No announcement yet.

Let's Talk movies!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think i could pick a favourite, i like films from all genres. I love Hitchcock movies, the man completely mastered suspense in the days where all he had to work with was sounds and lighting. Lord of the rings was excellent and although it has had criticism recently i actually thought the first hobbit movie was great too. I also love Dirty Harry, Goodfellas, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, Quadrophenia, and The National Lampoon movies! Fav Actor is a tie between Clint Eastwood, Johnny Depp and Tom Hanks. Cars is my favourite animated movie, which surprises me as i cant even drive!

Comment

No, no complaints there (LotR). I watched all 20hrs or so of bonus material on the extended versions. And their explanations for where they wandered away from Tolkien were acceptable to me. Don't get me wrong I'd be just as happy if they had put Tom in. On a completely different note, one of the more... Unexpected things I saw on the bonus material. Was that the CGI folks at Weta decided to make the cave troll anatomically correct. Yikes!

Now the Hobbit on the other hand... I avoided all mention of it as not to spoil things. So I was completely unaware that it was going to be in three parts. So when the credits started rolling at the end of An Unexpected Journey I was dumbfounded! I was all like "But, but, but...." So I came home & got on Imdb and saw that it was three parts. Which was only slightly reassuring. I think it's a stretch making it three movies, two maybe. But the only thing I had a problem with besides all that. Was that they didn't have Ian Holm as Bilbo. Other than that I thought it was pretty good.
      Last edited by GotFrank; 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I can definetly see why Ian Holm was not bilbo due to his age and such...but I think he should have appeared somewhere as his old self, maybe to start a narrative or such.

I have not yet seen The Hobbit(I am still pretty angry about that, but we couldn't get money and babysitters straightened out for it, so I'll have to wait lol). I can definetly understand them doing in 2 movies. Agreed 3 might be a stretch, but there is a TON of material in the Appendices in the Lord of the Ring books that provided details on other character development/whereabouts during the hobbit timeframe that are to be included. I guess we shall see when the 2nd and 3rd hit the theaters how well it has been done. After the awesomeness that was LotR, I have full faither in Peter Jackson to make this awesome lol.

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

The Transformers movies is what got me back into collecting Transformers. When I saw the live action movie in 2007 after not having looked at anything TF wise since about 1987, I was blown away. I really wanted to buy all the new toys, but my wife was pregnant with BobbyJack at the time and I needed to save the money. I saw Revenge of the Fallen when it came out and hated it. I totally ignored Transformers for the next 2 years until right before Dark of the Moon came out. BobbyJack and I watched Revenge of the Fallen on cable and he really liked it. I had the 2007 movie on DVD and let him watch that too. Then we both went to go see Dark of the Moon right after Cars 2 came out. Been collecting Transformers ever since. Here is our collection which I posted on a Transformer's fan site...
          http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...collecton.html
          With all the new Masterpiece Transformers having been announced, I think that is going to be the focus from here on out.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Lol bobbyjack, I am also registered on that site . Heres a thread to my collection, which Im trying sell most of anyways lol.
            http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-has-bots.html

I actually enjoyed revenge of the fallen for the most part.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I just bumped your collection thread up BlitzFire! I love the different Frenzies too. Wish I had a green movie Brawl as well. They are rereleasing the Leader version, but for $180, it will be an easy pass.

Comment

ouch! That is a wait until it is on clearance for $50 like I did for Ultimate BB (movie 1) lol. Green movie brawl was the first transformer I bought.

Who was/is your fav transformer out of the 3 movies? Design wise, Shockwave was bloody awesome in DOTM

I also agree that Megatron was way to different then the cartoons. I don't necessarily think he should have looked just like the cartoon...but some semblance would have been nice. I remember watching a clip either on one of the dvds or on youtube of Frank Welker doing the voice of megatron in the movie vs Hugo Weaving. Frank Welker's voice, although a staple of my youth for megatrons voice, just did not fit the Movie megatron voice
                Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 01-31-2013, 05:48 AM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Some of the suggestion so far have been fantastic.here's a glimpse of my own library.

The usual suspects
                  Heat
                  Fresh
                  State of grace
                  No escape
                  Once were warriors
                  Ong bak
                  Warrior king
                  Outlander
                  Tron
                  The last starfighter
                  The sheriff and the satellite kid
                  Forbidden planet
                  Contact
                  F/X murder by illusion
                  Highlander
                  Species
                  Eight heads in a duffle bag
                  Evolution
                  High spirits

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                    Genre: (in order of preference): some Horror (mostly the ghosts & God vs the Devil type stuff). But not Paranormal Activity!!! I'd rather watch golf! Or flies mating... So boring!
                    Aww, come on GotFrank!
                    No, just kidding. I don't like the Paranormal Activity franchise either. The first two were 'good,' I didn't care for the third one and probably won't ever watch the fourth one. I just recently saw Mama in theaters and while it scared the heck out of some of my friends, I was so engrossed by the storyline I kind of forgot it was a horror movie LOL. Jessica Chastain did brilliantly, the two little girls were pretty good mini-actresses haha, and it turned out way better than I thought it would. Well, maybe also because I had my standards set pretty low so I wouldn't be disappointed haha.

Besides that, here's my answers..

Genre: Probably Comedy/Animation type of movies. I do like some Horror as you could tell from above. I'm also a pretty big fan of Star Wars, but not near as much of a fan as I am of Cars.

Favorite Movie of all time: Finding Nemo hands down. Well at least IMO.

Favorite Saga: Star Wars. I do really like The Hunger Games but since the rest of the movies haven't come out yet I won't put that as my favorite.

Favorite Actor: Too tough to pick! There are too many actors out there I like. Johnny Depp is one high up on my list as well, mostly because of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Favorite Actress: Again, too tough to pick. I don't like naming favorites to any actor or actress. Of course I do like Jennifer Lawrence.. but the list is too long to pick favorites.

Favorite Kids Movies: Finding Nemo, Cars, Cars 2, Wall-e, Toy Story 1 and 3, Despicable Me, Rio and Monsters Inc. are on the top of my list, and I have many others that I enjoy but don't think are amazing. Every one of the movies I mentioned I've watched more than 3 times each.

Five Movies I'd Need On A Desert Island: Finding Nemo, Cars, Cars 2, the Anengers and a Blu-Ray Player with a TV that is capable of running off of sand would be my 5th. Otherwise how would you be able to watch them?

Comment

"and a Blu-Ray Player with a TV that is capable of running off of sand would be my 5th."

LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                        Highlander
                        Man I sure hope they don't ever make a sequel of this movie. Because it was so good any attempt to revisit it would be a cheesy pale shadow the original. That it would forever scar my brain and make me block it from memory completely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                          and a Blu-Ray Player with a TV that is capable of running off of sand would be my 5th. Otherwise how would you be able to watch them?
                          LOL x2

Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                          Ong bak
                          I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. I am a fan of Kung Fu movies. I kinda forget about them due to my wife not being a fan of them so I don't watch them nearly as much as I used to. Bruce Lee remains as the best of the best to me. Love Jackie Chan, Rumble in teh Bronx is the first movie I saw from him and remains pretty high on his list. Jet Li as well. Enjoyed the "Once Upon a Time in China" series he did. REALLY liked Kiss of the Dragon and The One (come on, Jet Li vs Jet Li, what is there not to love?). Anyone seen Ip Man? movie was pretty awesome. Haven't seen Ip Man 2 yet.

I enjoyed Paranormal Activity 1, 2nd was pushing it. Haven't seen the 3rd or 4th. I will probably watch them as my gf wants to see them. I am happy to read that Mama was pretty decent.

I enjoy Horror movies as well and so does my gf, but she doesn't like watching them at night. With having kids, it makes it kinda hard to ever watch them lol.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                            ouch! That is a wait until it is on clearance for $50 like I did for Ultimate BB (movie 1) lol. Green movie brawl was the first transformer I bought.
                            Asia exclusive. Doubt it will ever go on clearance.

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
                            Who was/is your fav transformer out of the 3 movies? Design wise, Shockwave was bloody awesome in DOTM

I also agree that Megatron was way to different then the cartoons. I don't necessarily think he should have looked just like the cartoon...but some semblance would have been nice. I remember watching a clip either on one of the dvds or on youtube of Frank Welker doing the voice of megatron in the movie vs Hugo Weaving. Frank Welker's voice, although a staple of my youth for megatrons voice, just did not fit the Movie megatron voice
                            Shockwave was a freakin' awesome design in DOTM, but it was such a waste of a really cool character. I know Bay used him as a red herring to get the attention away from (Spoiler Alert!)SP as the real bad guy, but I wish that they didn't waste him. He would have been a great Decepticon leader in TF4 since I don't think they will be able to bring Megatron back to life anymore. So it looks like Transformers 4 will be the big movie in 2014 and Star Wars 7 in 2015.

Comment

Paranormal Activity 1 was filmed by me, and was pretty good & original. It's hard to keep watching them as the only thing different is the characters. Most sequels have the same characters involved in a different story, Paranormal has the same story with different characters, I'm sure the creators are rolling in the dough by now.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                                Man I sure hope they don't ever make a sequel of this movie. Because it was so good any attempt to revisit it would be a cheesy pale shadow the original. That it would forever scar my brain and make me block it from memory completely!!
                                I wish i could forget all the crappy sequals they made of Highlander.

Comment

Working...
                                X