Kmart Collector Event date and case assortment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmart Collector Event date and case assortment

Update: For details on Kmart 8, see post 44!

Kmart has announced that the 7th Kmart Cars Collector Event will be Saturday October 22, 2011.

The 2009 and 2010 events were the 4th Saturday in October; the 2011 event is also the 4th Saturday in October.

Less than 2 months to go...

Update: Here's the case assortment:

Lighnting McQueen - 6
    Carla Veloso - 2
    Miguel Camino - 2
    Max Schnell - 3
    Raoul Caroule - 2
    Lewis Hamilton - 2
    Jeff Gorvette - 3

Leave it to Mattel to come up with a horrible case assortment on a Kmart 7 case.

They look nice in the photos... hopefully the paint quality will be decent.
    Last edited by cac1959; 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: Kmart 8 event day announced

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Yippppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, dont suppose that you have any ideas of what cars are to be released do you Sir Chris?

Comment

According to the posters that were part of the Kmart 6 event, the Cars are to be rubber tire versions of Lightning McQueen, Miguel Camino, Lewis Hamilton, Jeff Gorvette, Max Schnell, Raoul Caroule, and Carla Veloso... Rip is not yet scheduled.

Kmart 6 featured Nigel Gearsley, Shu Todoroki, and Francesco.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Sounds good, im still after Nigel and Shu for Corey lol!

Comment

Hmmmmmm.... To go for plastic tyre racers, or rubber tyre......or both!!!

Are there plans for a KMart Day 8? If they do all of the racers now then I wonder what they will move on to.

I do like the KMart Days (not that I get to go) as it's guaranteed new cars...

Comment

We have been to 3 of the Kmart days so far and enjoyed each one.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

MrB - better collect them both now... before you decide to get the other in the future and have to pay higher prices... you don't want to deprive your son from having both rubber tyre and plastic tyre Cars racers...

Dumbleweed - I can send you a Nigel and a Shu for your son in your next package.

TakeFiveADay posted photos of what appeared to be prototype ransburg finish Cars earlier this summer - they were predicted to be Kmart 8 Cars.

bobbyjack - I've been to all 6 Kmart event and have enjoyed my time... I attended KM1 with a friend... we've split up to go to different stores since then... Crowds for 4, 5, and 6 were very low - in fact, I was the only one at a couple of them... the second store I went to for Kmart 6 hadn't even opened the master cartons because no one showed up at 11 am - I got there at 1 pm and was able to open and take whatever I wanted (as far as posters were concerned.

I have seen KM6 Cars at almost every Kmart store I've been to in the last month, and 4 weeks ago I bought 26 Kmart 3 Cars for one of my UK friends... there were still 50 more on the pegs (but no more Vinyl Toupee).

Comment

Less than 4 weeks to go until Kmart Collector event #7... I'm surprised we haven't seen the new rubber tire racers on eBay yet...

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Less than 4 weeks to go until Kmart Collector event #7... I'm surprised we haven't seen the new rubber tire racers on eBay yet...
                  Security has been tighter in the factories.

Comment

Unless we catch a hint of a chance of a special or Chase Car this will be the second straight K-day I'll be missing. It's just not worth it for me to miss a day of work for yet another package variation of a car I've had since day 1. Not to mention that they'll still be on the pegs in December.

Comment

still waiting for K1 day to happen in Canada (we do not have Kmarts yet)...

Comment

In store case assortment: 10/10/11

One of my east coast friends was able to get the Kmart 7 Cars today... Here's the case assortment:

Lighnting McQueen - 6
                        Carla Veloso - 2
                        Miguel Camino - 2
                        Max Schnell - 3
                        Raoul Caroule - 2
                        Lewis Hamilton - 2
                        Jeff Gorvette - 3

Leave it to Mattel to come up with a horrible case assortment on a Kmart 7 case... I was hoping they'd have 3 each of 6 and 2 of 1 (Lewis Hamilton)... this is going to make it tougher to get complete sets... 2 complete sets per case with 4 extra McQueen and 1 extra Max and Jeff.

They look nice in the photos... hopefully the paint quality will be decent.
                        Last edited by cac1959; 10-21-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

So the pegs will be clogged with rubber tire McQueens at Kmart for the next two years. Oh well, we will still attend the event next Saturday.

Comment

Not ideal, but worse things have happened!

Comment

Don't forget to go to the Kmart Fan Collector Event this weekend!

Hey everyone! This weekend is the Kmart Cars 2 fan collector event! Its going to feature all new cars with synthetic tires! Be sure to race in to Kmart on the 22nd of October at 11 AM! I'll be sure to be there and post some pictures after

Will you be going?

Comment

Working...
                              X