Cars World Grand Prix 5 Car box set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars World Grand Prix 5 Car box set

Posted today by Met on TakeFiveADay, there's a new 5 Car boxed set coming out featuring 5 World Grand Prix racers:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2015/05/...rs-5-pack-box/

Raoul Caroule, Lightning McQueen, Nigel Gearsley, Max Schnell, and Jeff Gorvette are the 5 Cars in the boxed set.

I don't know about you, but I already have way more than enough of each and every one of those Cars.

I bought the 5 Car Piston Cup set, not because it came in a nice looking box, but because of the Cars it included:
    Tach O Mint - first plastic tire release outside of the Speedway of the South Set
    Kevin Racingtire - the first release of Shifty Drug featuring the correct pink color
    Determined Lightning McQueen - had just been released for the first time shortly before
    Ponchy Wipeout - The first plastic tire release of Bumper Save as a single had just happened in the first case of 2015
    Ryan Shields - The first plastic tire single release of View Zeen since the very first Kmart Cars Collector event case

Which is a better deal to you? 5 new or rarer Cars singles in the Piston Cup set, or 5 overstocked World Grand Prix racers? I can't see myself buying a 5 Car boxed set with 5 repeats... If they happen to be Neon Racers, I've got all of them except for Jeff Gorvette... if they happen to be Ice Racers, I don't have Nigel Gearsley or Jeff Gorvette... If they are all released with flames, only Nigel has been released with flames before, but not all of them are attacked by the Lemons during Cars2.

I'm sure the 5 Car WGP set is probably going to retail for about $20.00... which is $16.00 more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Hey Mattel - please release Cars that we want... As bobbyjack said as a comment on the TakeFiveADay post, I'd buy a 5 Car boxed set featuring Super Chase Cars... I'd even buy a 5 Car boxed set featuring 5 different Frosty (Super Chase, Silver, Neon Racer, Ice Racer, and a 5th)... but 5 WGP racers that we already have way too many of? No way.

What are your thoughts?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

My thoughts are the same

Comment

I agree with you cac1959! Mattel should be releasing new cars instead of old ones that everybody has.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

crickey almighty, what a waste of time, who in their right mind is going to buy this s...(et)

mattel would be better of getting their finger out and supplying 2015 stuff to the uk, cos I aint found anything yet, and its not through want of trying

Comment

I'm comfortable enough with the existence of people who are vastly different than I. And some people collect cardboard. So, Bob's your uncle. On the other hand, WHERE'S MY SPARKPLUG MONSTER?!

Comment

i guess they think any 5 cars they stick in a box with lightning's picture on it will sell

Comment

Money for old rope! I suppose if Mattel put just one exclusive casting in the set we would all be moaning about the fact 4 of the cars are common repeats and what a rip off it is having to buy the box set to get one exclusive car, so I guess Mattel have done us all a favour really! No brainer for me!

Comment

Working...
              X