This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
    Great finds on the Kmarts, was Bad to the Blade in the cases and any supers? I think some cases had Corvette Grand Sport 'Supers' in them?
    yes there was some of the Grand Sports there, but I didn't grab them. I don't recall the Blades, but those aren't something I would normally look at. I'll probably go again tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

• anyone? anyone? anyone?

Comment

• Found my first Treasure Hunt today!!!!

Was at WM this morning and was looking through the new Hot Wheels they got in.

It's the '12 Ford Fiesta
        I was just looking and I saw one with the flame logo on the side and I had to look closer because I just couldn't believe it.

I also found the blue "Bump Around" bumper car and the Surfin' School Bus.

How rare are the T-Hunts? Do they come like Chase Cars and Super T-Hunts are possibly like Super Chases??

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

• Nice find, DjB.. i never did see that Ford Secret Treasure Hunt in a store.

I'm going to let someone else answer the question about the rarity as compared to Cars... my understanding, which could be wrong, is that the Secret Treasure Hunts come one per case which is what the Chase Cars were patterned after... Super Treasure Hunts are even more rare - not all cases get one - and that's how the Super Chase Cars were going to be distributed.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Thanks Cac!

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Nice find, DjB.. i never did see that Ford Secret Treasure Hunt in a store.

I'm going to let someone else answer the question about the rarity as compared to Cars... my understanding, which could be wrong, is that the Secret Treasure Hunts come one per case which is what the Chase Cars were patterned after... Super Treasure Hunts are even more rare - not all cases get one - and that's how the Super Chase Cars were going to be distributed.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

• Originally posted by DjB View Post
              Thanks Cac!
              it also seems that some are way more common then others.

the I have 3 of the '64 Lincoln Convertible treasure hunt....and I've seen at least another 3 on the pegs. Haven't seen any other THunts.....well not entirely true. I've seen some, only to realise later on that it was a THunt and I left it there LOL

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• I don't even know what to look for on the Treasure Hunts anymore. The Hot Wheels guys in my area don't really leave me with much of a chance though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Treasure Hunts are normally 1 to a case (Like Chase Cars)

Super Treasure Hunts are RARE and you do need to know what your looking for. On old cards that were Treasure Hunts and normally had a $ on the packaging a handful of others from the mainline as well but with the new 2013 cards there are no Supers of normal Treasure Hunts they are Supers of the Main range. Its confusing!!

How to find Super Treasure Hunts:

Look for a TH mark on the car (its not on all Super TH)
                  Look to see if the wheels have more detail, treads on the tire.
                  The paint job is normally matt or a high gloss metallic.

I don't know of a web page that lists all the Super TH out there with images, I wish I did as it would be really useful.

I only just found out about the TH mark, I have seen 2 supers and not realised until a few weeks later. DOH!

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
                    Treasure Hunts are normally 1 to a case (Like Chase Cars)

Super Treasure Hunts are RARE and you do need to know what your looking for. On old cards that were Treasure Hunts and normally had a $ on the packaging a handful of others from the mainline as well but with the new 2013 cards there are no Supers of normal Treasure Hunts they are Supers of the Main range. Its confusing!!

How to find Super Treasure Hunts:

Look for a TH mark on the car (its not on all Super TH)
                    Look to see if the wheels have more detail, treads on the tire.
                    The paint job is normally matt or a high gloss metallic.

I don't know of a web page that lists all the Super TH out there with images, I wish I did as it would be really useful.

I only just found out about the TH mark, I have seen 2 supers and not realised until a few weeks later. DOH!
                    here is a handy link for treasure hunts

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunts

Comment

• Thanks, yes there is a Super TH part at the bottom of that page. Great find...

Comment

• Thanks to a tip and assist from GOMATERGO, I was able to pick up the red Ford Ranchero from the 9/14 Kmart Hot Wheels event... While I'd picked on up at the store event, I gave it to another collector before I went to the register to pay... Steve found one for me and I was able to buy it last night.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• found me a new Porsche 911 GT3 RS today

Comment

• Vipers finally hit my Walmart.

image.jpg

Comment

• Nice finds, carslover and LMQ702...

Stopped at Walmart at lunch... I saw a few new Hot Wheels, including the '10 Toyota Tundra which is a secret treasure hunt... but the ones I saw were not so I left them all.

Comment

• Had a very exciting Cars / Hot Wheels day today! New 2014 cards in KMart!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X