Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Generation video game consoles - your plans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts, I don't care about the integration with web browsers, tv, skype, etc. I have a laptop, ipad, media phone & smart tv, I don't need another smart device. The voice commands and gestures are a gimmick I think. A few tvs have gestures and they are clunky, but maybe the new Kinect is as good as they say. The Kinect will run non-stop, not a fan of that power usage. I like my components off and I use surge protectors to shut them all off. Also not a fan of the cloud. Just to watch the Xbox One reveal, I literally had to refresh my browser about 50 times. My internet sucks, and I have Veriizon Fios. But I believe they are going cloud based to discourage the hackers from modifying the system.

I'm happy for the bluray player, the new Call of Duty looked great and showed some real gameplay, compared to EA's cut scenes for their 4 new games for the Xbox. I don't think anything of the Xbox One moniker. I believe the first one was just Xbox, at least in my neck of the woods. I sort of like the TV integration, IF we can purchase channels seperately, which recently has been in the news.

I'm sure I'll get it, but I'll wait awhile. I had 2 xboxes give me RROD so I'm skeptical.

Comment

I play sometimes. As a matter a fact, I am actually using the internet on my 360 to type this! I like games, I often enjoy racing. My main concern is how much violence along with everything else that's in most games today. I prefer more kid-friendly games myself. I'm planning on getting Disney Infinity when it's out. I only need the Cars stuff though... It's pricey!

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

One of the main reason i am not into gaming is because of the violence.
        Is not good to play these type of games in front of little boy when he yet to know what is right or wrong.

Comment

We still own a Playstation 2 - our favourite game is Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I'd like to upgrade, but my husband isn't interested. I found a Wii Cars Toon game which my son made me buy (he thinks its a movie & doesn't understand we don't have a console). He may just "happen" to get one for his birthday off his Nanna lol.

As a kid I have great memories of challenging my boy cousins to Tekken I was a force to be reckoned with! Haha!

Comment

My kids and I own every console out there. (though I only use the xbox on occasion - I just play NBA2k11 (as Jordan) If the next wave of consoles cannot play used games I may skip them all together. (Xbox may make you 'register' your game and if you sell it or trade it away you may need to inform them of the transaction in order to play it)

Comment

Working...
            X