie: different.

Comment

While this could be an article, based on the amount of time I have it's going to be a series of pictures... here are the 4 Metallic Lightning McQueens that have been released either at retail or as promo Cars.

Here's the Toys R US Lightning McQueen with Metallic finish:

Definitely the Cars 2 McQueen with the World Grand Prix spoiler... it would look so much better in my opinion if it were a unibody... the 2 piece segmented look is not nearly as nice, in my opinion.

Here is the McQueen from the DK Cars Character Encyclopedia; Rusteze logo and the yellow around the rims... it's a great looking unibody mold:

Here is the German mail-in promo McQueen with Bumper Stickers; he's also a unibody:

Here's the most recent release: RS Team Lightning McQueen... the spoiler is different... the flames on the sides are different... it's another great looking unibody design:

Thanks to PCD Facebook page member Jonathan Quinto for pointing out that this McQueen is decorated as in the Spinning and Time Travel Mater shorts... Here's a screen capture from Spinning:

I'm glad I bought 1 - I'll probably pick up another to open.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

nice comparaison chris! It's a must have. metallic version are so cool!
                  My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

TRU exclusive (segmented eyes & mouth): top. Target exclusive RS Team Lightning McQueen: bottom.

Target: left. TRU: right.

DK McQueen: left. German mail-away promo McQ with Stickers: right.

Comment

I know that carslover had ordered the RS Team Lightning McQueen online from Target.com and received a different package from what we found in stores... Micky was going to order online - what did you receive, Micky?

A friend ordered 10 online from Target.com (limit of 5 per transaction)... the packages came today:

The same item that we're finding in stores... with the addition of a sticker on the bottom of the package.

Now I don't think I'm going to order any of these online.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        I know that carslover had ordered the RS Team Lightning McQueen online from Target.com and received a different package from what we found in stores... Micky was going to order online - what did you receive, Micky?

A friend ordered 10 online from Target.com (limit of 5 per transaction)... the packages came today:

The same item that we're finding in stores... with the addition of a sticker on the bottom of the package.

Now I don't think I'm going to order any of these online.
                        where were those packages shipped from?

mine came from East Alton, IL

Comment

These came from Indianapolis... I'm surprised the Illinois distribution center serves Texas, carslover... actually, East Alton is across the river from St. Louis... that's closer than I thought.

Comment

where yours came from must not of had the red boxes

i'll be interested to see what micky gets

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                              where yours came from must not of had the red boxes

i'll be interested to see what micky gets
                              Hasn't arrived yet. I'll post as soon as it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X