Happy Birthday, Cars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Cars!

It was 9 years ago today... June 9, 2006... that Cars was released at theaters.

Here's a poster that I got back in April 2015 from Eli Davies from Get Me Collectibles:

It's now in a frame... on the wall in my Cars room/study... I'll add a newer picture sometime.

Here's another portion of the movie poster:

I don't remember the specific day that we took my grandson Austin to the theater to see the movie... it might have been opening night... And once the movie came out on DVD, we watched it almost every time he came over... I lost track after we'd seen it 150 times... I've only watched it a few times in the last few years... it was more fun to watch it with Austin than it is by myself... by comparison I've watched Cars 2 twice... Planes once... and Planes Fire and Rescue 3 times.

Happy Birthday, Cars!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Wow! I can't believe it's been that long that a lot of us have been collecting Cars diecasts! I wonder how many different Mattel Cars and Planes diecasts have been made. I'm guessing 1,000 and maybe a few hundred, but I'm not sure. I do have near, or maybe even more than 1,000 cars. I can't believe this 1,000+ Cars line started with 12 1-packs in 2006!
    Check out my YouTube channel, COOLection TV! https://www.youtube.com/COOLectionTV

Comment

Cars was released on my 30th birthday. Didn't start collecting until the end of 2009 when my son showed interest in the line. First time I saw the movie Cars I fell asleep.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Happy Birthday, Cars!

We first got into cars 2 when it was brought for my son in 2012 (when he was 2). He used to watch it over and over - every-time it finished he'd say "again, again! Pleassssse!" He likes cars 1 movie as well now (he calls that "racing cars"). The pcr's and the wgp racers all race together in this household, my now 4 year old doesn't discriminate by type of racer!
        I love both movies and I'm not looking forward to the day my kids grow out of this franchise.
        Last edited by BirchTiger; 06-30-2015, 01:28 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
        X