Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for contributing the thread which contains production dates of the various promo Cars. It's impeccable!

Comment

Hello to all!
      Who knows how read Mattel production codes on the cars from Thailand factory? In my opinion the letter - is code of the year. But what letter indicate what year? The digital number - is the number of week, right?

Comment

You are correct.

R = 2022 (P = 2021 etc).
        40 = the week of production (of packing as shown on the card). The actual week the car production is shown on the bottom of the car.
        A = I'm guessing the factory or production line?

E.g. Racing Centre Cruz Ramirez (Metallic Gold) shows R40A on the card and R38A stamped on the bottom.

Hot Wheels singles, although they are manufactured in Malaysia, have similar codes (without the 'A' suffix).

Comment

OK. But why 2021 is "P', not "Q", if 2022 is "R"? How to understand which year which letter corresponds to?

Comment

Mattel don't use some letters as they are similar to some numbers or other letters.

I = 1 (one)
            O = 0 (zero)

Although Q can look like O, it is reserved for special cases. There was a special assortment a couple of years ago, which had 'Q'.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
              Mattel don't use some letters as they are similar to some numbers or other letters.

I = 1 (one)
              O = 0 (zero)

Although Q can look like O, it is reserved for special cases. There was a special assortment a couple of years ago, which had 'Q'.
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X