• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand why I cant find this stuff, same old, same old
    Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
    Picked up suki and otis today at Argos. No sign of Alex
    was in d/s, bought the wasabi mater/ security finn
    spotted the dracula mater and the ivan mater,which I wanted, prob was they were in a twin pack with max and rod respectively which I have from the last years xmas pack, so why buy again?

not too impressed with d/s at the mo, think they pay lip service to proper customer service, but thats another story

in fact, will write to their h.o. about these twin packs (as oppsosed to e mail), will share the reply if it comes!

also tesco has 3 for 2 on toys, prob is there aint much to buy, unless youre mr b

Comment

• Made a couple of stops today... saw but didn't buy Mater and Flo from the Radiator Springs Classic wave 2 singles at TRU... and on the way home at a Walmart picked up a Falcon Hawk 1 and a NASCA Truck for MarknotaMack.

Nothing at the Target I stopped at... Meijer in the same town had also stocked the 2011 singles case with Lewis Hamilton and Carlo Maserati.

Nice score on Otis and Suki MrBrownstone.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Found security Finn and Acer double & Mater & Sal double, never seen either before. Both in B&M

Comment

• Found Leland Turbo and Mama Topolino 2 packs again this morning at a local Walmart. Guess they just now started to get to this area. One thing I have noticed lately is none of my local Walmarts have restocked since the Geargrinder case. I have noticed this is in 3 different states. I wonder if Walmart is going to get an exclusive display soon?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• found today at debenhams

unibody holley shiftwell,carla,miguel and lewis

and the elusive 3

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
              Found Leland Turbo and Mama Topolino 2 packs again this morning at a local Walmart. Guess they just now started to get to this area. One thing I have noticed lately is none of my local Walmarts have restocked since the Geargrinder case. I have noticed this is in 3 different states. I wonder if Walmart is going to get an exclusive display soon?
              Still havent't got a geargrinder from the US let alone finding one here in the UK. If you can find 2 let me know please bobbyjack

Comment

• Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                found today at debenhams
                and the elusive 3
                so they've been found at tesco, argos and debenhams - i must be able to find them in the next few days surely given i'll be able to get to one or two of each of those!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                  Still havent't got a geargrinder from the US let alone finding one here in the UK. If you can find 2 let me know please bobbyjack
                  The Geargrinders from those cases are long gone. Haven't seen a Geargrinder on the pegs in over a month.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• There are 2,000 case 997J with Otis, Suki and Alex Vandel in them. Because sales are up in the pre-Christmas period, those cases should get to shops quicker than the case 996U with Acer/torch and Celine Dephare in them. They should also sell out quicker than the case 996U, which are still appearing in Sainsburys.

Galloping Geagrinder is in case 996Y. That could be in the UK soon, but who knows with Mattel. They may serve a metaphoric curve ball and release a totally different case?

There are five new cars, 39 - Erik Laneley, 40 - Cartney Brakin' (Chase), 46 - Nick Cartone, 48 - Alexander Hugo/party hat and 49 - Mary Esgocar that have yet to see a general release (apart from a few online and shops in Europe), so means there are two or three cases to come.

It may also be down to retailers? They could request exclusive rights to certain cases, but that assumes that Mattel UK are that clued up, maybe more than we give them credit. Given that some helpline staff offer more information than others, I suspect that Mattel UK (in general) know much more than they are (generally) willing to let on!

It maybe that the staff who are more helpful, are actually collectors and enthusiasts too, so they see it from our perspective? We can only hope!

Comment

• today

tesco x2
                      asda
                      argos x2
                      tru
                      smyths
                      disney store

complete blowout

Comment

• Had a quick look in DS on Oxford St, saw a couple of Don Crumlin's, lots of Miguel's and Carlo's too. Also in Debenhams they had a couple of Guido/Luigi two packs, a Shu, Miguel plus Carla and Geoff Launchers. I managed to snag a Sgt Highgear from DS and let a couple of kids grab the Crumlin's that were lurking at the back of the peg. Nice to see a few different items on the shelves.

Comment

• Don Crumlin...still need that lemon. My collection of lemons will be complete (for singles currently released)

Transformers for Trade
                          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• three more argos', tesco, debenhams, the entertainer and disney store today - still nothing

Comment

• still you did make me laugh, sorry bout that!
                              been there, done it and wore the t shirt
                              Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                              today

tesco x2
                              asda
                              argos x2
                              tru
                              smyths
                              disney store

complete blowout

Comment

• I feel your pain, yuffie... I believe that you're going to find new Cars - it may not be as soon as you'd like (it often isn't), but you'll find some.

The local Meijer added 30 more Cars2 singles to the pegs this morning... all Finn McMissile... they covered up the case with Lewis and Carlo with Finns... I spent about 5 minutes re-arranging to get the Finns in the back... I'm going to offer them a quarter per Finn to see if I can donate them to a charity.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                                X