PCD is back online: 6/24/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD is back online: 6/24/15

Late Friday night, our PixarCarsDiecast.com website was hit by a group of attackers... if you went to the site, you saw a picture of who might have been the attacker and some "text" identifying the attacker... a calling card if you will... PCD had been "defaced".

I contacted the hosting company - they found a file causing that problem but the site still wouldn't load... they also were able to provide me with an account that allowed me to check some things about the forum but I still could not log in or see the forum... and as I didn't really understand what I was looking at I was hesitant to try things.

I contacted our site founder, Rippers - he was able to put me in contact with his colleague who has done work on the site... Upon talking with him, I found out the damage and what I needed to provide for him to repair the damage... last night I bought a new vBulletin license that allowed me to download the latest vBulletin software - vBulletin is what we use to run the forum.... it cost me $250.00... but I wasn't ready to rely on just the Facebook page and say goodbye to all the content that many of us have contributed to PCD over the years.

Temporary repairs have been made... additional repairs may have to be made... and we may be upgrading to the latest version of vBulletin 5 - we are currently on vBulletin 4.2.3.

I'm going to change my passwords on PCD and the e-mail that I use to access PCD... you may want to change your PCD password too.

To our colleague who has made the repairs I'd like to say "Thank you" for getting us back up and running... and thank you to all who support PCD and the Cars community here and on the Facebook page.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

ahhhhhhh....got my fix!

Comment

The HomePage still directs me to a 404 not found screen.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
        I see that, bobbyjack... temporary repairs have been made - there are more that will need to be made.

I'll forward that information on.

Thank you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Woo hoo!!!

Comment

I am so happy you are back online and thank you so much for your generosity!

Comment

I also have heard that the Tapatalk plug in is not working... I will forward that on to our support person.

Thank you, David Vincent and Raginpage.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                bobbyjack try deleting your old bookmark\favorite. Then once on the homepage make a new bookmark.

Comment

Yay. Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

Apologies everyone I have just re uploaded a load of files as we were hit yet again by the hacker, please bear with us, this could get sticky!

Comment

chris, do you need any readies from us to cover your outlay?

my wife aint to pleased that pcd is up and running, she aint the hacker by the way

good old rippers and his mate... the king is dead but he aint forgotten

Comment

What a journey this last 5 days has been... we were own3d (hacked) once again this afternoon... chascars identified the source and closed it... I've once again contacted the hosting company and am asking them to check it out... I'm hoping that if the problem was caused by their server not being fully updated that they'll help cover the costs of getting PCD back up and running.

Flash chat has been disabled, and I do not see us enabling it any time in the future... for chatting I use and am going to use either Facebook Messenger, What's App, or text messaging on my smart phone.

I believe that chascars has also gotten the Tapatalk plug in working once again.

We'll keep you posted...

And boogity and everyone else - I may ask for help with covering this unexpected situation... I'll let everyone know.

Many thanks, chascars, for your work on this.

Comment

Chris, thank you for your work to resolve this issue. What a shame that people would attack a site that's dedicated to nothing but fun and comradery.

Comment

Accessed those server files from the no-wires cpanel and managed to delete them. Waiting with baited breath!

Comment

Originally posted by chascars View Post
                              Accessed those server files from the no-wires cpanel and managed to delete them. Waiting with baited breath!
                              Thank you, chascars! I appreciate all the time you've put in on this... and I know our members do too.

Comment

Working...
                              X