No announcement yet.

Please keep those in Houston and southeast Texas in your thoughts and prayers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep those in Houston and southeast Texas in your thoughts and prayers

Please keep those in Houston and southeast Texas in your thoughts and prayers... extremely heavy rains (10 to 16 inches in 12 hours) a few days ago have resulted in devastating floods - referred to as 500 year floods by some meteorologists... 3 of our PCD Facebook members have posted that they are OK but in certain situations are surrounded by raging floodwaters... I hope carslover is far enough north of the Houston area to not be subject to the extensive flooding.

I hope all of our Texas members are doing OK.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Agreed, I've lived next to the Mississippi for most of my life. And through two major flood events. A couple years ago we ended up with four inches of water in the basement. After 6 inches of rain in an hour. And losing power for 12 hours. It's no fun when Mother Nature dumps a reality check in you lap.

Comment

San Antonio had a bad hail storm as well as minor flooding. My car got totaled out due to this. Over $5k worth of damage in hail. Dented beyond belief. Front window was smashed.

Comment

thanks for your concern but I am 200 miles north of Houston so all is well

we have had a lot of rain too but no flooding that I am aware of

Houston being on the gulf and at a lower elevation than here they usually have a flood most years at some point but they are not usually as bad as the current situation

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
          San Antonio had a bad hail storm as well as minor flooding. My car got totaled out due to this. Over $5k worth of damage in hail. Dented beyond belief. Front window was smashed.
          Drag!!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            Drag!!
            Thankfully my wifes car was parked inside. But I don't have that luxury. I'll be getting a new car when I get back from this deployment.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car, brownsfan1092... but it is good to hear that your wife's car was parked inside.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Sorry to hear about your car, brownsfan1092... but it is good to hear that your wife's car was parked inside.
                I think when my wife said I get a new car, it means she gets a new car and I get hers. lol. But thats fine. She has a 2014 Hyundai Elantra Limited (paid off thank god). Has way too many cool options. My Cruze is (was?) a base model. I was surprised it even had electric windows and locks.

Comment

hope all that rain is gone from houston. arbara from ctt is ok i think

Comment

Working...
                  X