Cars and Music - Songs in soundtracks and some you'd like to see

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars and Music - Songs in soundtracks and some you'd like to see

I liked a lot of the music in the Cars and Cars2 soundtracks... While I think my favorite is the instrumental in Cars where Sally and McQueen go for a drive and McQueen sees the waterfall, I also liked Real Gone, Life is A Highway, Our Town, Find Yourself, and Route 66.

But what songs would have been good for either the Cars or Cars2 soundtracks?

About 3 weeks ago I was going through the channels on the DVR and came across Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds in concert... If I Had a Gun was playing - I immediately put down the remote and watched the rest of the concert... I've since downloaded 2 NGHFB albums and watch the videos on YouTube almost daily... and am thinking about going to see them in concert in the midwest within the next 2 weeks... but back to my question.

I think 2 Noel Gallagher songs could have been on Cars movie soundtracks.

If I Had a Gun could have fit in nicely with Cars2.
    Everybody's On The Run could have fit in with either movie.

I'm not sure Disney/Pixar would have asked, and I'm not sure Noel Gallagher would have accepted, but I think it could be a nice fit.

So what songs by what artists do you think could have been included in Cars movies? And are there any you'd like to see included in Cars 3 which is supposedly going to be based on now decommissioned US 99 which ran north-south from the US-Mexico border to the US-Canada border... a decommissioned US highway, just like the old US 66 from Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

My favourite song was in cars 1... After the road is repaved and they turn on all the neon signs...i think its call Shaboom (maybe sh-boom) and i believe the band is called The Chords. As much as i like my hard rock and heavy metal...i do enjoy the oldies

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Bumping this back up...

Was looking and listening on youtube over the weekend... found some songs from one of my favorite bands from the 70s and 80s, the Dire Straits... I think that the title song from their 1991 album On Every Street would be a great song to be included in a Cars movie - it could have been in Cars2, as it looks as part of it was filmed in London... I saw a Bankside Sandwich Bar... Southwark Street... Telegraph Road, also by Dire Straits, could be great to use as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X