desert island discs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desert island discs

desert island discs is a radio prog thats been on the radio since noah was a lad, the principles are that you are marooned on a desert island and can take 10 of your favourite songs/tracks with you to play...
    so on a cars theme, what would your 10 favourite cars from your own collection be, a few rules, the cars dont have to be 1.55, they do have to be singles, so you cant take speedway of the south with you (if youre lucky enough to have it), can be from cars, cars2 and toons and you cant take sub finn to get you off the island!
    Try to give reasons and finally pick your numero uno too, should be interesting

Great topic, boogity... I was thinking of something along the favorite lines but not talking about being marooned on an island... If I'm marooned, part of it might matter as to whether or not there were plenty of things to do or if I'd need to play with the Cars... If I knew the Cars would be protected from the elements and wildlife, I might take some different Cars... to look at or to play with... and again, I'm going to struggle to name a clear cut #1... and while I've acquired many great Cars in trades, it's not my intent to leave anyone out as I start mentioning names... I appreciate all my trading partners...

And if we can't take Sub Finn to get us off the island, we probably can't take Siddeley or a Dinoco Helicopter or Holley Shiftwell with wings to fly us off the island either... I didn't think so...

Silver Cars Cares custom racer - The Nathan's Playroom Charity, formerly known as Cars Cares, is dear to my heart... among other things, it provides care packages to needy children and siblings of needy children... a goal Nathan's Playroom is currently working on is to set up toys at the Indianapolis Ronald McDonald house for siblings of patients at Riley Children's Hospital.

El Materdor - I love the detail... I received this Deluxe Cars Toon one from Rippers in one of our many trades... Just like El Materdor used all his cunning to defeat the Chuy bulldozers, I'd need to use my cunning to survive on the deserted island, because I doubt I'd be staying at a hotel with room service, Internet service, and cable TV.

Race Damaged Mood Springs - one of my favorite 1:55 Cars... the line "I can still race" is very fitting in this situation... I can still do it... survive life on the deserted island.

Stephenson the Spy Train - from Cars2, he's opens up and can store and protect 3 Cars... he's fun to play with... and the train is loaded with all sorts of weapons and communications devices so I can call for help... oh wait a minute... probably no communications capabilities on the island... and it's just a toy anyway... Plus my middle son is named Stephen, and I've been calling him Stephen-son for almost 20 years, well before Cars2 came out.

Gask-Its Promo Car - I was fortunate to acquire 2 of these in trades with friends from Germany and the UK... they were among the most expensive Cars I've ever obtained and very limited in supply... Creme-filled Gask-Its reminds me of cream-filled donuts...

Lizzie - Lizzie is a classic Car... reminds me of my late grandmothers who were very loving and caring (and made great cookies) but just a little forgetful at times.

Oliver Lightload - why the Oliver Lightload hauler and not one of the racer hauler? The cab is a heavy diecast, it's great looking, and the trailer and what's inside it has a little more functionality than most of the other haulers.

Mack Playset - I'd probably take the giant Mack Playset that opens up and contains the road out of Radiator Springs, the dirt track race oval, and the busted up road the Bessie paves.

Lightning McQueen - there is no Cars without Lightning McQueen... and he'd be needed to tow Bessie... Not sure which McQueen I'd take, maybe the Final Lap one with the Shovel... or maybe a one piece McQueen with the Rusteze logo on the back spoiler...

Bessie - got to be able to pave the road in the above Mack playset...

I've left many great Cars off the list... I wouldn't take anything from my Speedway of the South set because I'd be afraid they might be damaged by the elements... It's hard to leave Doc Hudson and Sally off the list - both are very wise Cars that help McQueen learn life lessons while he's in Radiator Springs, and I'm sure I'd need to learn a lot more about life while marooned on a deserted island.

Which is number one on my above list? I couldn't pick a favorite toon... You expect me to pick a favorite Car? Well, you did ask... so I'll say my silver custom Cars Cares racer... and hope I didn't hurt the feelings of any of the rest of my Cars collection...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great topic boogity - I'll have a think and come back when I have more time...

Comment

I would take the core cast of Cars...
        Lightning McQueen
        Mater
        Sally
        Doc
        Ramone
        Flo
        Red
        Lizzie
        Sarge
        Fillmore
        Luigi
        Guido

I know that is 12, so in anticipation of getting off the island, I would take all of them except McQueen and Mater. I wouldn't have any problem finding those two when I get back to civilization.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Don't make me decide!

Comment

oh, I forgot, on the original show you can choose one luxery item and one book (cars related in our case)

Comment

1. Lights and Sounds Spy Mater (for the flashlight) 2. Lights and Sounds Rod Torque Redline (backup flashlight, plus it'll be nice to hear another human's voice every now and then) 3. Bessie (heavy enough to break a coconut) 4. Lightning McQueen with shovel (can help me dig a latrine) 4. Todd (because he's cool)......that's all I got for now.....

Comment

just spent ages putting in my top 10 with the reasons, flammin thing wouldnt take, so heres a quick top 10, reasons will follow later after a large coffee
                (not in order)
                1 jerry recyled batteries
                2 mcqueen with rear bumper stickers
                3 frank
                4 hamilton
                5 luigi
                6 paddy o concrete
                7 fire truck mater
                8 elvis
                9 scumacher
                10 brian park motors

Comment

top 10 reasons
                  jerry recycled batteries- nice model, took ages to find, nice movie scene
                  mcqueen- lenty version with rear bumper stickers- captures heart of the movie, remind me of our route 66 trip in arizona a few years back
                  frank- nice model, ney excellent model
                  hamilton, yep the little twerp makes it into the top 10, best diecast from cars 2, nice big size and nice detail
                  luigi,- a 1.18 version from disney shop in 2006, still makes an engine noise when touched
                  paddy o concrete- 1.43 from disney store, lovely heavy dicast, reminds me of home
                  fire truck mater- again a disney 1.53, nice detail, my fav mater by far
                  elvis- think I got in 2007/8, nice find at the time, reminds me of redneck hill
                  schumacher, not a fan of herr schu in real life, but the car is from my fav cars scene
                  brian park motors, this item was found planked in tescos by ru5ty, ru5ty it transpired livesa bout 6 doors up the steet, yet we find each other on a cars site!!! its a small world

numero uno has to be the 1.18 th luigi ad that noise is just beezer,even after 5 years

Comment

Right then, my 10 cars would be:
                    1. Lightning McQueen - it's my son's favourite so he'd definately need to go
                    2. Mega Blocks Mack - again my son loves him and breaking / rebuilding him would pass some time...
                    3. Boost
                    4. Snot Rod
                    5. Wingo
                    6. DJ - I love these 4 cars - the detailing on them is great and they're from my favourite scene in the movie
                    7. Ferrari F430 - our "newest" car - I really like the way it looks and rolls
                    8. Mater - he'd have to go to keep LMQ company...
                    9. Nitroade - he's my favourite racer
                    10. Sarge - a great quality die-cast

Comment

Bit late i know but I would take Todd PPT and Bob Cutlass, they're my favourite cars plus these are the two my son plays with most, plus the I reckon the conversation would be pretty cool!

Comment

Working...
                      X