No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: December 2012 trades and online purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just had a detailed e-mail from Mattel. It's not good news. Advanced sales of the 'last wave' are very low and most cases will probably be diverted / shared with mainland Europe in January. This includes all the four/five new cars plus five silver racers, which will all be in very limited supply in the UK. Retailers are holding off because of the launch of the 2013 range. I guess that far too many 997J cases were produced.

The last deliveries for 2012 were last week. There will be no further deliveries in the UK until the new year as Mattel shuts down for two weeks from tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, niftynigel... Mattel evidently still doesn't realize that previous poor case assortments and distribution are the reason why retailers aren't ordering product.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

we 3 funny car maters from orient are (i really need to work on these lyrics )

we 3 kimura kaizo's.... (one's missing )

Comment

Just got this in the mail today...

My wife surprised me with this after I bought her a new camera.

I tested it out and the light underneath still works. Have to wrap this too and open it on Christmas morning.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Congratulations on the Tokyou Mater, bobbyjack... it's a great item for a collection.

Nice job on the lyrics, djjd21!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I love tokyo mater. i need to get one somehow someday. Great score bobbyjack.

Today I received a package from an ebay purchase. Paid a slight more then I wanted. But that is the risks of ebay. Took a while to receive, but coming from China...ah well. I guess this would be a backdoor release J Curby Gremlin. Either the auction ended, or I placed my max bid the day before he was announced as a release lol.

Still gonna get a regular release sometime though...

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Received a great package from GotFrank in the mail today... due to the weather they crammed the box into our mailbox but thanks to a superb packing job the Cars were in great condition..

Falcon Hawk 1 - I needed one to send to a friend overseas...

Custom RSN Hauler:

Many thanks, GotFrank!

Comment

Jason -

Have you got pictures of the rear of those Deluxe cardbacks?

I have some US ones and some 'UK/International' ones, so I'd like to see what the difference is with the 'full international/international' versions.

It was only recently that I saw a picture of a Prince Wheeliam on an non-UK/international cardback. It only had Chase in three languages, whereas the UK/international one has ten languages!

I guess that the UK/international version is really a UK/Europe (international) version?

Comment

here you go nigel

you are indeed right,ours are intended for the european market,whereas the 4 language version are found in other locales around the globe.i have witnessed auctions in brazil,mexico,canada,singapore and australia for them.

Comment

got this guy from a China ebayer today

so these 2 can now chill together

I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

very nice! Two Lemons I am most definetly looking forward to having in my collection. Good job

Transformers for Trade

Comment

DeceptiCog if you need a J Curby I can probably pick one up for you! I have seen them multiple times and passed on them... No promises cause odds are if im looking for them i wont find them, but i could keep an eye out during my hunts!!

Comment

thanks for the offer Scavenger, however I do alraedy have a J Curby

Transformers for Trade

Comment

As I was heading to the post office this morning to mail 4 prize packages, my postman pulled into the driveway with a package from JMDL Toys for me... I was able to add another case P to my collection... Many thanks, Earl and Steffanie from JMDL Toys!

Comment

a nice pre-christmas arrival

and even charlie appears to like these two

Comment

Working...
                                X