Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm down for sharing in a case of the Ecto, Mystery Machine, Flintstone Mobile, etc.

Comment

• Received an awesome package from rpag today over on the CTT forums (traded a Metallic Raoul for these):

I thought that the Flinstones car that I bought earlier had someone make pen lines on it, but I guess it's just the same design or the employees are drawing the exact same lines on multiple cards across 2 countries lol

I can FINALLY add this to my collection and finish it. I bought the other 7 in the series just fine. But having checked over a dozen walmarts (walmart exclusive series) over about a 700km distance I never found him (I was on vacation, checked where we stopped). rpag magically had one laying around:

(my apologies on the quality of the pictures, we are in the middle of the move and someone, the camera already got packed, so I only had my cell phone left to take pics)

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• Ok considering im already going in and out of many stores weekly for the cars stuff...im thinking I should atleast look through the hotwheels to see if I can find some rare stuff that people may be interested in. culd someone give me an idea of what to look for that may be in stores now?

Comment

• I haven't had any luck finding a Flintstone's car yet. Haven't really looked that hard yet either.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Yeah I'm with Scavenger, what is the best site to find out the rare cars for HW. I picked up some today and plan on looking online later. I guess you have to join the HotWheels site?

Comment

• Scavenger, Topherdawg, I regularly check http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide.html

scroll down to the years, currently on the pegs in stores you're more then likely to find 2011-2013 Hot wheels and the odd 2010. You can see the full line (2013 line still being worked on) under the main line category. FOr the rare ones, hit Treasure Hunt.

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• from 2004/5 up until last year all the regular and super treasure hunts are labelled as such as this pic shows,they all also have green coloured tabs and have the word printed on the card,treasure hunts,t-hunts etc.

super treasure hunts were also on the same green stripe labelled cars however the differences between them were rubber tyres,different colour paint job and the letter s in the wording of treasure hunts,t-hunts etc on the card had been substituted for a dollar sign as you can see from this pic.

last year they decided to make supers more difficult to get in that they now have no labelling on the packaging anymore and appear as normal cars unless you were specifically looking for them.here's a pic showing a 2012 super and it's standard version,(the standard is not a treasure hunt by the way),note how the picture on the cardback is different as is ultimately the car inside.

now this year 2013 ,they decided to unlabel the regular treasure hunts and make these more difficult and the only way to tell these apart are by a tiny flame disc symbol on the side of the car as you can see here.

Comment

• Thanks for the info! Like I said since i havent been finding the cars i want, atleast i can have something to look at when i go to all of these stores...lol Gonna go look at the site linked above and try to find the list of the newer treasure hunts. I dont really want to start a collection here, just something to hunt for!

Comment

• Ok thanks for the info Scavenger & dj. I found some short cards today and got them and I bought one of the Bugs that you listed above, except it was a normal size card w/o flames on the hood. I am going to collect the sprint cars. Hot Wheels is a lot completed than Cars!

Comment

• Stopped at Meijer this afternoon after installing my mailbox... no new Cars... in fact, it doesn't look like they've sold a single one of the new Cars items... no surprise there... I did find a few new Hot Wheels items:

Bought the Ecto-1 for me... the Mystery Machine and the Power Ranger are for GOMATERGO

I may get the Mystery Machine for me in the future:

They also had KITT and a Batmobile...

The Ecto-1 looks a lot like the SDCC version from several years ago:

As I'm a Honda person I got this:

Got these in Indy 10 days ago - just never got around to taking a picture:

Here's the set of 3 Power Rangers Hot Wheels - I did not buy them for myself.

I look at the same SouthTexasDiecast Hot Wheels website... and thank you very much, djjd21, for the review in pictures of what to look for.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• awesome scores cac1959,we have'nt seen the 66 batmobile over here yet and i doubt we'll ever see the retro series,they do look fantastic

Comment

• The 66 batmobile was in Asda about 6 months ago, Mattel started to sell just long card cases with batman singles in them tru and asda had them. All of the singles were released over a six week period. You sometimes find the odd tru gets a case now and then... great finds Chris I had to revert to ebay recently for the VW Kool Kombi and Flinstone car. In the latest edition of the UK's toy news Hot Wheels are back up the charts and disney cars are gone!

Comment

• these were the themed cards,the one cac1959 is in the 2013 mainline series,there is also another batmobile (batman live batmobile) not seen yet in the uk which has been released in the US in the mainline series.

Comment

• Try Morrisons over the next 0-4 weeks at the moment they seem to be the only place getting the new long card clip strips that have the 2013 Showroom, City and Imagination ranges. Also if you have The Range near you apparently there is a Hot Wheel Garage long card range come out over here in the last 8 weeks.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/s...e/2011/garage/

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358042312.811714.jpg

New finds at TKMaxx

Comment

Working...
                                X