Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Disney Planes diecast line taken its final flight ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Disney Planes diecast line taken its final flight ?

Hey folks, at one point many moons ago I was really looking forward to seeing some of the expanded Cars universe vehicles from the Planes film being released. I picked up the coaches, Linus lines and Trudy trailway, then Harvey and Winnie plus the fire engines but it appears some models didn’t make it to market. Has the Planes diecast line now fininshed? It’s been a year or more since I last bought a Planes model and the last was in a discount store. Never saw this model release and wondered if I ever will?

Yes, I'm sorry, but it appears that the Planes line is completely dead, as is the franchise.

Comment

I concur, the Planes line is kaput.

Comment

Sadly, that is the way it seems. Very unfortunate, the Planes line of die-casts had some really interesting land-based vehicles in various forms - eg. giant sized Ryker, Ted Yale with luggage cart, Winnie & Harvey, coaches, even the Smokejumpers. They enhance the variety of my Cars die-cast collection, makes it more visually interesting. My last purchase off Amazon was Zed Custard the doughnut truck - love the design, colours etc never saw it at general retail though. Was really looking forward to the new stuff supposedly coming out including the muscle car, still hoping they will be released some day....

Comment

I have very few Planes items in my collection. But Zed was a must! Sheriff, Mike & D.D. need doughnuts.

Comment

Same josh, but I only have five Planes diecasts in my collection

Comment

While I'd originally heard that Planes 3 was "filmed" at the same time the Planes Fire and Rescue was filmed, there's been no mention of it for quite a while... I figured I was done with my Planes collection... but a month ago a friend in another country was able to offer me 4 Planes I didn't have and figured I would not get:

Tango
              Croix Cartwright
              Gregory Piper
              Super Chase Midnight Dusty

I paid more than I would have if I'd been able to get them in the US... but I have them... I'll try to add photos one of these days... per rpag, the Super Chase Midnight Dusty does glow in the dark.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                While I'd originally heard that Planes 3 was "filmed" at the same time the Planes Fire and Rescue was filmed, there's been no mention of it for quite a while... I figured I was done with my Planes collection... but a month ago a friend in another country was able to offer me 4 Planes I didn't have and figured I would not get:

Tango
                Croix Cartwright
                Gregory Piper
                Super Chase Midnight Dusty

I paid more than I would have if I'd been able to get them in the US... but I have them... I'll try to add photos one of these days... per rpag, the Super Chase Midnight Dusty does glow in the dark.
                Here is a picture showing my 4 most recent Planes additions:

Enjoy!

I too wish they'd release more of the diecasts as well as the 3rd movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I recently spoke with someone at disney and they said that the toy line for planes is done and there will be no re-release for the toy line.
                  As for a 3rd movie it is set to be a new planes 3 movie or a spin off for planes, of a new movie that is supposedly going to be set in the future (space) and there will most likey be a release of toys for that movie, it is apparently going to be released April 12, 2019 but this is just from 3rd party sources and google articles.

I have a large planes diecast collection and I would love to see a re-release but I just try to pick up planes when I can/find them.

Comment

Welcome to PCD, and good luck in your search!

Comment

Welcome to PCD, mccoy1417! I really like Planes Fire and Rescue - I like it more than the first Planes movie... Unfortunately it does not seem that we are going to see any more Planes characters released... I really wanted the car shown in the lead post.

Comment

Working...
                      X