Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Rust-Eze / McQueen's Pitty.

Hi there,

Has mattel ever released the following Mcqueen's pit crew set??

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2009/02/...-crew-box-set/

So far, I only have the "My name is not chuck" piece.

Sunny.

Hi Sunny... Good question... My Name is Not Chuck is the only McQueen pitty released... It was released on the World of Cars cardback as a single and in a Team Rusteze set with Mack and Lightning McQueen as well.

The ones you see in the TakeFiveADay link are excellent customs made by a collector from Italy.

Official Team Crew sets released with crew chief and multiple pittys are Team HTB (Chick), Team Dinoco (King), Team Leakless, Team Octane Gain, Team Nitroade, and Team Bumper Save... Of those, Nitroade, Octane Gain, and Bumper Save featured an exclusive pitty in the set with the hauler and racer.

That sounds like a good idea for a future article... Respect the Classics: What a pitty.

There were several pittys released just as singles as well... Tank Coat and Trunk Fresh come to mind... I'll check later and add more information.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Just don't have an idea why Mattel chose other We-barely-know-they-are-existed pittys over McQueen's original crews!

Taking about pittys. Can someone tell how many different pittys appeared in the Cars 1? And how many of them were released?

Comment

Originally posted by sunnetchan View Post
        Just don't have an idea why Mattel chose other We-barely-know-they-are-existed pittys over McQueen's original crews!

Taking about pittys. Can someone tell how many different pittys appeared in the Cars 1? And how many of them were released?
        Well there are approximately 10 pitties per car, and since there are 21 pit stalls, approximately 210 pitties are in the movie! That is a lot more that I thought.

As far to how many released, this is what I can think of:
        -Rust-eze Short (My Name is Not Chuck)
        -Dinoco Short (Luke Pettlework)
        -Dinoco Tall
        -Dinoco Wide (No Gun)
        -HTB Tall (Blue Eyes - Bruiser Bukowski)
        -HTB Tall (Brown Eyes)
        -HTB Wide
        -Leak Less Tall (Stacy)
        -Leak Less Short
        -Leak Less Wide (No Gun)
        -Octane Gain Short (Dudley Spare)
        -Octane Gain Tall
        -Octane Gain Wide (With Gun)
        -Octane Gain Wide (No Gun)
        -Nitroade Short
        -Nitroade Tall
        -Nitroade Wide (With Gun)
        -Nitroade Wide (No Gun)
        -Bumper Save Short
        -Bumper Save Tall
        -Bumper Save Wide (With Gun)
        -Bumper Save Wide (No Gun)
        -Spare O Mint Tall
        -Shiny Wax Tall
        -No Stall Tall
        -Vitoline Short
        -Easy Idle Short
        -Trunk Fresh Wide (No Gun)
        -Tank Coat Wide (No Gun)
        (29 pitties)

And prototyped:
        -Mood Springs Tall
        -N2O Cola Short
        -N2O Cola Tall
        -N2O Cola Wide (With Gun)
        -N2O Cola Wide (No Gun)
        -Easy Idle Tall
        -Easy Idle Wide (With Gun)
        -Easy Idle Wide (No Gun)
        (8 more prototyped for a total of 37/210.)

I personally would not want 10 pitties per crew but 4 instead (Short, Tall, Wide with Gun, Wide no Gun), which would make a less large amount of 84 pitties instead of 210. If there were 10 pitties per all 36 - 360; 4 for all 36: 144.

Then there's the missing 7 racers...
        Last edited by Bumper Save; 03-30-2012, 05:08 PM. Reason: Forgot TF and TC pitties.

Comment

Working...
        X