Disney store vs Mattel ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney store vs Mattel ....

This might of been asked before and could even be a daft question but ....

Is there actually much/if any difference between the deluxe Disney store and the Mattel deluxe.

EG. Disney store pope and pope mobile compared to the Mattel ones ?

Ive noticed from pictures that the Queen's eyes seem a little different on the Mattel release.

Im asking as i have most of the Disney store releases but havent bothered buying the same in Mattel releases (Red, Pope, Pope mobile)

Thanks for any answers

I can do some research... I don't have any of the Disney Store Deluxe items... I have Frank - he's huge... I can ask around... Some are a little larger - I know that the Disney Store Drag Star Mater is larger than the Mattel Deluxe Funny Car Mater.

I know that as far as regular releases go, the Disney Store items are in a 1:43 scale and the Mattel items are in a 1:55 scale... when I first started collecting, I was advised to collect the Mattel Cars for the ones we were going to play with, as the Disney Store versions did not hold up well to play.

I'll try to take measurements of some of the ones you mentioned this weekend.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i own a few of the disney store cars and the regular ones are certainly bigger - i've got the union jack ramone and it is at least half as big again as mattel ramones

however, i think when you compare the mattel deluxe cars with their ds equivelents there is much less difference

i'm sure take5aday.com has a number of articles directly comparing the two

Comment

Ive noticed the normal cars from the Disney store are alot larger then Mattel, Like you said Yuffie the Ramones are alot larger. Also the Luigi and Guido in the Pope set are huge compared to the original Mattel ones.

The ones im not sure about is the deluxe versions.. Eg pope vehicles, red and the bus. I dont have Mattel versions to compare the disney ones agaisnt, Will check out take5aday and see what i can find out.

Im not sure whether to purchase the Pope vehicles from Mattel to add to our collection when we already have the Disney store versions

Comment

For display use the Disney store stuff is pretty good, but for letting your kids play with I'd steer clear of the Disney Store Stuff as they break so easy especially any plastic parts where as my son is yet to have broken a single one of his mattel cars

Comment

From what ive found the Pope mobile is different between Mattel and Disney store. The Mattel has opening back where the Disney store doesnt, Will have to look again for a Pope Mobile now.

Will keep checkin to see if theres any differences between the others.

Comment

Working...
            X