Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready or Not: Carnival Cup Racers (Wave 2: 9/1/16)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    So much for sticking to my "I'm not going to buy these" plan on the Carnival Cup racers...

I used the Target in store scanner to confirm that they were in stock at 2 stores and bought them... I'll open these... I'm not going to buy a second set to remain carded unless they go on sale or clearance.

By the way, jestrjef tried to buy these at his local Target and was told they have a street release date of February 28, 2016... so if your store doesn't have them yet or won't bring them out you just have to wait another 11 days.

Will you be buying the Carnival Cup racers?

I will be reluctantly buying these and I will have to wait until the 28th as my target always adheres to the street dates

but I will be like you only buying one set to open

Comment

Are they Zika virus free..?

And to answer your question Chris, NO!

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
        All 11 race cars have been released over 2 series this year:

Carbon: McQueen, Max, Raoul, Miguel, Lewis, Nigel, Rip
        Carnival: McQueen (Repeat), Carla, Shu, Jeff, Francsco

just a coincidence?
        I was thinking of that myself. Raoul is also a repeat, he was released both Carbon and Carnival.
        Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I saw this display at an Indianapolis Target store yesterday - the Carnival Cup 4 packs are on the bottom... the 2 singles from case C were in the regular Cars section.

I bought a Francesco single... the only ones that had sold prior to that were 2 Lightning McQueen singles.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

So why did Mattel release the Carnival Cup racers now, this close to the release of the Carbon Racers?

I was chatting with toyfountain yesterday, and his thought makes a lot of sense...

Carnival Cup Rio Racers - held in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

2016 Summer Olympics - held in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

An attempt by Disney/Pixar and Mattel to capitalize on the Olympics and move additional WGP racers from Cars2.

What do you think?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Makes sense about Carnival cup being released last month around Rio carnival and with the Olympics coming up.

I'm not sure why Mattel is having 2 lines a year though. Silver and ice last year, carbon and carnival this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                Makes sense about Carnival cup being released last month around Rio carnival and with the Olympics coming up.

I'm not sure why Mattel is having 2 lines a year though. Silver and ice last year, carbon and carnival this year.
                Could it be beacause that they had planned to release all these series's of WGP cars yearly, but with Cars 3 being brought forward a year, they had to squeeze them into a shorter amount of time???

Comment

Originally posted by rossibutton View Post
                  Could it be beacause that they had planned to release all these series's of WGP cars yearly, but with Cars 3 being brought forward a year, they had to squeeze them into a shorter amount of time???
                  That's also very possible, rossibutton... I hadn't thought of that.

Comment

It looks like Mattel may actually finish the Carnival Cup racers... posted by RCcars5 on the PCD Facebook page, the 5 remaining Carnival Cup Racers are available loose on eBay... Here are pictures and links:

Carnival Cup Rip - probably my favorite of the upcoming Carnival Cup racers:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...cAAOSwubRXLx9u

Carnival Cup Nigel:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...4AAOSwiYFXLx74

Carnival Cup Max:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...8AAOSwLs5XLx5a

Carnival Cup Lewis:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...UAAOSwKfVXLx3q

Carnival Cup Miguel:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...UAAOSwt7pXLxz4

As others have said, with the Carnival Cup Rio Racers may very well be marketed and tied to the Olympics in Rio this summer - I'm not surprised that they may finish that series of WGP racers...I wonder how soon we'll see them in the package at Target... Rip looks great in my opinion.

I'll buy one of each but I'm afraid we may see another 4 Car set with 1 exclusive Car and 3 repeats.

Comment

Still yet to show up on Aussie shores. Hopefully soon though and also waiting to see if the carbon racers get completed also

Comment

dont buy this, as its far to sensible an expaination, remember mattel have been proved to be quite useless
                        Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        So why did Mattel release the Carnival Cup racers now, this close to the release of the Carbon Racers?

I was chatting with toyfountain yesterday, and his thought makes a lot of sense...

Carnival Cup Rio Racers - held in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

2016 Summer Olympics - held in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

An attempt by Disney/Pixar and Mattel to capitalize on the Olympics and move additional WGP racers from Cars2.

What do you think?

Comment

like them but stop string us along with sub series all the time. bring on the new cars

Comment

I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen the new (remaining) Carnival Cup racers at US Target stores by now... the opening ceremony of the 2016 Summer Olympics from Rio is this Friday, August 5.

What are your thoughts? Did you think they'd be released before the Summer Olympics? When do you think they'll turn up in Target stores?

I know I've seen the new ones loose on eBay from sellers in China.

Comment

Update: September 1, 2016

One of our PCD Facebook members found the new Carnival Cup Racer singles at a Target in southern California today... I'm hoping to get pictures.

Rip, Nigel, Lewis, Max, and Miguel are the new singles.

Comment

Wave 2 was also found in Missouri yesterday by BigMOCats (aka Scott)... Thank you for allowing me to share your photo, Scott.

These are still apparently Target exclusive... The DPCI is still 087-07-3032... time to start tracking inventory once again so I don't make a trip to Dayton or Cincinnati or Columbus or Indianapolis and come up empty.

Let us know when and where you find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X