Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can we do with all the pegwarmers (Singles and Deluxe and 2 packs and...)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we do with all the pegwarmers (Singles and Deluxe and 2 packs and...)?

Many of us have experienced going to the Cars section of a store (or 10) and seeing nothing but pegwarmers... we'd like new stock... but until items sell, there's no new stock... and until they get new stock, they're not going to sell to reduce inventory... it's a vicious cycle...

Anyway... I am being both serious and joking in this thread... what could we do with all the pegwarmers to move them out so we could get new stock? We're not asking you to spend money to do these things... or to necessarily do some of these things.

1. Buy to distribute to a favorite charity.

2. Buy to hand out at Halloween... trick or treat... Here's a Finn McMissile (not sure if that's a trick or a treat).

3. Buy to use for target practice (in case your store is out of clay targets).

4. Take empty Cars case boxes into the store, box up the extras, and stick a Return to Sender (Mattel) label on the box.

5. Load up a boat and sink it in the ocean.

6. Give them to puppies as chew toys (after verifying that there's no lead paint).

7. Give one to everyone who signs up as a member of PixarCarsDiecast.com (although if we want to increase membership, that may not be a good idea).

8. Trade them in on a Cash for Cars2 clunkers promotion (the US had a cash for clunkers program several years ago that was designed to help out the auto industry).

9. Turn them into Cars ornaments for a Christmas tree.

If you've got any suggestions, feel free to add them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

apart from tru and smyths there are no other peg warmers out there, as asda, tesco and sainsburys seem to have wised up, oh I forgot about the referee pitty in disney, there were say 90 in that big shopping centre in shepards bush and about 50 in belfast, so times that by all the disney shops that must be 10 thousand, oh dear mr buyer think you made a henrys there then

Comment

I do like the idea of buying some and donating them to charity. Maybe we can organize it as a group...."Warm a Heart with Pegwarmers" has a ring to it. I'm not even kidding. Maybe we can have a challenge between all three of the Cars sites to see who can donate the most. If we promote it enough, who knows, maybe it'll get back to Mattel. They could use a little egg on their faces. What are just pegwarmers to us could be some kid's favorite thing in the world.

Comment

Charities / Kiddie Hospitals / Children organisations would be a great idea.

Comment

Would that send the wrong message to Mattel?

The over-produced cars would therefore "sell" and therefore they'd produce more!!!

Comment

Yes but it would be for a good cause. I don't want for us collectors to get selfish!

Comment

Hmmm, I never really thought of that. Chances are it wouldn't affect what Mattel would do at all- it doesn't seem as if they even bother to check what is or isn't selling before packing new cases anyway.

Comment

Send them back to Mattel so they can melt them down and make them into D23 Chrome Lmq's and send them back to us for being loyal customers.

Comment

lads, come on mattel dont give a stuff what we or anyone else does, so whatever is done nothing will change, plus if any of the executives read this they probably think were just a small minority group of sad individuals and have a laugh at our expense, - i,m a great believer that you cant beat the system

if we donate any merchandise, it might as well be good stuff, cos no one wants the dross.

Comment

Boog, if the Cars went to needy kids I don't think they'd be unhappy with a Finn or a McQueen. Chances are that their Cars collection isn't that extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                      I forgot about the referee pitty in disney, there were say 90 in that big shopping centre in shepards bush and about 50 in belfast, so times that by all the disney shops that must be 10 thousand, oh dear mr buyer think you made a henrys there then
                      I really don't believe the buyers care what they are buying or know that there is an extensive range! I'm sure that goes for Mattel as well.

Good point there Soda, I am sure needy kids will love it no matter what it is.

Maters and Finns is what are clogging up stores in this area, there are loads of them. Maybe I will buy a load and do some customs with them. Just don't have the time these days!

Comment

Working...
                      X