thoughts on cars 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on cars 2

I have just recieved an email fron my long lost mate "dogg" (a big cars 1 buff and cars lurker I may add) who has just been back from seeing cars 2, he summed it up in one word, which rhymes with trap, although I would not go
    as this, I dont believe the film was much really much kop when compared to cars 1 or other pixar films. (also I am not 6 years old)
    Now that the dust has settled it would be interesting to get views on this,
    I am not even tempted to change my buying strategy or for that matter go back down to the cinema on see it again (ok I have a dvd) which speaks volumes.

marks out of 10, mines 5

I will admit that I have seen it 3 times now in the theatre. It was the first movie my son ever saw on the big screen and he liked it a lot more than Transformers 3. We saw it for the third time last week on vacation and brought his older sister and my niece with us. They both enjoyed it as well. If it wasn't for my children, I probably wouldn't have seen it though. Wouldn't collect cars either.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I enjoyed the film, not as much as the original movie but thought it was still worth a watch.

I'm more disappointed with the diecast cars line to be honest - poorer quality and selection (not that I expect there to be 40 different cars available by now, but sort out those case assortments...)

Comment

Cars 2 is a good movie I did like the spy element and the fast cut scenes, Cars was a fantastic movie (that's the difference for me). Cars 2 is selling well and the interest we have seen on Cars 2 is more than the interest we found there was from 2009 on the first series. However I cannot comment on how popular cars was at the start as we only started collecting/selling later. I am sure many of you can and I am sure there was a lot of interest at the start of Cars.

But didn't the Original Cars get slated as the worst disney pixar movie then? oh well no change there then.

7/10 Cars 2
        9.5/10 Cars

Comment

Cool. I just became a Cars addict. My wife would agree with that. She is getting me 2 of the big plastic 100 car display cases for Christmas. For my "son's" Cars.

Comment

I think Cars2 is a good movie... I doubt that I go see it again in the theater though as it cost $50 for 2 adult and 3 child tickets - on top of that, we spent another $30 on concessions... I too liked the spy theme - it reminded me of a Bond movie... well, more of a parody of a Bond movie... it will be officially out on DVD/Blu-ray in early November (3 months to go, I believe)... I'd give it 8 out of 10.

I loved Cars... however, I only saw it once in the theater as well... didn't really get into it until it came out on DVD... my grandson saw the DVD and said "Papaw, buy this"... and then he saw some of the Cars at the same Meijer store and said "Papaw, buy these"... I never could tell him "No"... I'd give Cars a 10 out of 10.

As far as the toys are concerned… the quality of the early Cars toys was fantastic… as they sold more of them, Mattel became more concerned with increasing profits and you can do that in 2 ways… higher prices and lower costs… Quality control became an issue... online ordering and fulfillment became an issue... Cars became lighter – made with more plastic… Where I could mail 3 Cars per pound (16 ounces), it became 4 Cars per pound (16 ounces)… and now with Cars2 singles, it may be 5 or 6 Cars per pound – they are definitely lightweight. Mattel has continued to not care about much other than the bottom line… I had hope of having 35 launchers plus a custom Apple… 35 haulers plus a custom Apple hauler… 35 Team Crew sets plus a custom Apple set (which I already have)… instead, they stopped production because the Target Team Crew sets didn’t sell in the quantities that they expected… never taking the responsibility that the reason was horrible case assortment.

I’ve decided that I’m not buying everything Cars2 (although it may seem like it)… $30 for 1 new Car and $50 for 2 new Cars is outrageous… Too many of the same Car in singles, doubles, three packs, four packs, 5 packs, 7 packs, 10 packs, launchers, etc… The big push I see right now is in the Action Agents – the “Minis” if you will… I’m not buying them because that’s another product line from Cars that Mattel started and dropped… In my opinion, Mattel has released too many Cars2 items all at once… it’s discouraging and disheartening to time after time go to stores and see nothing new.

Cars toys sold in spite of Mattel, not because of Mattel… there's a saying those who do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them… and Mattel is repeating them.

I've made many great friends all over the world because of Cars... I've met many in person and may meet more... Great websites like this one, TakeFiveADay, and carsthetoys.com are wonderful vehicles to help make the world a better "Cars" place for us all.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I think I am the only guy who do not watch the movie yet on this board. Movie will be in China on August 24. Long time waiting....
              I agree with Chris, I will not buy all cars, only buy some racers for my son and pick up some cool funny cars for myself. do not make a decision for cars2 minis, car1 minis took me too many money in last two months.

not only Mattel has cars, tony has cars too. but too few, now there are about 29 tomica cars2. the good thing of those Japanese cars are they can play in tomy playset, such as city sets.

anyway, make some great friend by cars is the best thing to me. that is my biggest return of my collection.

Comment

Thoughts on the movie:
                There was way too much Mater, who it seems got twice as stupid in the years between the first and second movie. In the first movie it was charming and hilarious, in the second it was just plain annoying. Also, the Radiator Springs scenes rang false to me- almost as if they were added as an afterthought. And Guido as a bartender? What, Luigi doesn't pay enough, so he has to get a night job pouring drinks? Whatever. It's like they didn't want to spend any time on the characters, just throw in a sight gag or two and call it day. I didn't mean for this to sound so bitter, I didn't hate the movie, I just wanted some quality time with the RS gang, and what I got was a feature-length Mater's Tall Tale.

On the diecasts:
                Things actually couldn't look bleaker. Distribution. Ridiculous multi-packs. Cheaply-made cars. And big high-fives to the suit who decided that Submarine Finn McMissile was going to be such a hit that not only should they make a million and put them in every Deluxe case, but that it should be the D23 exclusive as well. Bravo.

On a positive note: Acer is a way cool car. We finally got our hydralic Ramone. There's a decent chance we'll see at least a couple of new singles by Christmas. I've made some great friends through this hobby which will hopefully last long after the last pegwarmer is sold. It's the community that keeps me coming back. Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

Originally posted by sodabear View Post
                  And big high-fives to the suit who decided that Submarine Finn McMissile was going to be such a hit that not only should they make a million and put them in every Deluxe case, but that it should be the D23 exclusive as well. Bravo.
                  I have to agree with that. When I heard that was going to be the exclusive, I was very dissapointed. I guess also you could look at it as saving some money because it will be one less diecast to buy!

Comment

good posts lads, whats coming through here is the sense of community/fellowship of everyone.
                    that reminds me i,d better go check on ru5ty , Iaint seen (heard) him about for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X