No announcement yet.

london marathon2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, good luck at the London Marathon tomorrow, yuffie...

And I'm sure most everyone knows, they caught the second Boston Marathon bomber, a 19 year old kid, last night.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

well yuffie did you do it and what was yer time, think we spotted you on telly running just behind mo!

Comment

unlike mo I didn't give up halfway round!

just over 4 1/2 hours which is my slowest time but I'm happy with

Comment

Congrats Yuffie, well done. I could only dream of running a quarter of that distance without dying on my arse LOL

Comment

Well done yuffie. It was a hot day for it and I can't imagine that the VLM is a good Marathon to try and get a time.

That topped with your cold and it's a good time...

Comment

Congratulations, yuffie! Completing a marathon is a tremendous accomplishment...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

well done yuffie, 99% of the great british public couldnt do that, doesnt matter about the time, what were your best bits and worst bits?

Comment

I'm guessing that the best bit was finishing (the feeling of accomplishment) and the worst bit was getting to the finish...

Someone once told me that a marathon is a tough 20 mile run followed by the hardest 10k of your life!!!

I'll be entering the ballot again when it's announced

Comment

mr b, do you fancy dublin at the end of oct, big international field, plus guaranteed entry

Comment

congratulations to all that participated

Comment

well just finished the belfast marathon , got round in 3.53.00, which I was pretty chuffed with, reckon the last 3 miles were the quickest of the whole race.
                        ru5ty, had to walk back from ormeau park, took me an hour!
                        called into home bargains, asda direct and tescos as I stumbled past, in asda the cars were on the bottom shelf, as I could not bend down I do not know what was there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                          well just finished the belfast marathon , got round in 3.53.00, which I was pretty chuffed with, reckon the last 3 miles were the quickest of the whole race.
                          ru5ty, had to walk back from ormeau park, took me an hour!
                          called into home bargains, asda direct and tescos as I stumbled past, in asda the cars were on the bottom shelf, as I could not bend down I do not know what was there!!!
                          awk poor soul.... my days been nothing but relaxing ha ha ha (i wish) i toured the west today, found nothing but the queen and a bunch of amateur shop assistants.

Comment

Congratulations on competing the Belfast Marathon, boogity... I'm hoping by the end of the summer I can do 26.2 miles - on a bicycle...

Comment

Great time boogity. Sub 4 hours would be my goal (provided I could get the training in) although I'd like to think I could do 3:30 (8 min miles all the way), but that is a pipe dream - especially for a first marathon.

I'm in the ballot for next years London Marathon. Currently that's the only marathon I'm interested in participating in. If I only run one, I want to say it was the London - it's purely because it's been on the TV every year I can remember. If the York marathon takes off (which I think it will) then I'd like to do that one too (probably the same year as when I get in the London)

I take my hat off to anyone who runs a marathon

Comment

Working...
                              X