2012 San Diego Comic Con - with photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 San Diego Comic Con - with photos

The 2012 San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) is getting ready to start... NascarnBroncosFans is at SDCC again this year... I'm getting one of the 2012 SDCC Mater sets from him this year... I didn't want to take a chance that it would sell out and not be available on mattycollector.com A couple years ago the very nice Ghostbusters vehicle sold out at SDCC and never made it to mattycollector.com.

I'll see if I can post some of his photos from SDCC 2012... He's in line right now getting his admission badges.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

the mater set does like great.hope there's some remaining after the convention
    i was also looking at the hot wheels knight rider (K.I.T.T) and scooby doo mystery machine which also look good

Comment

NascarnBroncos's Fans SDCC Photos

Many thanks to NascarnBroncosFans for allowing me to post his photos from 2012 SDCC on PCD... We greatly appreciate your willingness to share your SDCC experience with us.

Today is registration day - the actual SDCC event starts tomorrow (July 12) and ends Sunday July 16...

It's quiet earlier today:

(Photo used by permission of nascarnbroncosfans... thank you, Kevin!)

Here's a 1:1 scale Batmobile outside the Convention Center:

Attendees often dress in costume:

I've seen this super hero before... or someone wearing a very similar costume:

There are interesting signs inside the Convention Center... if you can't stand and can't sit, what can you do?

People in line to pick up their passes... they are standing or sitting even though the sign in the previous photo said not to...

Many companies will have booths at the event... Mattel is one of them... hopefully we can learn a little bit more about their upcoming plans for Cars and other toys...

You can learn more about the SDCC event at: http://www.comic-con.org/

Again, many thanks to nascarnbroncosfans for sharing your SDCC experience with us and helping many of us out with this year's exclusives.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Nice pics, numbers 2 thru 5 are cool. The sign really should say "Just get the heck out of here"

Comment

Preview night photos

I've seen some great photos of Preview night, which was July 11... As soon as we add the requested watermark to the photos, we'll be posting them here.

While there may not be as many new Cars in them as we'd like to see, there are some great Cars in the display.

I see what appear to be Cozy Cone and Doc Hudson playsets that look to be similar in size and construction to the original 4 TRU playsets...

Edit - they may be the size of Micro Drifters sets... we'll have to find out.

Here are the photos... Thank you, nascarfan for sending me the photos via e-mail... Thank you, Peter McQueen, for adding the requested watermark.

Scooby Doo Van and SDCC Mater:

Cars2 diecasts:

More Cars2 diecasts, including a red JL Surfer truck:

Micro Drifters - lots of emphasis on Micro Drifters this year:

I think this is a nice Micro Drifters playset/building:

Clock, bridge, and ferris wheel:

Micro Drifters Radiator Springs playsets/buildings:

Micro Drifters display case:

Again, in the Mattel Cars display, there is a lot of emphasis on Micro Drifters.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            I see what appear to be Cozy Cone and Doc Hudson playsets that look to be similar in size and construction to the original 4 TRU playsets.
            oooo, interesting

Will GotFrank replace his own models???

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
              oooo, interesting

Will GotFrank replace his own models???

Oh carp! LOL
              I suppose I'll have to see their quality and go from there.
              Either way I know Owen will be happy about new 1:55 playsets!
              And I'll be happy if he has his own V8 Cafe' instead of borrowing mine.
              Eerrr um I mean Harrison's V8 Cafe'. LOL

Comment

Ok, saw more pics on CTT.
                Nothing to worry about, it was a display for mini\micro somethin'-a-nuthers.

Comment

Ok, saw more pics on CTT.
                  Nothing to worry about, it was a display for mini\micro somethin'-a-nuthers.

Comment

mattel is teasing us now,fabrizio,long ge,vitaly petrov,sushi chefs,david hobbscap,petro cartalina,memo rojas jr. and what is the JL surfer truck doing there?could we be seeing this at retail?
                    and the micro drifters display looks wicked,can't wait to see a video of this.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures...

Some nice cars there.... I hope we'll see them in stores at some point (I'm not going to hold my hopes up and say soon)

Those Micro Drifters and playsets look nice, but I'm going to try to not get into that line

Comment

I just received an e-mail from NascarnBroncosfans - he's at SDCC and has been providing us with information and photos... The SDCC area has been a dead zone for Verizon Wireless customers - that includes Internet and cell phone... not good.

The Monster High Dolls have been selling very quickly... it looks like some people are trying to circumvent the system that's in place with regards to ordering them (and other toys) before the event on mattycollector.com and picking them up at SDCC (you must have your badge and pick it up in person)...

Hopefully we'll have more photos during the event which ends on Sunday... but if not, you know why.

Thanks for the update, NascarnBroncosFans...

Comment

When he is old enough, and if he becomes a comic book geek like his dad; this will be an awesome Father-Son roadtrip for me and BobbyJack.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

musicnywu1 received his SDCC 2012 Suds Mater yesterday... he sent some photos to me and asked me to post them:

(Photo used by permission of musicnywu1... Thank you, music)

It lights up:

Looks like a complicated machine for Mater to operate:

I hope to have mine later this week...

Thanks for sharing your photos, musicnywu1...

Comment

no problem chris. hope everyone gets there soon. one of the best sdcc item yet .

Comment

Working...
                              X