2015 Poster Has Been Revealed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Poster Has Been Revealed!

Thanks to MET over at Takefiveaday.com for posting this up today!!

CLICK HERE for the highest resolution picture
    (Thanks Toyfountain!)

Full story...
    http://www.takefiveaday.com/2015/03/...ecasts-coming/

Thanks to Cac1959 for the following in depth look at the poster below!!:

Let's look at the 2015 Cars poster in more detail... here's the poster:

8 Cars in the Tuners series... I never thought that the Tuners series would be one that I found the most boring... no new Cars... no exciting variants.

7 Cars in the Ye Left Turn Inn - very exciting to me as Chauncey Fares is a previous release and the other 6 are new:

1 new Car out of 15 in the WGP series... Rip Clutchgoneski has a crew chief, Brian Gearlooski:

Where are you, Otto Bonn (Max Schnell crew chief)? Maybe in a Target boxed set?

The Tokyo Party series has 10 Cars... several new including Terry Gong and Mike Fuse... Mater with Allinol cans and 2 pittys will probably be a Movie Moment like the 2012 release of Miles with cleaning pittys.

Here's the first part of the 19 Car Radiator Springs series... Road Repair Lightning McQueen looks cool.

Here's the second part of the 19 Car Radiator Springs series... Lost in the Desert Mini and Lost in the Desert Van are great... and it's great to see Frank and Tractor - but I wish Tractor were not a Deluxe.

There are 9 Cars in the Race Fans series... Benny Brakedrum will probably be a Deluxe... and Christina Wheeland is nice... we haven't seen red Mia and Tia for awhile.

I'm not really excited about the Dinoco series... In fact I've left Gray Semi and Tex Dinoco on the pegs... I am looking forward to the single release of Mrs The King:

It's interesting that The King is called "The King" on his single name tag and not Strip Weathers as he was called in a late 2014 release.

I am really excited about some of the 18 Cars in the Piston Cup series... A pink Kevin Racingtire (Shifty Drug)... Determined Lightning McQueen... 2 great RVs in Doug RM and Larry Camper... My Name is Not Chuck - Chuck now has a wrench to remove tires... And the first singles release of Greg Candyman (Tach O Mint).

The 7 Car Palace Chaos set has 2 new Cars and several repaints... I'm most looking forward to Scott Motorse and Manny Roadriguez.

The 6 Car Airport Adventure could be my favorite series... 6 new Cars (if you count Acer with luggage cart as a new Car):

The 8 Car 95 Pit Crew series has a few we haven't seen before... we finally get Mack with a headset (Pit Crew Member Mack)... and the Fabulous Doc Hudson with stand is a great tribute to Doc and the end of the season Cars race:

The 8 Car Lost and Found series is from the scene where the media finds Lightning McQueen in Radiator Springs:

If the Super Chase series continues, we don't know what those Cars are yet... and store exclusives do not appear on the poster... I was going to buy the Target 7 pack with Bruce last night - keeping Bruce and giving the other 6 to a youngster that I help with Cars - but all 3 had Bruce with paint problems... also, Toon releases do not appear on the poster either... we already know that there's a new Rescue Squad Mater 3 pack with the Rescue Squad Ambulance and Dalmatian Mia and Tia.

So even though we're just now starting to see 2015 Cars merchandise in stores the 5th month of the Mattel 2015 product year, it looks like 2015 could be a very good year for Cars.

What 2015 series and Cars are you most excited to see? Let us know.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 03-07-2015, 04:02 PM.

Amazing! I can't wait for these to show up in stores!
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Awesome cars! I'm not complaining about Rip's Crew Chief, but I thought he didn't have one in the movie. It says here in the trivia section http://pixar.wikia.com/Rip_Clutchgoneski
      Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Ask Tomber Sipping Oil where Rip's chief was in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          Ask Tomber Sipping Oil where Rip's chief was in the movie.
          And Mater w/ Spy Glasses lol!

Comment

Did you guys notice Rips chief looks a little like Lubewig?

Comment

I'm assuming Rip and the Lubewig model are both from from Eastern Bloc-ish countries.

Edit: Maybe West Germany for Lubewig. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSU_Pri...remefarben.jpg
              Last edited by GotFrank; 03-07-2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I wish the poster were large enough to read... I don't see it specifically on Amazon...

I've downloaded it on my PC and tried to zoom in but it's pixelating.

The 2 RVs look great... and there appear to be a few new Cars... between this news and finding the Walmart Easter Bin at a few Dayton (Ohio) stores tonight it's been a good Cars day.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Large poster with readable names.
                  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A10hQFuo6bL.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by toyfountain View Post
                    Thank you very much, toyfountain!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Toyfountain added it to my photobucket and original post

Comment

Thanks for the better image! Grem and Acer 'in trouble' were the best names they could come up with, lol.
                        Last edited by RCcars5; 03-07-2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

This looks awesome! This year seems to be the best year of cars to me, since Mattel has made these cars! Good points, 1: Early year poster, 2: All of the new cars look awesome, 3: so many cars coming out this year! I really think Mattel listened to their fans finally! It's too bad there is no Wrecked Fabulous Hudson Hornet, wrecked Leak Less and No stall, and Bessie. I really want Bessie!
                          Check out my YouTube channel, COOLection TV! https://www.youtube.com/COOLectionTV

Comment

Wow, this looks great...the year of the deluxe and 2-packs for me...

Comment

In-depth look: 2015 Poster

Let's look at the 2015 Cars poster in more detail... here's the poster:

8 Cars in the Tuners series... I never thought that the Tuners series would be one that I found the most boring... no new Cars... no exciting variants.

7 Cars in the Ye Left Turn Inn - very exciting to me as Chauncey Fares is a previous release and the other 6 are new:

1 new Car out of 15 in the WGP series... Rip Clutchgoneski has a crew chief, Brian Gearlooski:

Where are you, Otto Bonn (Max Schnell crew chief)? Maybe in a Target boxed set?

The Tokyo Party series has 10 Cars... several new including Terry Gong and Mike Fuse... Mater with Allinol cans and 2 pittys will probably be a Movie Moment like the 2012 release of Miles with cleaning pittys.

Here's the first part of the 19 Car Radiator Springs series... Road Repair Lightning McQueen looks cool.

Here's the second part of the 19 Car Radiator Springs series... Lost in the Desert Mini and Lost in the Desert Van are great... and it's great to see Frank and Tractor - but I wish Tractor were not a Deluxe.

There are 9 Cars in the Race Fans series... Benny Brakedrum will probably be a Deluxe... and Christina Wheeland is nice... we haven't seen red Mia and Tia for awhile.

I'm not really excited about the Dinoco series... In fact I've left Gray Semi and Tex Dinoco on the pegs... I am looking forward to the single release of Mrs The King:

It's interesting that The King is called "The King" on his single name tag and not Strip Weathers as he was called in a late 2014 release.

I am really excited about some of the 18 Cars in the Piston Cup series... A pink Kevin Racingtire (Shifty Drug)... Determined Lightning McQueen... 2 great RVs in Doug RM and Larry Camper... My Name is Not Chuck - Chuck now has a wrench to remove tires... And the first singles release of Greg Candyman (Tach O Mint).

The 7 Car Palace Chaos set has 2 new Cars and several repaints... I'm most looking forward to Scott Motorse and Manny Roadriguez.

The 6 Car Airport Adventure could be my favorite series... 6 new Cars (if you count Acer with luggage cart as a new Car):

The 8 Car 95 Pit Crew series has a few we haven't seen before... we finally get Mack with a headset (Pit Crew Member Mack)... and the Fabulous Doc Hudson with stand is a great tribute to Doc and the end of the season Cars race:

The 8 Car Lost and Found series is from the scene where the media finds Lightning McQueen in Radiator Springs:

If the Super Chase series continues, we don't know what those Cars are yet... and store exclusives do not appear on the poster... I was going to buy the Target 7 pack with Bruce last night - keeping Bruce and giving the other 6 to a youngster that I help with Cars - but all 3 had Bruce with paint problems... also, Toon releases do not appear on the poster either... we already know that there's a new Rescue Squad Mater 3 pack with the Rescue Squad Ambulance and Dalmatian Mia and Tia.

So even though we're just now starting to see 2015 Cars merchandise in stores the 5th month of the Mattel 2015 product year, it looks like 2015 could be a very good year for Cars.

What 2015 series and Cars are you most excited to see? Let us know.

Comment

Working...
                              X