the diamond jubilee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the diamond jubilee

congrats to her majesty on 60 years ruling us lot!

now with the jubilee celebrations and the forthcoming olympics you would have thought that mattel might just of brought out the queen as a single in the uk, you dont need a "degree in maths, physics and bionics" to realise that they would sell like s... off of a shovel.

ah well, thats mattel for youse

watching the concert at the moment, stevie wonder is on, magic.

there is a lyric from a song in there, someone in the uk might know what it is!

now its madness, "our house" - in the middle of ones street, cripes it doesnt get much better

We also watched the concert, luckily the weather stayed dry.

Comment

I remember watching Madness perform on The Young Ones in 1980-something.

And yes, actually selling Queen diecasts does seem like a no-brainer. But second
      to Mattel's toy production is their production of senseless ideas & bad choices...

Comment

Makes me very proud to be English, loved Sir Elton but was a little disappointed with Sir McCartney yet again! (few spelling mistakes in there)

On the cars front I agree with Boogity, they would have literally walked off the shelves!

Comment

It's been a wonderful celebration.

While you and I know that Mattel could have released The Queen and Prince Wheeliam and the other UK based Cars for this event and sold a lot of them, Mattel distribution does not always make sense... and this, unfortunately, was one of those times.

I too remember the single (and video) for "Our House" by Madness... one of the classics, in my opinion, and as you know, I respect the classics.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I heard that they are renaming Big Ben "Elizabeth Tower." Is this true? No offense to her majesty but I hope not

Comment

havnt heard that, but remember big ben is only the clock not the tower!
              so maybe thats right

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
              I heard that they are renaming Big Ben "Elizabeth Tower." Is this true? No offense to her majesty but I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                havnt heard that, but remember big ben is only the clock not the tower!
                so maybe thats right
                IDK we'll see. If anything they should rename it Big Bentley.

Comment

Big Ben is the bell

The clock is called "The clock on the houses of parliament"

No idea about the name of the tower...

Jubilee celebrations were great and the concert last night was good (from the TV)

What I wanted to know is why did we project the French flag onto Buckingham Palace at the end???!!!

Comment

sacre bleu, monsieur b that is not cricket

that was a faux pas on the bell, merde!

dont worry i,ll be part of the advance party that will sort those frenchies out next at le mans

Comment

Working...
                    X