This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to vote: 2012 PCD Halloween Contest

It's time for the members of PixarCarsDiecast.com to pick the winners for our 2012 Trick or Treat Contest.

Thanks to a generous donation from a PixarCarsDiecast.com member from Singapore, we're pleased to award this:

1 International Oversized case T:

1 each of:
    Taia Decotura
    Taco Truck Mater
    The Queen
    Funny Car Mater
    Red
    Double Decker Bus

After talking with the PCD management team, we're going to award 3 prizes from case T:
    1st prize: 3 Oversized Cars (Taia or Taco, Queen or Funny Car Mater, Red or Double Decker Bus)
    2nd prize: 2 Oversized Cars (the other one of Taia or Taco, the other one of Queen or Funny Car Mater)
    3rd prize: 1 Oversized Car (the other one of Red or Double Decker Bus)

We will be allowing our members to vote for the winners... enter as many times as you wish, but you can only win one prize... you can only vote once... When you vote, you vote for 1st place (5 points), 2nd place (3 points), and 3rd place (1 point)... we'll total up the points... voting will start when the competition ends.

So you can start thinking about your entry... You'll be submitting a photo that combines Halloween with Cars... A Halloween backdrop or diorama with one or more of your favorite Cars in the picture, and why that Car (or those Cars) is (are) your favorite(s).

We will start the contest voting on Thursday November 1, 2012... voting will end at 11:59 pm Eastern time on Friday November 9, 2012...

Again, you may only vote 1 time.

To clarify a question that I have been asked, vote for the Entry #, not the post #

Entry #1 is Post #2
    Entry #2 is Post #3
    Entry #3 is Post #4
    Entry #4 is Post #5
    Entry #5 is Post #6
    Entry #6 is Post #7
    Entry #7 is Post #8
    Entry #8 is Post #9
    Entry #9 is Post #10
    Entry #10 is Post #11
    Entry #11 is Post #12

Voting starts on page 2

The original thread has been moved while the voting takes place.

Thanks to all who participated in this contest - the entries are amazing... Thank you to our PCD member who donated the International Oversized case T.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Entry #1

padre seems the perfect car for a halloween related picture

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Entry #2

McQueen (jokingly) to Mater:

Hey I thought you said you were getting a "big" pumpkin this year?

Mater to McQueen:

Ya think I shoulda went bigger then buddy..?

(The previous night.)

Comment

Entry #3

Here is my official entry. I tried to think of the cars we have and which ones go good with Halloween. Well, these guys seemed to fit the criteria...

They are wearing costumes. I-Screamer is kind of scary. Dr. Frankenwagon's monster seems to go perfect with Halloween. If that still isn't good enough...

I took pictures of my children wearing serial killer masks getting ready to play with them just to be even more creepy.

Comment

Entry #4

Mater can't leave well enough alone...

Comment

Entry #5

........ooooooo i hate spiders..................................

second picture for the contest....from the movie; the return of the evil RIP's

Comment

Entry #6

Very excited to show you guys my contest entry! I gave up on what I was originally looking for but settled with something else... here it is!

McQueen, Mater and Fillmore are about to enter Lizzie's haunted house... And of course, Fillmore is my favorite Car.

Comment

Entry #7

Here's my entry...

Mater: If Sheriff asks, we was out smashing mailboxes okay!

Lightning: We used that last week, remember?

Lightning: Here comes Sheriff!

Mater: Quick, get into your costume!

Sheriff: What in blue blazes happened?

Mater: We was only out trick-'er-treating! It was the teenagers!

Sheriff: You're under arrest!

Mater: Hey, let's smash Flo's mailbox!

Last edited by cac1959; 11-01-2012, 04:33 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

Entry #8

Here's my contest entry!

Comment

Entry #9

Hey Girls and Gentlecars !!!

Can I invite you to join our first PCD Halloween Festival "PUMPKINS OF ROCK" ?

Heavy Metal Mater will performing his megahit "I Like PCD" (based on AC/DC's TNT) live and especially for us !!!

Greets and hope to see you there !!!

Comment

Entry #10

Here is my contest entry:

MATER: "Arrrggghhh, Sheriff and Nitroade have turned into ghosts...!!!"

I also tried the same diarama, but with the Monsters Inc Cars:

Comment

Entry #11

One Day Lightning and his pal Francesco was invited to a Hotel to stay the night.
                        When they arrived at the hotel everything seemed normal what do you guys think?

but as night time drew closer things start to go bump in the night for our friends

Happy Halloween

Comment

Sample ballot

There are 11 fantastic entries... here's a sample ballot

1st: Entry #95
                          2nd: Entry #43
                          3rd: Entry #86

In the above ballot, entry #95 gets 5 points, entry #43 gets 3 points, and entry #86 gets 1 point... these entries don't actually exist, but it shows how to vote... no ties are permitted in your vote - you cannot have a tie for 1st... if you only want to vote for 1 entry, you may do so - that entry will receive 5 points.

Please reply in this thread with your votes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place... you may only vote 1 time.

Comment

we reckon, mcq for no 1, king for no 4 and 86 for no 9
                            Last edited by boogity; 11-01-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

1st: entry #1 - love the use of the Lego mini figs
                              2nd: entry #9 - love the pumpkin carving
                              3rd: entry #11 - love the originality.

Well done to all entries all great efforts. Just a shame my stuff is in storage at the moment otherwise I would have entered too.

Comment

Working...
                              X