X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch My Drift

They're here...

Who are they?

The Micro Drifters have made their debut...

Colossus XXL is about 5.5 inches long x 5 inches tall x 3.5 inches wide...

Looking at the back of the box, it looks like fun...

The cars are about 1.24 inches long by .75 inches wide - they are smaller than the Cars Mini Adventure Piston Cup Racers, which are just under 2 inches long...

Here's a 3 pack with Lightning McQueen, Clutch Aid, and Chick Hicks:

Here's a 3 pack with a Gold McQueen, Holley, and Acer:

Here's a 3 pack with Grem, Professor Z, and Finn:

Here's a 3 pack with Lightning McQueen, Octane Gain, and Spare Mint:

When you're done playing with them, you can store them in this Mack:

I like Colossus a lot... not sure we'll see Colossus as a diecast... and I like the Piston Cup racers... you know you do too... The Gold McQueen is very nice too... Is this another product line that Mattel will start and not finish? Do we take that chance?

And here's the Micro Drifters Speedway:

PCD member BluCollection made a video of the Speedway which we posted in this thread:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...Super-Speedway

Can I limit myself to buy just Colossus, or will I try to collect them all? What do you think? What will you do?

Thank you Earl and Steffanie from JMDL Toys for the photos and the information... they'll be available to order on the website soon.

With apologies to songwriters Warren and Heidi Williams, recorded by Dobie Gray (and years later by Uncle Kracker):

"Give me the beat boys, and free my soul... I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away".

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

There is something so wrong with Pacers and Gremlins drifting!

Comment

I like the mix of cars 1&2

Comment

I think if we saw the Colossus XXL and chick hicks/clutch aid pack in a store we would be very tempted!

Smyths have the drifters listed as in stock on their website for Ł5.99 each.

Comment

Colossus would be a lot more tempting if it were the same size as the Banshee was in the Mini-Adventure line.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Have the 4 3-packs ordered from America, then (typically) saw them in Smyths D: Oh well, will collect all of them anyway, they're tiny in reality though!

Comment

my son loves that big guy

Comment

Collossus seems cool but IDK if I will get him. And nice of them to put exclusive McQueen in with him.

Comment

Bumping this thread for an update...

I saw an entire case of the 2nd wave at a Walmart last night... here is the contents:

Raoul/Mater/McQueen -x7
                  Nigel/Jeff/Francesco - x6
                  Professor Z/Grem/Finn -x4
                  Spare Mint/Octane Gain/McQueen -x3
                  Gold McQueen/Holley/Acer -x2
                  Clutch Aid/Chick McQueen -x2

Still $5.97... I left them all...

And according to a new post on TakeFiveADay, it looks like 7 more 3 packs (some with repeats) will be out by the end of the year.

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/08/...-pack-singles/

I'm still saying no to the Micro Drifters... but...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm collecting micro drifters!! My son loves them! Especially the colossus dump truck and of course Mack!

Comment

Come on cac1959! Just give in to the temptation... it's really easy

But really, these Micro Drifters are amazing. 10x better than Action Agents. I found the 2 new Micro Drifers 3 Packs at Wal-Mart yesterday and they are awesome!! But all the Cars in the Nigel/Jeff/Francesco 3 pack had sticky ball bearings. I wonder why. It felt like touching a piece of tape.
                      The Speedway is great too! Just make sure to use all the duplicate McQueens you get instead of ones you only have 1 of. They do scratch even though I was 99% sure they were indestructible. (idk how many times I've dropped one and they haven't chipped at all) Just ask my Gold McQueen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                        Come on cac1959! Just give in to the temptation... it's really easy

But really, these Micro Drifters are amazing. 10x better than Action Agents. I found the 2 new Micro Drifers 3 Packs at Wal-Mart yesterday and they are awesome!! But all the Cars in the Nigel/Jeff/Francesco 3 pack had sticky ball bearings. I wonder why. It felt like touching a piece of tape.
                        The Speedway is great too! Just make sure to use all the duplicate McQueens you get instead of ones you only have 1 of. They do scratch even though I was 99% sure they were indestructible. (idk how many times I've dropped one and they haven't chipped at all) Just ask my Gold McQueen.
                        I think Gold McQueen is the easiest to scratch - mine got a little scratch from going through Colossus. All the other ones are fine.

Comment

I've seen these at Toys R Us....really like the XXL one. Awesome looking guy

Saw the gold mcqueen pack and was tempted to pick that up.

BUt my priorities are the singles Diecast right now...so not bothering with much else.

Very cool looking though

Transformers for Trade
                          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X