Recent Finds: December 2012 trades and online purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
    Just saw this posted over in the T5AD forums...

http://shop.mattel.com/search/index....ixar+cars&sr=1

Just ordered 2 sets for me and the guy I work with who just started collecting Cars. Hurry before they go out of stock Merry Christmas!
    A couple of coupons to help out those interested in this deal:

10% order – IW4009266
    Free Shipping over $25 - WHEELSFAN25

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
    Fred Rogers

Comment

got this nice Christmas gift from djjd21

and this showed up from Murdock in Singapore!

I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

While I couldn't get out today due to the weather, USPS did deliver in a 4 wheel drive vehicle... I walked through 3 foot drifts in my driveway and road and found a great package from djjd21 in my mailbox... Lights and Sounds Darrell Cartrip, and a TRU Metallic Finn McMissile... Thank you, Jason!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

received this great lot of cars from bobbyjack today, the new 2013 cars that i was after

Comment

this came this morning

Comment

but I bet it didnt feel as good as finding it in the wild!!!!
              Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
              this came this morning

Comment

Great score Jason, these are great pity's and a great addition to your already super collection

Comment

Received my Ivan Mater and Kabuki Mater orders from Mattel today... pictures to come later - I'm going to go to Target, Walmart, and Toys R US in search of Cars...

Ivan Mater:

I like Kabuki Mater!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Got mine too! UPS delivered them right after the kids went inside from playing in the snow. They will still be able to be suprised when I pull them out!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Decided to open up my other boxes from my Mattel Deluxe order(s)... good thing that at least a couple of them are going to be opened.

In this one box of 6, they packed 2 rows of 3 without flipping any of the Cars over... this is over a 45 degree bend.

The other boxes seem to be more or less OK... they were stacked better... minor damage on a few which could have happened in the original case packing... not wrapped in bubblewrap... a little bit of brown paper... no air pillows or packing peanuts... I could have condensed the 3 boxes to 2 and possibly 1... but I'm just glad to have these and think others will be too... wish I had extras but I don't.

Comment

• 1 of the 4 maters i got from Mattel was mangled a bit. Not a full bend like above..but the hanger was nearly ripped off and the shell was a little dented in. I sent the 2 good ones to another member and kept the bad one, its getting ripped open anyway!

Comment

• Here are a couple other photos showing just how bent those 2 Deluxe Cars are:

I've gotten verification that they will be opened... I'll also open a set for myself and keep one carded.

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            Decided to open up my other boxes from my Mattel Deluxe order(s)... good thing that at least a couple of them are going to be opened.

In this one box of 6, they packed 2 rows of 3 without flipping any of the Cars over... this is over a 45 degree bend.

The other boxes seem to be more or less OK... they were stacked better... minor damage on a few which could have happened in the original case packing... not wrapped in bubblewrap... a little bit of brown paper... no air pillows or packing peanuts... I could have condensed the 3 boxes to 2 and possibly 1... but I'm just glad to have these and think others will be too... wish I had extras but I don't.
                            Great stuff! Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday. I was wondering: do you think if we bought the exact Case contents they would have shipped them in the original Case box?

I had the same bend happen to me when I ordered from Amazon. My Miles Meattruck Malone came like that in the box, luckily I was planning on opening it anyway or otherwise I would have been pretty mad.

Comment

• Good question, Fillmore... I think that had a full case been ordered it would have been packaged the same way... my guess is they had them already sorted in large boxes/crates according to character... it would be nice to be able to see the warehouse where these and other Mattel Cars items are stored...

Comment

• It would be really nice to see Mattel continue to offer the new cars on the website!! They can sit on the things for all i care...but if we weren't openers and mint was a necessity I may think twice about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X