Sorry guys..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys..

Sorry for going AWOL on you guys. I've been having a real hard time staying interested in this hobby since Cars 2.

I think the problem lies with the way I feel as a Cars Collector and we seem to be getting treated in the UK. The cars 2 diecast are vastly over priced (especially the 'deluxe') hugely over produced I spotted 30 odd Maters at Tesco the other day, no chase cars, barely any new products, massively over produced and expensive 'exclusives' (take the TRU LMQ) how on earth is that worth £7! when its over produced and has a paint job no more special then Radiator Springs LMQ from back in the day??? Don't even get me started on the multi box sets with one new car each..

Disney Store have had no Mattel exclusives (Rubber tyres etc)

I have to say I've also lost trust in Mattel after they way Cars 1 was left.. would you buy a sticker book if you knew up front you could only 3/4 fill it??..no! so why where we left with gaps in our numbered collections, and shown cars that never got released.. How you could possibly trust Mattel to deliver the goods in the future???

I would love to stay interested but what is there actually to stay interested for??

btw I've spied a few of the unreleased Final Laps loose on ebay from Hong Kong... is Mattel actaully going to bring out something collectors actually want??? or are these just prototypes

Rant over.. hope you guys are all well

As long as my kids are still into it, we will collect these cars. My son just opened Tomber last night and was still excited to get another Finn McMissile too, so he can play with it at Grandma's house. Now my youngest gets all excited to play with her brother's cars too.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I agree with you Rippers. Hoping the mooted Toons re-kindle my interest. I got so excited over the Cars 2 releases that I jut gorged on every new release. Sitting back now in hindsight I just cannot believe how much money I have spent and feel gulity about. not to mention regret.

Comment

"nils corundum", rippers, I think the problem is that weve been looking forward to cars 2 for years and now that its here the film is so poor and the toys are rubbish and overpriced, see siddely is now 11.25 in asda, still didnt buy it,
        If anyone cant find a latin translation i,ll send a pm

firefighter , whats this about new toons? havnt heard about that

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
          whats this about new toons? havnt heard about that
          It has been spoken about onTake 5 that Moon Mater is to arrive as a bash n grab. And another name that was mentioned was falcon. Which they predict is Roger. I think everyone is hoping that this is not just the only ones that will appear and we will see a return of the toon range. I hope so, this line really does need a shake up to get it back to the good old days... I was looking at the sumo mega's yesterday and they really are badly made, I just cant see how a kid or even a collector is going to be interested. There are probably 6-7 releases coming out from cars 2 that I am getting excited about. If they started a heritage line releasing many cars 1 items that were promised and never got to the shelves and also finishing off the extensive range of toon's that weren't made it would really inject some power into the line. There are many problems with the line at the moment which have been mentioned time and time again by collectors on this board, case quantity, supply and demand, multi-packs, cost... these comments are so true. Time will tell how the line develops but Mattel are not doing themselves any favours at the moment, I think they have fallen into the same old trap and released too many cases that have the same cars just different amounts and they need to look at variety, quality and Cars history to help the line. What I don't understand is they have a very popular hot wheels brand that have totally different varieties and case assortments throughout the year. Look how long the HW line has been going for and realise why, your find the answers there... its not rocket science.

Comment

We'll excuse you Rippers - just don't venture too far away...!!!

I'm slowly accepting the case assortments for what they are.....poor! I'm trying to think of it as better for my wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
              We'll excuse you Rippers - just don't venture too far away...!!!

I'm slowly accepting the case assortments for what they are.....poor! I'm trying to think of it as better for my wallet!
              That's a damn good point, we should be thanking them instead...

Comment

good points, i,ve saved meself quite ait of dosh too!
                as for t5, dont use it too much now, after getting a message deleted!

Comment

Glad to see you back, Rippers... as others have said, please don't venture too far away... you raise valid points about your desire lacking due to the case assortments and prices, but your PCD community needs you.

I'd never thought about it that Mattel was saving the contents of my wallet for other things (such as the new puppy that showed up in the pole barn a little over 2 weeks ago) ... my wife might have figured that out though...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I think there is light at the end of the tunnel
                    On T5 they talk about some new Toons that will be released in time for Xmas
                    Also, on eBay there have been listings for some new Final Laps
                    Usually the sellers from China who list these cars have them about 4 months before they hit the stores which would make it Xmas too
                    Pinions sighted in Canada, FB crew chiefs in France- new stuff is slowly coming out. We just need to make sure we have members in each country who will take care of us lol!

Comment

Cartitus (pronounced cart-eye-tis) is a condition which can affect cars collectors, and severely damage their performance and results. The term is used in reference to cars collectors who struggle with some kind of psychological problem with their collecting technique and/or release of new multipacks.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Originally posted by DaFickser View Post
                        Cartitus (pronounced cart-eye-tis) is a condition which can affect cars collectors, and severely damage their performance and results. The term is used in reference to cars collectors who struggle with some kind of psychological problem with their collecting technique and/or release of new multipacks.
                        I think I've been going through a case of this myself... will you please share the recommended treatment/cure? Must find the antidote!

Thanks for a great post.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My wife made me clean the basement storage room on the weekend... she had gone down there and looked into the room and blew a gasket!
                          I am under orders to trade/sell/donate all my 'extra' cars asap!
                          She has also enrolled me in Cars Collectors Anonymous- I attend daily meeting and chant "I will not buy any more cars, I will not buy anymore cars..."
                          I filled up 3 big boxes/plastic totes with cars my sons will never play with or have no interest in. It was a real eye opener for me to see how much money I had spent
                          At least 2 boxes are Cars2; they have shown no interest in the movie, so why open all the secondary and cameo characters?
                          Look out for my fire sale listings in the next day or so

Comment

I will be able to follow along tomorrow. Not so much after that, because I have Daddy Duty the next 2 days, so I will need email heads up! Then back to work Friday so I can follow along again! I think my wife is just as unthrilled with me right now too. At least she is ready to get me the big plastic display cases though!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

bobbyjack - I really like the Carney Plastics display cases... I have 1 SA-100 which holds 110 singles, and 3 CP-21/24 (which can hold haulers, singles, Deluxe, etc) mounted on the wall as well as 3 smaller custom built display cases... I need yet another one, but need to figure out where it goes (that is, I need to rearrange book shelves and other furniture).

Conrad - I hope you don't have to sell all your extras... and if you're not allowed to buy any more Cars, can you buy packages that just happen to have Cars in them?

Comment

Working...
                              X