Recent Finds: November 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Nos. 28 - Vladimir Trunkov, 30 - Victor H. and 33 - Becky Wheelin' (Chase) haven't appeared in the UK as yet, so I hope if successors to 998G are UK-aimed, we may get to see these before the Porto Corsa cards see their final checkered flag!
    My Disney Store has seen Becky - but I didn't get there in time

This was a few months ago though...

Comment

MrBrownstone -

Thanks. I had heard a rumour that a Becky Wheelin' had appeared in another Disney Store around June, but as two people have said the same thing that's as near as we're going to get concrete proof.

I don't suppose we will see any more over here now, but that said all the DS I visit keep getting Officer Murakarmi and Don Crumlin! I've also seen loads of RS Ramone's in stores (Smyths and Argos mainly), so ...

Prince Wheeliam is equally elusive in the UK.

Like Becky, I had to import a Prince from Europe.

You never know with Mattel, but time is running out, that is if the UK moves to the new cardbacks at the same time as everyone else?

The US is about to, and there's five cars that haven't been released there as yet. Maybe at the Walmart pallet drop?

Comment

after trailing round dozens of shops last week i go in the normally poor independent toy shop in bath and find

alex vandel was on a peg but had to ask to get otis and suki from out the back

Comment

great scores yuffie

Comment

Glad to see you found them, yuffie...

One of our PCD members in Austria found Erik Laneley, Nick Cartone, and Suki today... be on the lookout... Hopefully they'll be in the Walmart pallet... hopefully we'll see it before Black Friday.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found 1 Falcon Hawk Black at Meijer this morning... there are 9 Autonaut Mater, 3 Autonaut McQueen, 3 McQueen Hawk, and 1 each of Stu Bop and Rescue Chopper on the pegs... singles are 2 for $4.00... 80 Finn and a few McQueen and Francesco... they need to get a Mattel rep to the stores.

I have packages in transit... hopefully they'll arrive soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

A local walnart last night had a ton of the usual, but saw a few not so commons (in my area) Nigel and Jeff. Also spotted for the first time a Max. Left ut as I just received on from jonj.

Spotted Radiator Springs line at Tru but didnt picj any up. Need to focus on my daughters for xmas now lol.

Transformers for Trade
                Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

nifty nigel, you are da man, checked a local toyland (antrim junction 1), what did I find, I found in a box ready to be put out, otis, vandel and the other one, name escapes me, bought otis and the opel, left no 44 as i,m not a fan of that type of design and dont have any in the collection, well chuffed , ta for the tip off

also spotted a nice r/c 2012 alonso 1.18 ferrari, unfortunalely finances didnt stretch that far!

Comment

suki and great find boogity

Comment

boogity -

There's no greater feeling than finding a new car (or three) in a shop (and paying the retail price)!

Helping other collectors find these cars too is a close second!

After all the frustration of the last few months, finding all these new cars recently makes it all worthwhile!

If someone at Mattel were to ever read these forums, this is the feelgood factor for us collectors. Please keep the new cars coming to shops!!!

Comment

Nice find, boogity... thank you for the heads-up, niftynigel... you are so right - helping someone else find a Car (or finding a Car for someone else) is a great feeling.

And in a heads up for US collectors - I read on TakeFiveADay that someone in Texas found Erik, Suki, Alex, and Otis at a Walmart... the delivery is starting to make its way to stores.

Comment

oh snap! I sure hope that these make their way to a local store soon. Would love to buy them in stores.

Transformers for Trade
                          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I went hunting yesterday at both lunchtime and after work:

Lunchtime:

Argos - nada
                            Disney Store - nada
                            WH Smith - nada (as in no cars at all!)

After work:

Wilkinsons - nada
                            Tesco - nada
                            Argos - Alex Vandel - SCORE!!!
                            TRU - lots of "new" cars (i.e they've refreshed the pegs since last time) but nothing newer than Mel Dorado (a fair few Miles, Jeff, Carla and Max on the pegs). They've also got the 2 packs down to £4.99 so I picked up a Luigi / Guido / Uncle Topolino and Grem / Damaged Rod Torque Redline

Overall, best "hunt" I've had in ages!!!

Comment

Nice finds, MrBrownstone!

Comment

I drove 80 kilometres today (about 50 miles) just to have a look at another TRU if they have anything new. Well, at least I found a Hawk Mater, but if one car was worth the gasoline? Well, my son will definetly think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X